Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

2 teams full of Mercs and healers. Guess how that went

Shepird

PvP'd with my assassin last night. A marauder on my team as well. Both teams were mostly mercs and healers in the warzone. Nobody going down, including myself due to our team having 3 healers and the rest mercs. Other team was the same way. It was like hitting a punching bag. I would crit for 18k and 14k, significant chunk of damage...right back to 100 percent. It was laughable. I would get hit by 3 mercs and there was so much AoE healing going around I never dropped below 50 percent. Bioware, fix the damn balancing or start queuing up balanced teams.

I had the same experience, but really had a blast with it. My team probably hated me for a little bit (lowbies, big deal), but I stealthed and observed the mob probably longer than I should have. At the right moment, BOOM: force speed in, overload/root their whole squad while their stuns are on CD, help the mara burst down, aggro pull, cloak out, repeat! I love the class for that "maniac cavalry" potential, and I'm a jugg at heart

Nobody going down, including myself due to our team having 3 healers and the rest mercs. Other team was the same way.

Bioware, fix the damn balancing or start queuing up balanced teams.

If the teams were the same and performed the same, doesn't that mean the teams were balanced? :rak_01:

Its not just mercs and healers, defensives inflated across the board.

Id really like to know who was in charge for increasing defensives on sniper and marauder because he deserves the moron of balance award

This just in, from Maras and Sents everywhere in Arenas. We know you like to tunnel us and get your easy quick kill in and turn around and go for the rest of the team- we're still tunnelled and quite often we can go down but we are allowed to outwit your free food kill.

This is such a simple thing for them to fix.

LIMIT the number of healers per team!

REGARDLESS of who is grouped with who (yeah I know, already I hear the whining "I just wanna play with my friendssssss *sob*); have the game balance the heals. So, if 4 healers queued and Civil War was the one it chose, put 2 on one team, 2 on the other. Fixed. Easily.

I'm glad I am not the only one who see's this. I was on a team with no healers and the other team had 3 or 4. So I just stood there and did nothing at all. Yes I got yelled at for it but I don't care because we all may as well just stand there and do nothing considering no matter how much damage we do, we can't couldn't win.

I'm glad I am not the only one who see's this. I was on a team with no healers and the other team had 3 or 4. So I just stood there and did nothing at all. Yes I got yelled at for it but I don't care because we all may as well just stand there and do nothing considering no matter how much damage we do, we can't couldn't win.

I'd have vote kicked you for being AFK. Trying is better than just handing it over to the other team- for every extra healer, that's one less DPS- three/four healers couldn't overcome you tunnelling them one by one and if you keep the healers tied up, the worst you can say is you tried as compared to being dead weight.

Edited by AllisonLightning

This is such a simple thing for them to fix.

LIMIT the number of healers per team!

REGARDLESS of who is grouped with who (yeah I know, already I hear the whining "I just wanna play with my friendssssss *sob*); have the game balance the heals. So, if 4 healers queued and Civil War was the one it chose, put 2 on one team, 2 on the other. Fixed. Easily.

They should mirror the ranked group finder for unranked arenas, I see no reason why unranked players should suffer from random role selections just because they don't have rating behind their win\lose, it is very strange.

Depending on the map that may be true or it may be totally wrong. Huttball can be horribly painful against a team with several healers. But CW and NC stand out as the ones where too many healers can lose you the game. The healers tend to focus on healing and on those maps, many times I have been able to cap right under their noses just because they were all too busy looking at health bars to see me capping. Their team may have got 20 kills plus on each person but we end up with the win which is more important.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.