Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

I find it nice to read others ideas on things, gives me ideas of things I never considered. Ideas to further explore, thoughts of how would I do this differently, of how you think the characters would act in that scenario...lots of stuff to ponder. I know we all try to keep the overall character intact but we all put a slight spin on him in our own ways. Even between my multiple warriors I play I do not think each of their Quinn's are truly the same in my own head. Each of my own warriors have different personalities so I think each Quinn needs to have a bit of a different set of traits to better complement each of them, though the over all character I try to remain intact...just the little quirks I change a bit.

But most of the time it is I read someone else's work and I see a small idea of how something went down and I think to myself I like that...let me play with it, let me see how I can mold that into something different :) After all in the grand scheme of things we are all borrowing from Shakespeare.

I have many warriors but they all are one and the same person, so Malavai is one and the same person too.

I just feel like a thief, if I see a similar idea and still go on writing my story. At first I started abandoning ideas, and tried to force different ones not to plagiarise others' work, but that was not a natural flow of how things were playing out in my imagination. So I simply stopped reading. Even if someone accuses me of stealing an idea, I *know* I didn't and couldn't, if I never saw their story before. Still, there is the risk of stepping on someone's toes.

I am a lot more inclined to read fanfic that is more original (like background story of a character that isn't directly re-telling an event from the game plot).

Although given how strong the sexual tension is between them in the game, I don't consider this idea that unique.

(I'm sure people give up on this idea when Zash's aging problem is revealed, but she just needs a new body, so problem solved)

There was a tension? :confused:

I guess considering how I played my Inq, it either never showed, or I never noticed she was coming onto him. He definitely never thought of her that way.

I have many warriors but they all are one and the same person, so Malavai is one and the same person too.

I just feel like a thief, if I see a similar idea and still go on writing my story. At first I started abandoning ideas, and tried to force different ones not to plagiarise others' work, but that was not a natural flow of how things were playing out in my imagination. So I simply stopped reading. Even if someone accuses me of stealing an idea, I *know* I didn't and couldn't, if I never saw their story before. Still, there is the risk of stepping on someone's toes.

I am a lot more inclined to read fanfic that is more original (like background story of a character that isn't directly re-telling an event from the game plot).

I really like your Quinn/Wrath fanfiction, it is very well written and your own characters are nice too. :)

There was a tension? :confused:

I guess considering how I played my Inq, it either never showed, or I never noticed she was coming onto him. He definitely never thought of her that way.

Oh, there was! There were moments when I thought 'Whoa, what is going on here?' I tend to try out all convo options, and there are some things people can miss.

She stands too close, speaks seductively, checks him up and down, even touches/caresses his arm (!) more than once, kindly. From a woman’s perspective, I wouldn't do these unless I wanted to get close to the man. Especially the arm touching. That's not something that happens in an average master-apprentice relationship, especially if it is a Sith one. :) E.g. Baras always keeps a good distance when talking to you. (which I don’t mind at all, he’s quite intimidating and doesn't look good either LOL XD)

Of course, she wants to get close to you, earn your trust, but in the case of the male Inquisitor, it is much more...;) He seems to like it too, despite no real Flirt options are available.

Edited by Dylinrae

I really like your Quinn/Wrath fanfiction, it is very well written and your own characters are nice too. :)

Thank you :)

I guess I should finally sit down to my own Quinncident, and after writing it I'll be free to read all other versions with clear conscience.

Oh, there was! There were moments when I thought 'Whoa, what is going on here?' I tend to try out all convo options, and there are some things people can miss.

She stands too close, speaks seductively, checks him up and down, even touches/caresses his arm (!) more than once, kindly. From a woman’s perspective, I wouldn't do these unless I wanted to get close to the man. Especially the arm touching. That's not something that happens in an average master-apprentice relationship, especially if it is a Sith one. :) E.g. Baras always keeps a good distance when talking to you. (which I don’t mind at all, he’s quite intimidating and doesn't look good either LOL XD)

Of course, she wants to get close to you, earn your trust, but in the case of the male Inquisitor, it is much more...;) He seems to like it too, despite no real Flirt options are available.

Huh! I never ever noticed that. But now that you mention it, I'll rewatch my old recording and watch my Nayel shiver with disgust LOL His answers to her were always arrogant, he's full of himself, so certainly didn't react to any of that. But I wonder what my impressions will be after this being pointed out (or if I see it myself too or still not).

I guess when I am thinking about it when I get ideas from other peoples work I guess I should clarify. An example that comes to mind to me is many many pages ago we were joking around about Quinn having tea with Talos Drellik post return Iokath. Someone else later added that they would have Vector join in on this, I wouldn't write this yet personally since Vector has not returned yet so it does not follow the rules I placed on myself for my fanfic, but it is a fun idea :) I thought about it more and thought that Quinn might actually get along with Talos and Doctor Lokin and them having tea would be a fun guys night out, discussing the state of the empire and their recent research discoveries as an intellectual conversation. Would the Sith warrior be involved in a conversation like this? Up to the writer, in your case since you have children and a brother written into your story would either of them be involved? Would they discuss other things? Which side did you take on Iokath? Which characters did you spare/kill to get there so many different choices leading to a different character. So many possibilities, at this point you have changed it so much I would not consider it stealing, borrowing an idea and running with it, but not stealing.

I guess I should finally sit down to my own Quinncident, and after writing it I'll be free to read all other versions with clear conscience.

I look forward to reading yours as well when you get to it :) I got mine down, but part of me still is not happy with it. I wrote myself into a corner and had a hell of time trying to write myself out lol

Edited by Nightfrogger

I look forward to reading yours as well when you get to it :) I got mine down, but part of me still is not happy with it. I wrote myself into a corner and had a hell of time trying to write myself out lol

Isn't that a charming part of writing?.... NOT LOL

Isn't that a charming part of writing?.... NOT LOL

Yep, a lot of bashing my head against my desk and crying out to the muse's asking why can't I get this to work lol and a whole bunch of help and suggestions from a friend of mine. I have not messed with it in a while, but that part of my fanfic still bugs me since it is such an important piece to the whole cannon story. Love it or hate it, the betrayal is a great plot twist.

Edited by Nightfrogger

I got mine down, but part of me still is not happy with it. I wrote myself into a corner and had a hell of time trying to write myself out lol

Same here. Also, I usually write my stories pretty slowly because I often modify or add things to make it better, in fear that after posting it I might notice mistakes (especially grammar) or just don't like a certain part anymore, etc. I often keep writing it for years because of this and it's irritating. Do you have this problem as well?

I also want my stories to be as authentic as possible, checking official sites for background infos. Sometimes I get an idea but ask myself 'Is that even possible?'. E.g. Nox and Zash are both Dark Council members in my story. But a sphere has only one leader. Can a Sith leave their sphere and go to another one? I searched but didn't find the answer, so I decided the hell with it, they don't say they can't so I put her in the Sphere of Mysteries as a leader. (It is similar to the Sphere of Ancient Knowledge, and a bookworm like her would love being there I guess.)

Same here. Also, I usually write my stories pretty slowly because I often modify or add things to make it better, in fear that after posting it I might notice mistakes (especially grammar) or just don't like a certain part anymore, etc. I often keep writing it for years because of this and it's irritating. Do you have this problem as well?

Not me. I'm generally a fast writer. Sometimes it takes time to sit down to something, but once I do, it flows. I usually leave it to ripe for a few days to find what I missed, what I could polish, emphasise, flesh out better to make the point clearer, but the general "story" is not changed. It "happened", and now it's just a matter of describing it in detail to everyone else.

Do I find some issues later? Sometimes, yes; but they're always minor, so I never let those stop me from "publishing" something when it's finished.

I also want my stories to be as authentic as possible, checking official sites for background infos. Sometimes I get an idea but ask myself 'Is that even possible?'. E.g. Nox and Zash are both Dark Council members in my story. But a sphere has only one leader. Can a Sith leave their sphere and go to another one? I searched but didn't find the answer, so I decided the hell with it, they don't say they can't so I put her in the Sphere of Mysteries as a leader. (It is similar to the Sphere of Ancient Knowledge, and a bookworm like her would love being there I guess.)

I'm the same way! I have so much fanfic floating around in my head, but hardly anything committed to screen/paper because I tend to be very detail-oriented. I want it to be both authentic and true to the lore, and I also want to do more than just rehash the storyline....so I tend to really delve into what the characters are thinking/feeling during the events, as well as a lot of background story/etc. Sometimes when I start writing, I think "Is this going into waaaay too much detail? Do i really need to delve this far into what they're feeling?" because I can easily write a paragraph on what is running through my characters' heads in response to one spoken line. I don't want it to get too ponderous, but I also want to introduce as much original material as I can. Just finding the balance is hard for me....

It depends on what I am in the mood for writting. Sometimes I want to deal with an in game event, which in that case I am scowering youtube for videos trying to get it as exact as possible, and cherry pick conversation options to make it fit the nerative. Lot of research when I get into one of those. Since scenes are short and have many things like fade to blacks and such, and since many conversations can be done in many places so play around with that. Those I also like to add in what I think would be inner thoughts, and expand the event to show more than we get, still being true to the source material but having room to play. :D

The original stuff I do I usually get an idea in my head and play around with it for a few days or weeks then just sit down and then before I know it a few hours have passed and I have 8 or 9 pages. I try to let it sit for a few hours after I get done and give it a read, then send it to a friend who helps me catch a few errors then I "publish" and end up spending the next week finding errors and changing words here and there.

The thing I laugh about for my fanfic is i have character sheets, a basic timeline already made and a bunch of ideas jotted down for stuff that would be fun to write about :D

I have made some memes, although they are not the puppy face yet.

Awkwardness - the text itself is not my idea but it perfectly matches Quinn :D

http://i.imgur.com/isJYGgz.jpg

Couldn't resist to make a Friends/Joey reference with this facial expression XD

http://i.imgur.com/xS3FVDg.jpg

And finally, it's not Quinn, but since several of you mentioned you are introverts...I am an introvert as well. :D

http://i.imgur.com/RxzGgiM.jpg

I'd give all my ice-cream to have screenshots like this...

I guess I'll have to use his identical cousin for some cheating screenies :rolleyes:

I think the Devs like being mean boys and want to make the girls cry by not fixing customisations for Quinn. Surely there must be one Quinnmancer in that Bioware office?

Not sure how to make a meme...but I can take a screen shot ;) This the right face? It is the awed face.

http://disantia.deviantart.com/art/Puppy-Dog-face-690804118

And while I was at it...also got the famous facepalm ;)

http://disantia.deviantart.com/art/Facepalm-690804235

Those are great! I love the expressions. And that facepalm, is the facepalm of all facepalms. :D

I have made some memes, although they are not the puppy face yet.

Awkwardness - the text itself is not my idea but it perfectly matches Quinn :D

http://i.imgur.com/isJYGgz.jpg

And finally, it's not Quinn, but since several of you mentioned you are introverts...I am an introvert as well. :D

http://i.imgur.com/RxzGgiM.jpg

Those are brilliant. I laughed so hard at the Joey one. :D Perfect, every single one. :D

I think the Devs like being mean boys and want to make the girls cry by not fixing customisations for Quinn. Surely there must be one Quinnmancer in that Bioware office?

I'm starting to think there isn't a Quinnmancer among them. And it makes me sad. :(

I don't count on it.

The only puppy dog face I have is from the end of Ziost.

http://imgur.com/W3Oeub4

My warrior wants to smooch him when he looks like this!

The "seduce with awkwardness" meme is perfect!:D

Edited by Lammia

Those are great! I love the expressions. And that facepalm, is the facepalm of all facepalms. :D

This was a thing I threw together before work today, will take my time when I get home to go through all of the mood faces to see if that was truly the right emote :D. I have all emotes unlocked so am open to requests lol

Edited by Nightfrogger

Friends? Joey? What are-- :eek:

Quinn: *is still smirking* .................. *smirk starts to fade* Er, sir?

Can't...stop...staring...it's so handsome...and just...j-just...

Quinn: ...I should run now, shouldn't I.

Before the fangirl horde crushes you under their squee'ing weight? *starts to hear the stampeding approach of many many fangirls* ...hmmm...

Quinn: *starting to sweat*

...yeah, I'll give you ten seconds' warning. You can run--

Quinn: *FLEES*

I thought you LIKED the attention!

Quinn: *pauses* ;) *starts running again*

... :eek:

Edited by Jagaimee