The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Quesh huttball leap issues

pandagreat

This nerf happened soon after the time when they granted teleports to all classes such as ops and assassins because things have gotten crazy. Sadly warriors got somewhat screwed because they had a leap since 1.0 of the game as their signature ability. A proper nerf should've left warriors and properly specced PTs as the classes that still could do that. But alas...

I don't understand the reasoning behind it though. If people are dumb enough to be leaped to then what's thE harm? Instead I got to deal with ranged classes just standing up there freecasting while I wait for the acid. This just irks me Edited by pandagreat

I love the snipers that live at the top ledge of quesh huttball and have dropping/rolling to heal packs mastered so they essentially never die and end up doing 10mil damage by the end of the match.

(Slight exaggeration folks don't start trying to argue with me that snipers can't do 10mil damage! I know some of you want to....) :p

This nerf happened soon after the time when they granted teleports to all classes such as ops and assassins because things have gotten crazy. Sadly warriors got somewhat screwed because they had a leap since 1.0 of the game as their signature ability. A proper nerf should've left warriors and properly specced PTs as the classes that still could do that. But alas...

It's not actually a nerf, it's a bug that has gone unfixed. It started happening not long before Snaves interview with Eric Musco and he asked him about it because it wasnt in the patch notes.

We were all complained it was a nerf and not needed and wanted to know what the reasoning was and to tell them to reverse it.

But Eric came out and said it was a bug. Anything that isn't in the patch notes is a bug apparently. Since then we've heard nothing about it. We've had multiple threads and people have reported it as a bug.

Plus I can confirm it's a bug because I can still leap into that zone between 5-10 attempts.

It needs to get fixed, but like everything in this game, bugs that don't affect game currency or CXP grind are ignored.

Can someone explain why a voidstar just ended midway after the first bridge was down when my team was attacking and the other team took the whole first round and only got to the second door? There was still time left on the eround but it ended and I thought we won but apparently to my surprise got a defeat and the other team was surprised that they won. These kind of bugs just makes me want to punch someone at bioware really hard. Makes this gear grind that more *********** painful

Can someone explain why a voidstar just ended midway after the first bridge was down when my team was attacking and the other team took the whole first round and only got to the second door? There was still time left on the eround but it ended and I thought we won but apparently to my surprise got a defeat and the other team was surprised that they won. These kind of bugs just makes me want to punch someone at bioware really hard. Makes this gear grind that more *********** painful

Too many people quit the match so it was aborted, and they had made it further at the time of the abortion. Thats about the only way that happens. Its stupid.

I never had any problems with leaps because I'm constantly moving. The only problem I have with Huttball is we can't stop them other team from scoring if we're stuck in the safe area.

Leap is broken on most maps in terms of leaping near the spawn area. Sometimes in Voidstar I can holotraverse to players who are standing on the crate underneath the initial defender spawn, sometimes I can't. Mostly can't.

Sometimes I can holotraverse to players on the line in Huttball but mostly I can't.

I've not been able to holotraverse to a player on the line in Quesh Huttball for quite some time.

Musco said that the inability to leap to the line was a bug but they haven't said anything further on that matter since so I don't think it's going to get fixed anytime soon. It's a shame to be honest because leaping to the line in huttball was one of the few ways you could actually intelligently counter play teams and it's removal is a strict dumbing down of those maps mechanics.