Cant Buy Unassembled Gear With Crate Items (Legendary drops)

Quenadarious

Anyone else have this issue?

So I was one of the lucky few who got a 236 Legendary item (earpiece) out of a command crate.

It has the exact same name as the one the T2 vendor sells.

Exact same stats as the one the T2 vendor sells.

Exact same item level and its legendary just the same.

I have the correct amount of unassembled parts.

I cannot use it to buy the T3 schematic to upgrade it.

It seems like I have to start to finish use these vendors if I am going to use them at all.

I cant hand in the legendary I got from my command level bag and build off of it.

Anyone else have this issue?

I don't know the drop rate on legendary items so I am not sure how often this would be an issue.

Thanks.

ouch, I had noticed this myself... I thought it was because I didn't have enough of the pvp tokens yet.

My second thought was... maybe it only works with the ops looted or pvp earnt token shells? That would be a little tight.

My third thought on it was "maybe there is a flag on the item and it has to be a 5.1+ looted item"... ofc now I'm tier 3, that's kinda fked anwyays. But will be fine for alts if they get some I spose.

Edited by leehambly

Are you wearing the earpiece when you try to trade it in? It has to be in your inventory, not in your ear.

I spent a few minutes looking at all the new vendors and it struck me: Back in 4.0 you'd go to the PvP vendor, and the price for the Exemplar Helmet (208) was shows as 1 Cynosure Helmet (204) + XX Warzone Comms. These new guys just show X Unassembled Components + X Command Tokens, no indication that you need to trade in the lower tier piece. Common sense and Musco's posts tell me that is the case, but nothing in game does.

These new guys just show X Unassembled Components + X Command Tokens, no indication that you need to trade in the lower tier piece. Common sense and Musco's posts tell me that is the case, but nothing in game does.

In the next room over you use the Tier 2 236 piece and the warzone parts

WARZONE COMENDATIONS!

.....to buy the Tier 3 Unassembled Component, Then you take that to the next room and trade that in with your command tokens that are legacy bound for your Tier 3 242 Piece.

Just, it apparently has to be a T2 piece you bought from the vendor, not got from a bag.

Edited by Quenadarious

I took it off my ear, added to my bag, check!

Took the augment out of it, so its empty, check!

rats... it still says [Augmented] in the name...

So it is not "identical".....

I hope adding the mk-10 augment kit isn't what messed it up...

I think we NEED a clarification on this one. I don't have enough parts for now (and with current rates may be I never will, lol) but I was lucky to get 4 T1 set pieces out of the magic CXP boxes. I've augmented them (obviously). Am I supposed to grind for the entire T1 set from the scratch now? :eek:

In the next room over you use the Tier 2 236 piece and the warzone parts

WARZONE COMENDATIONS!

.....to buy the Tier 3 Unassembled Component, Then you take that to the next room and trade that in with your command tokens that are legacy bound for your Tier 3 242 Piece.

Just, it apparently has to be a T2 piece you bought from the vendor, not got from a bag.

That still doesn't sound right. You're supposed to be able to trade the T2 earpiece plus Unassembled Components for the T3 Unassembled Earpiece.

Wait... are you in Tier 3? What's your GC level?

I'm not T3 I am command level 111.

Do I have to be T3 before I can buy the 242?

Shucks, thought I could pvp my way into some better gear faster.

Tell ya the truth, I don't recall anyone ever saying that you had to be. The only requirement is Level 70, as far as I know.

It's possible, I suppose....

Consider.... the original 5.0 system only ever gave out Tier 3 gear if you were at Tier 3, then they introduced this wacky component system. Now you have a way to get Tier 3 gear without being in Tier 3 GC. It seems there's a connection between your GC rank and the tier of gear you can equip.

What a simple, smooth, efficient system this is!

I think we NEED a clarification on this one. I don't have enough parts for now (and with current rates may be I never will, lol) but I was lucky to get 4 T1 set pieces out of the magic CXP boxes. I've augmented them (obviously). Am I supposed to grind for the entire T1 set from the scratch now? :eek:

I have enough parts and it works just fine, with an augmented empty purple shell gotten from a GC crate.

Did you get that piece after 5.1?

Cos I can't turn in anything I got pre 5.1 (I'm at command tier 3 so that's not the issue).

Before. Keep in mind the piece will only turn green if you have the components as well as the piece.

Edited by Eli_Porter