The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Light Side alignment V reset to 0 in less than a week

ambroseaz

I worked pretty diligently to achieve Light V, only to have it completely wiped to 0 for no reason. I'm told this is a known bug and it will be addressed in upcoming updates. Which updates? When will these updates release? What are you doing today to reestablish the proper alignment :mad: Edited by ambroseaz

I worked pretty diligently to achieve Light V, only to have it completely wiped to 0 for no reason. I'm told this is a known bug and it will be addressed in upcoming updates. Which updates? When will these updates release? What are you doing today to reestablish the proper alignment :mad:

The same thing just happened to me and now I can't even use my Light Tokens which I also grinded myself into boredom for. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Not happy. :(

• 1 month later...

Looks like this has happened to me now. My understanding is that I shouldn't bother opening a ticket because nothing will be done? I went to buy some stuff from the light vendor and was surprised to see some items grayed out and that's when I realized what had happened.

In my case I noticed today that I'd gone from light V to light III, so I don't know if it happened a while ago and I only noticed now or if what happened to me is slightly different. I was on Section X a few months ago. I think I'd remember if my "only makes light side decisions" character suddenly made tens of thousands of points worth of DS choices, you know? Not to mention that I have DS points = 0 on my character screen. So where did those light side points go if I never made any DS decisions?

Edited by CloudCastle

Got this today:

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Support.

We wanted to let you know that we identified the problem you ran into as a bug. We’ll fix it in a future game update.

Keep an eye on http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes for details on bug fixes included in each game update.

Galactic Support is our specialty….

Thank you,

The Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Support Team.

• 5 months later...

Happened to me yesterday. Was at Dark V and reset to 0/neutral. Only noticed after opening 50+ tier 4 command crates under dark side 5 victory and got 0 gold/248 gear drops. Was pissed and sent a ticket. Doubt ill be compensated. Will probably be chalked up to rng.....sapped my will to play the rest of the weekend

Ashur

Edited by AshurDarksoul

I had this same problem on my Republic character and this is part of my answer from Customer Service:

"This particular case appears to have been caused by a few things within the game that will need to be corrected in a future game update and as such, cannot be corrected by Customer Service. "

They aren't able to restore my character to Light 5. I'm very disappointed, as this will affect story dialog and outcomes. Also, I have 3 crew skills at 600, which cost a lot of time and credits, so I don't want to give one up to grind Diplomacy.

I had this same problem on my Republic character and this is part of my answer from Customer Service:

"This particular case appears to have been caused by a few things within the game that will need to be corrected in a future game update and as such, cannot be corrected by Customer Service. "

They aren't able to restore my character to Light 5. I'm very disappointed, as this will affect story dialog and outcomes. Also, I have 3 crew skills at 600, which cost a lot of time and credits, so I don't want to give one up to grind Diplomacy.

I believe they all give light/dark points now not just diplomacy.

• 7 months later...

This just happened to me too...

I did some missions on Section X, logged out and then back in, and my Dark Side V is now neutral. Clearly this bug hasn't been fixed yet, but has anyone had their Dark/Light points restored after reporting this???

This may seem like a small issue to some people, but it took a lot of time {for me anyway] to build up Dark/Light side alignment. Playing this particular character, the way that I do, was the whole reason for making him in the first place. Now he can't even use any of the gear I bought him with Dark Side tokens.

Clearly this bug hasn't been fixed yet, but has anyone had their Dark/Light points restored after reporting this???

This may seem like a small issue to some people, but it took a lot of time {for me anyway] to build up Dark/Light side alignment. Playing this particular character, the way that I do, was the whole reason for making him in the first place. Now he can't even use any of the gear I bought him with Dark Side tokens.

No, it happened to my main twice (I shouldn't been more careful the second time!) and in spite of asking CS the second time the points weren't restored. Just grinded them back up. :(

My poor Jedi knight keeps getting her light side points reset to neutral. I haven't even been to Section X either in a very, very long time. I have grinded her light side rep up to 5 several times now. After playing the Nathema FP I noticed she was at a light 3. I don't make dark side choices with her. She was my first character to get the "Pure" title too. This is annoying and old that it has not been fixed yet.