The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Shadow/Sin vs. Bestia NiM

Exocor

Hey,

we tried out Bestia NiM last night, our first attempt post-nerf, and it was quite painful. I remembered the problems I had back in 4.0, when I tried to collect monsters with my shadow and switched on my guardian, who is not as equipped as my shadow, to collect. However, it worked sometimes, but it was really painful, so I thought on options, to tank it with my shadow, because of more dcd's with more uptime and less cooldown and also due to it's advantages in later fight (shroud dodging stacks). The problem here is, that the shadow has 10-15% lesser armor rating than a guardian or a vanguard, so 2 non-shielded/non-dcd'd pulverises would kill me.

Does anyone have ideas/suggestions what to do and how to tank it without being dependent on lucky shielding?

Edited by Exocor

Stack endurance

Good point! I also thought of getting 8%-Guard from my cotank (so, I would have passively ~50% DR). Also, we have 2 Gunslingers in our group, who can provide Scrambling Shields. I calculated, that I would be able to have permanently a dcd online until 2:00

0:00-0:10: -

0:10-0:25: Deflection

0:25-0:45: 1st Scrambling Field

0:45-1:05: Relic+Force Potency

1:05-1:20: Battle Readyness

1:20-1:40: 2nd Scrambling Field

1:40-2:00: Absorb Adrenal

I should also be able to Force-Speed every fourth pulverise and Resilence one pulverise per ~40s. Vanish-Resilence is reserved to dodge the first stacks. Theoretically, if I have two monsters at 2:00 I can use deflection again, or wait until Bestia is active.

Critical phases are 0:45-1:05 with only a small dcd online with no guaranteed DR and also the last 5-10 seconds with absorb adrenal, because it is possibly completely consumed before it's duration is over. I thought of keeping Resilence and Medpacks for this situations.

Stacking endurance seems to be an interesting idea. However, I would lost 30-40 points of shield/absorb and would gain ~600 points of health per enhancement. The possible gain would be 4.000-5.000 health over all. I would reach 130.000 health, that is not enough to survive 2 pulverises of 70k. Actually I am fluctuating between 125.000-126.000, because gear is changing every day. I am not convinced about the benefits of this change.

I noted, that pulverise has a cd of 10 seconds. It seems to be useful, to let the monsters smash non-synchron and to watch the intervals to be able to force speed one of them. Also, I thought of letting them smash equally, so that I can dodge two smashs with force speed/resilence. However, if I miss the timing the fight would be over very soon. I will experiment with timers tonight and watch the results.

Any ideas/suggestions to all of this? I am looking forward to test these plans this night and will keep you informed!

Edited by Exocor

I've done it but it's extremely painful to tank double monsters. Force Speed the hits you know will kill you. Make sure both healers can reach you and rotate shields. To me it's not worth the hassle as a PT can deal with the spikes better. But it's doable on a sin. It's just like 4.0 now with the ability to mitigate some more of the spike damage with Force Speed

TLDR: It's doable just continue what you are doing and use your consumables too. Just make sure you let your healers know when you have no CDs left before the next smash as if your not topped off with no DCDs it can one shot you if your unlucky.

Edited by FerkWork

GG.

Jugg is the worst right now for taking double monsters.

I thought of guardian because of blade blizz, to dodge pulverises and stacks. Problem is the very long cd of it's dcd's. I used a vanguard back in 4.0. Besides that, shadow makes the fight after the first phase very easy.

I thought of guardian because of blade blizz, to dodge pulverises and stacks. Problem is the very long cd of it's dcd's. I used a vanguard back in 4.0. Besides that, shadow makes the fight after the first phase very easy.

Yeah as you said the Jugg CDs are too long for the first phase and the lack of decent rotational mitigation compared to the other 2 makes it vulnerable if a Swipe or Pulverize isn't shielded or the former defended. The swap don't bother me as much so I never really think about it. Phase 2 is really boring as a tank lol.

First phase Bestia is only hard first ~4 seconds, because RNG. If both monsters spawn from same portal it's ez mode, if from different, you need to grab one with Pull and other with taunt, while positioning yourself in such a manner that they get to you at the same time.

Then you just rotate cooldowns on synched pulverize, which required snipper in 4.0 (was possible without ofc, but healers would freak out), now piss easy with Speed.

You are gimping yourself by not synching pulves. This is one anomaly of an encounter where you want to get spikes as tank -- because it's so easy to use cd to counter spike to a max of half your hp, and then healers have 12s to top you off.