How to become a millionaire by using these crew skills?

WiLDxPL

You faulty assume that I would run Heroics with the purpose of getting gifts. Gifts are a side effect. I run them with guild for conquest or fun.

And yeah, having level 50 companion is worth every gift invested. They do other things than crafting.

I'm inclined to think that all you do "in game" is that you log on, set companions to craft and log out. You didn't say a single thing of what you actually do to "earn" money you say you have, all I see you do here is refer people to your signature and drop in every crafting thread to pretty much say how everyone should stay away from crafting. Maybe eliminating your own competition?

Too bad we are not on the same server, to see how quickly your empire of crystals and dyes would crumble... Because you cannot beat level 50 crafter with level 35 crafter.

Also, where in the patch notes for 5.0 is said that crit on color crystals was fixed?

You faulty assume that I would run Heroics with the purpose of getting gifts. Gifts are a side effect. I run them with guild for conquest or fun.

And yeah, having level 50 companion is worth every gift invested. They do other things than crafting.

I'm inclined to think that all you do "in game" is that you log on, set companions to craft and log out. You didn't say a single thing of what you actually do to "earn" money you say you have, all I see you do here is refer people to your signature and drop in every crafting thread to pretty much say how everyone should stay away from crafting. Maybe eliminating your own competition?

Too bad we are not on the same server, to see how quickly your empire of crystals and dyes would crumble... Because you cannot beat level 50 crafter with level 35 crafter.

Also, where in the patch notes for 5.0 is said that crit on color crystals was fixed?

not that psandak needs me to defend him: but you're wildly off base. i've absorbed a lot of useful info from him via this forum over the years. he definitely does not say everyone should "stay away from crafting" - on the contrary, he has stated repeatedly that crafting will yield superior returns versus selling mats or other in-game activities. and while I don't think he's explicitly given out the list of items he crafts (no crafter wants to invite competition into his market), he's mentioned a lot of things aside from "crystals and dyes". like blue cybertech mods/enhancements.

re: 50 comps - i agree with you that it's worth the investment. but i also don't believe it's necessary to grind all of your comps all the way to max influence. i have one toon with five 50s; i send four of them out constantly on rich/bountiful slicing missions and use the fifth to craft. that toon makes a load of dough, and keeps my augment/enhancement business rolling. but i also have toons without any 50s, and they do just fine. no, of course they don't crit as frequently, but they're plenty profitable.

some folks just starting out in crafting simply won't have the credits to buy all those gifts, and I think the point is that those players don't need those 50s in order to turn a healthy profit. once they accumulate the credits, imo, the gift investment will prove to be worthwhile.

If someone needs to be told what yields better profit on GTN... well, bad news for that someone...

Also, useful is very, very relative term...

Anyway, I'm not attacking anyone, I'm only displeased by the way Crafting forums become singular vision of one crafter meddling into everyone's business. That's it.

Since my opinion is against popular opinion, these kind of things usually end badly. I have no more desire to add up to this pseudo conflict.

To quickly respond to OP, buy a pack kid, sell stuff. You will get your money, BW will get their money, everyone wins...

First I want to say thank you to MaximilianPower. MaximilianPower is 100% correct that while artifice is my most profitable crafter, it is not my ONLY crafter. I have all six crafting skills and use them ALL to profit. In my "Crew Skills Money Making" guide I specifically state that diversity is a major key to consistent success; my artificer might have a down week but one or more of my other crafters will have an up week so I still make my 10 million credits a week with 3.75 hours invested.

I'll admit there are times when all I do is "log on, set companions to craft and log out" (like in the early AM when I am cooling down from my workout), but it is not ALL that I do. During prime time hours I am usually online doing something: PvP, uprisings, FPs, GSF, Ops, or at worst just hangin' out with guildies chatting in mumble waiting for someone to suggest an activity that I am willing to participate in to help them.

And I have never been specific about what I sell for one very simple reason that I also explain in "Crew Skill Money Making"...

to give away all my secrets would be foolhardy...it would give my competition a leg up :)

But in a general sense...

• Artifice: color crystals, dye modules, hilts, relics
  • Armstech: barrels, augments, augmentation slot kits
  • Armormech: armorings, augments, augmentation slot kits
  • Biochem: implants, stims, adrenals, medpaks
  • Cybertech: ear pieces, mods, enhancements
  • Synthweaving: armorings, augments, augmentation slot kits

doing quick math in my head, I craft for sale roughly 65 distinct items across all six crafting skills. Some have a larger set than others. Some sell with greater rapidity than others.

Furthermore, I do not tell people to stay away from crafting. what I do say is that for a new player it is best to stay away from crafting until they get a decent corral of characters. I specifically state in "best crew skills"...

If you are asking about your first character, the answers are debatable. I fall into the camp of taking two of the three gathering skills (Scavenging, Bioanalysis, Archeology), and Slicing if you are a new subscribing player. My reason is that, I know from experience that trying to maintain a crafting crew skill so that what you craft does not lag behind can be credits intensive; just gathering from nodes is insufficient to maintain a crafting skill at or near a character's level - one has to run missions and lots of them. Others say that selling your wares on the GTN counter balanced the expense. While probably true, this path is riskier: maybe what you make won't sell.

Lastly, the reason I consistently post "read my guide" is because the questions are always the same:

"what's the best crew skills for class X?"

"how do I obtain those high end schematics?"

"how do I make money with crew skills?"

"RE is not working...why?"

Why copy and paste the same response into dozens of threads, when I can create a guides to answer those questions and direct those who create new threads to those existing guides? 9 times out of 10 the person asking the question comes back with a "thank you". I wish BW would sticky some of them so they would be on page 1 all the time so those new threads would not pop up every week, but they haven't.

it was me, saying something against crafting.

if you wanna still go on, do so. i really don't care.

and i do my profit from crafters, selling under price.

the more crafter will work, the more profit i get.

you always have to ask yourself, if it is worth your time

and you need to force yourself, calculating everything,

not to lose profit.

that 50s companion are worth every gift they get, we

don't need to discuss. i'm a person logging all my

activities ingame. call it a lil tick of mine. but so i noticed

the most differences between. at least i have one 50, my

crafting chars have more. also some collectores, but

this was more about the eternal championship.

but do the way you like.

giving 6000+ gifts is insane. you are right. but many

people use this way, using special keyboards or a

programmable mouse, when they are away from keyboard.

doing heroics, while sending companions to missions,

is a very effective way of farming crates, credits and lower

materials, you need for several items, selling well during

some events, like crafting weeks.

but if you say, that you do 10 mill a week, with about 3h of crafting,

and this is a good profit for you... okay.

i do the same profit in 30 min of trading. im not building anything,

not sending companions to missions, not crafting anything...

but hey. it is your game, do what you like. if you like to build and sell items,

do so. you will get some credits, of course.

if you wanna run heroics, do so. do whatever you want, because having fun

ingame is the main thing. don't do anything you don't like, because of some credits,

some items, whatever.

My four revenue streams

1. I buy one new hypercrate, and hold onto it til the initial rush/flood dies down (or its no longer available) then sell it off one pack at a time, also tend to snap up a few things like the gold armor packs recently. This is my main "big money" method, but requires real money invested. I do this sparingly.

2. Highest tier crafted, and some other crafted (never do armor, cause all people want is set stuff, if you wanna do enhancements and mods thats usually okay but its cutthroat on gtn in undercutting, and the windows to get your merch out are pretty short, usually 2-3 weeks post major update)

3. Harder to obtain crafting mats, purples, voids, isotopes, etc. These are probably the most reliable revenue stream for me, as they rarely stay listed for more than a couple hours if priced competitively. Getting them is a PITA, but weeklies and dailies, as well as random drops usually net me 5-10 isos and 2-3 voids every coupla days. I keep a certain amount in stockpile, the rest go GTN.

4. Overflow mats, anodynes, basically anything used for conquest or consumables, keep a stock of 200-500 for personal use, sell all the rest, nets a few hundred thousand a day, but it means keeping my alts constantly on skill missions. Only do it when i need a slush fund.

Things I never do:

- Try to play the big ticket item game with opening packs or any of that gamble stuff, i sell the packs whole, sure i could get lucky and nab up a 60mil big ticket item, but i could also lose out on 50 mil guaranteed money by opening all garbage and not just selling the packs.

- Sell in mass quantities, only the other marketers ever really buy in true bulk (talking 600+ stacks here) unless they are gonna grind something, so its just a waste, better off selling mats at stacks of 10-50, takes longer but usually slow and steady leads to bigger profits

- Horde things i absolutely will never use, i sell everything i get my hands on that has any kind of value to someone else, or give it to the guild if its el cheapo. I keep a few of every crafting mat tiers 1-9, just as placeholders, but i dont keep massive amounts, sold those off (except the stuff used for conquest, those are still pretty good sellers)

- Play the market. Buying someone elses stuff and reselling it. Again, its a gamble on pricepoints, and in reality doesnt make a ton of money, thats a myth. Unless someone is dumb and puts up a VMC for 50k, oh yeah im nabbing that and reposting for 2mil or whatever the current pricepoint is, but buying and selling for small increments is just a waste of time.

I had a intense week in the crafting department. I was almost broke from spending my few millions in CXP character perks for three toons and I wanted to by a nice armor for a toon before starting Kotfe.

While i used to sell crafted things now and then to make somthing extra, this was my first really heavy crafting week so i decided to follow the advice of other more experienced people more closely than before.

What i got/did:

* I already had a few Green/Blue and Purple mats before this week

* In this first run i played mostly three toons: One synthweaver, one Cybertech, and one Artifice.

* Only One lvl 50 companion, one lvl 35 and one lvl 32. All others 20s or less. I would like a lvl 50 on each, but that would cost me Ms i wanted to spend on other things first.

* Dedicated first days tring to figure out best selling items i could craft, then heavy on those.

* Tried to avoid spending but still bought from GTN some good deals on mats like grade 10 scavenged mats for less than 400 credits each (this boosted my augment kits sell). When the price is too low, its hard to resit.

* Playing SOR and Yavin dailys with an archeologist helped a lot with the dyes. When there are no bots and few or no other archeologist its actually nice to farm there.

Result after 8 days or so:

* Several hours invested. Don´t know exactly how many as some was mission/crafting while playing or waiting for pvp pop. Still more than 4.

* Got my armor. Spend about 13,5 M (looking for good deals several times per day, the set is usually double that on the best offer)

* Still keep about 5M extras and still have lots of mats to continue.

Bottom line:

* A lot of room to get better, but as a first really heavy money maker week i think i did pretty well.

* psandak advice is really good. THANK YOU!! And my Jugg with in his brand new Unrelenting Terror Armor thanks you too :rak_03:

Edited by Balameb