The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What class do people look for when doing the hardest content?

Aribethx

Returned to SWTOR very recently. I see the top dps specs are Merc and Sniper. I think we have to assume that the stance doubling bug will be fixed soon, so an assassin wouldn't be top dps after that fix.

But I don't want to level up one of each character. I do want to do the top content in the game. I have no guild or friends that play this game, so what class would you recommend that most people will want to add to their group that is doing the top tier content in the game right now?

I prefer to wield a lightsaber, but I would still like to know the most sought after classes in PvE (PvP too I suppose, although I probably play PvE more)

Thanks

Returned to SWTOR very recently. I see the top dps specs are Merc and Sniper. I think we have to assume that the stance doubling bug will be fixed soon, so an assassin wouldn't be top dps after that fix.

But I don't want to level up one of each character. I do want to do the top content in the game. I have no guild or friends that play this game, so what class would you recommend that most people will want to add to their group that is doing the top tier content in the game right now?

I prefer to wield a lightsaber, but I would still like to know the most sought after classes in PvE (PvP too I suppose, although I probably play PvE more)

Thanks

i would recomend you a marauder for endgame content. its great on pve, and can some how do very well at pvp (anihilation/carnage/focus).but prolly also a very secure bet at this moment, it merc. great for pve (ranged), doesnt suffer much from downtime, and right now on pvp, its amazing on its survivability..but it doesnt have lightsabers... ;)

Before it was, Powertech, Jug, Sin they were the best at dealing damage in OPS, real dps not paper one on your dummy (you need instant dps, any channeling skill is really bad in OPS) but i didnt played few years.

Now im watching stats on parseio and seems sentinels got in touch finally a dps class does more than guardian as tank :o but lets see, didnt logged in cos stll downloading client.

Get a toon on fleet and ask people, see what is needed you will figure out very fast.

Edited by evXetwvi

Of the "lightsaber" classes the worst DPS right now is Sage/Sorc. The general consensus now is that if you make a sage/sorc the character had better be a healer.

The rest are similar enough, but mara/sent is the best. BUT my understanding is that the new rotation for sent/mara can be VERY complicated (broken up into "phases").