Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

I can understand...

You - I like you.

The only fiction I've ever written was about my warrior blaming herself, first for Quinn's betrayal and then later for his imprisonment because (from her perspective) she was strong and he was weak. She should have protected him from all of it - what chance did he ever have? -_-

Totally awesome speech that I agree with that is a bit to long to repost

To which I say, someone get this person a cookie.

And also, I agree with you. Yes we take our fandom of this character a bit further than most, but I agree, he is just a normal man stuck in a very difficult situation where he is pretty much screwed either way. I don't understand all of the ire he stirs in people. But thank you for your well written post :) Rock on :)

Edited by Nightfrogger

Glad to hear people like my take on the character, it's been on my mind lately, with the update and all. I've always enjoyed developing characters, and I consider it a personal hobby to observe the development and personalities of others' characters. It's fun to gather the data and play connect the dots, so to speak.

For reference, and in reply to Edyn, of course I would never tell someone that how they enjoy playing their character is wrong. If someone feels that their character's story should rightfully include the death of a companion or satellite character, I would never tell them that they can't do that. It isn't mine or anyone's place to judge others for their personal character story- and the great thing about fiction is that you don't have to agree! You can disagree with someone and simply go about your merry way because it's fiction- you can think whatever you want, and that makes it true to you.

However I don't condone or support those who deliberately go out of their way to disrespect how others enjoy the game. It's just not right, either way you play it. I never intended to address people who are just going about their business- only the ones whose brand of "fun" includes disrupting the enjoyment of others.. Which I've seen a lot of lately.

Edited by SourOrange

...For reference, and in reply to Edyn, of course I would never tell someone that how they enjoy playing their character is wrong...

Right on - I didn't think you were; I was really just agreeing with what you were getting at.

Have hope - Aric makes an appearance or two in the story for a bit of romance (and has a nice chat option on Iokath) after the point where players can choose to kill or keep him.

The Devs really need to put the preferences of players (read: CUSTOMERS/QUINNMANCERS) who like Quinn before their own feelings of hate towards him. Send a bit of love for the ladies (and the few gents) who really like Quinn and add him into NEAR future story updates please. It would be nice to be able to CHOOSE* to take at least one of our romanced/favourite companions with us for the entirety of an Iokath story...

My one concern that they might not bring Quinn back for more story is that one of his letters (non-romanced version) makes it sound like he was taking a tour of the Odessen base. I guess I assumed we would be staying on Iokath throughout the conflict, but maybe not, otherwise it's like... he was sent off to Odessen without me? Will he take a shuttle back and forth? Will the Outlander be shuttling around? If not, will he at least holocall once in a while? Or was he getting a tour of the base on Iokath by Aygo and ran into Vette there? :confused:

So many questions that could have been cleared up if he had just stayed for a few more lines of dialogue before walking off~

*Now I'm just imagining my warrior chasing after him frantically. "YOU'RE LEAVING? WHICH ROOM ARE YOU IN? CAN I VISIT? WANT TO GET DINNER BEFORE YOU GO? ARE YOU GOING TO CALL ME? YOU'RE GOING TO CALL, RIGHT?"

Edited by knoXr

My one concern that they might not bring Quinn back for more story is that one of his letters (non-romanced version) makes it sound like he was taking a tour of the Odessen base. I guess I assumed we would be staying on Iokath throughout the conflict, but maybe not, otherwise it's like... he was sent off to Odessen without me? Will he take a shuttle back and forth? Will the Outlander be shuttling around? If not, will he at least holocall once in a while? Or was he getting a tour of the base on Iokath by Aygo and ran into Vette there? :confused:

So many questions that could have been cleared up if he had just stayed for a few more lines of dialogue before walking off~

*Now I'm just imagining my warrior chasing after him frantically. "YOU'RE LEAVING? WHICH ROOM ARE YOU IN? CAN I VISIT? WANT TO GET DINNER BEFORE YOU GO? ARE YOU GOING TO CALL ME? YOU'RE GOING TO CALL, RIGHT?"

This brings to mind an image of a female sith warrior, sitting anxiously next to her holocom, grabbing at it frantically every time it beeps ...

SW: MALAVAI?!!!

Lana: Er ... no Commander. I need to update you on the status of our invest-

SW: *hangs up to keep the line clear in case Malavai calls*

SW: He'll call, right? I mean, he wouldn't just leave and never call me again would he? I mean, he loves me he said he does-

Theron: *shoots himself in the head*

SW: He'll call, right? I mean, he wouldn't just leave and never call me again would he? I mean, he loves me he said he does-

Theron: *shoots himself in the head*

SW: Theron?! Oo don't worry Theron, Malavai knows first aid! *calls*

Remember, Aric goes off back to the swamp to help the Zakuul refugees learn warfare or back to Havoc squad depending on which option you chose. He does not stay by his wife's side the whole time but he still comes back into the story. I'm sure they have stats on which companions people choose to use most and I bet it's mostly whichever character was romanced, for those that chose the option (a quick look around the fleet and you generally see the companions who can be romanced everywhere). This is why I think they should allow us at least one story line where we get to choose who out of the main characters we team up with.

My hope is that BW have someone secretly scanning this thread for ideas and to see just how much people really want Malavai to remain in the story (are you there Keith?). I hope they are taking note. It's not all about Lana...we've had to put up with her since Darth Arkous went nuts.

SW: :eek: *hangs up* I, I got nervous and hung up, Theron, sorry.. *nudges Theron with boot* Theron?

Quinn: My l--...she hung up? :confused: *answers other holocomm*

Theron: *groggily* ouch.

HOW ARE YOU NOT DEAD!?

Theron: Plot...armor...

SW: Why didn't you call me first?! WHY DID I HAVE TO CALL YOU?!?!

Quinn: ...but...I just...was talking...to you?...you hung up?...

*nudges him* Different warriors.

Quinn: *eye twitch* *cough* My apologies, my lov--lord. *still has a multitude of question marks floating around his head* Er...is there a problem that I'm unaware of...?

Quinn: ...but...I just...was talking...to you?...you hung up?...

*nudges him* Different warriors.

Quinn: *eye twitch* *cough* My apologies, my lov--lord. *still has a multitude of question marks floating around his head* Er...is there a problem that I'm unaware of...?

Uh, yeah. You left your warriors staring out a window with Lana and Theron and offered zero explanation and MAYBE YOU WENT OFF PLANET OR SOMETHING AND NO ONE KNOWS AND THIS IS A PROBLEM.

Remember, Aric goes off back to the swamp to help the Zakuul refugees learn warfare or back to Havoc squad depending on which option you chose. He does not stay by his wife's side the whole time but he still comes back into the story.

[ . . .]

My hope is that BW have someone secretly scanning this thread for ideas and to see just how much people really want Malavai to remain in the story (are you there Keith?). I hope they are taking note. It's not all about Lana...we've had to put up with her since Darth Arkous went nuts.

But... but... but... Doesn't Quinn want to be by his wife's side the whole time? :( There's a traitor lurking. The Warrior-loves need Hubby! to protect them and watch their backs and rub their backs and foot massages and other things.

Keith is probably giggling at us because he holds the power to make some things happen~

Uh, yeah. You left your warriors staring out a window with Lana and Theron and offered zero explanation and MAYBE YOU WENT OFF PLANET OR SOMETHING AND NO ONE KNOWS AND THIS IS A PROBLEM.

"WHO would ASK such a stupid question!? CLEARLY, there is a problem here!!"

Okay, so Baras is easy to hate...or he would be, if it wasn't for those fantastic lines his voice actor clearly had WAY too much fun recording. :D

Quinn: *turns to third holocomm* ...? I, er, uh, what, um... *gulp* Er...my lord? I...I have no memory of that event. At all. Our reunion, I do remember, but I thought I had blacked out momentarily from the sheer joy at seeing you again. I don't recall just walking away. *pause* ...I JUST WALKED AWAY!? FROM MY WIFE!? :eek:

It takes a lot to get Malavai Quinn freaked out. And when he does...oi vey.

Well, my warrior knows where her Quinn is... ;)

Show off :p

Keith is probably giggling at us because he holds the power to make some things happen~

That made me LOL - it's 2am here - I think I woke up the neighbours :D I'm imagining Keith-the-new-producer in black hooded robes the

thinking shall I or shan't I? Choose the light Keith! We need more Malavai!

Show off :p

That made me LOL - it's 2am here - I think I woke up the neighbours :D I'm imagining Keith-the-new-producer in black hooded robes the

thinking shall I or shan't I? Choose the light Keith! We need more Malavai!

I like the imagery of Keith in the robes, that amuses me. I hope he decides to choose to do more story and interaction with our lovely Malavai.

"WHO would ASK such a stupid question!? CLEARLY, there is a problem here!!"

Okay, so Baras is easy to hate...or he would be, if it wasn't for those fantastic lines his voice actor clearly had WAY too much fun recording. :D

Quinn: *turns to third holocomm* ...? I, er, uh, what, um... *gulp* Er...my lord? I...I have no memory of that event. At all. Our reunion, I do remember, but I thought I had blacked out momentarily from the sheer joy at seeing you again. I don't recall just walking away. *pause* ...I JUST WALKED AWAY!? FROM MY WIFE!? :eek:

It takes a lot to get Malavai Quinn freaked out. And when he does...oi vey.

Poor purple Quinn, I don't see him walking away from his lovely wife either. And my SW would have insisted he stay with us to discuss and do missions. Lana can stay back and guard the base with some droid or something. Theron and Malavai...would be with me. :D

And I do have to give props to Baras' voice actor, he really was superb and you know, if Baras hadn't betrayed me and screwed around with my love life, I'd have been content going about killing people for him. My Sith was doing exactly what she liked to do and then he had to be all like...'zomg, what if she comes for me next' and betray me...

And I do have to give props to Baras' voice actor, he really was superb and you know, if Baras hadn't betrayed me and screwed around with my love life, I'd have been content going about killing people for him. My Sith was doing exactly what she liked to do and then he had to be all like...'zomg, what if she comes for me next' and betray me...

The only thing is Luna it's painfully obvious even when you first meet Baras on Korriban he's going to end up stabbing you in the back. It's not if it's when :D But I agree his VA did a really good job especially if your warrior likes to poke and see what happens. :D Nat was disrespectful more often than not. :D She liked to annoy the tub of lard that way.

...And I do have to give props to Baras' voice actor, he really was superb...

Oh, I thought he was amazing and the writing was stellar as well. Each time I thought I had an opportunity for my Wrath to pop off at him, Baras had an even snarkier comeback. He's definitely one I would have loved to see stick around after the Class story (had he not tried to assassinate my character on multiple occasions, of course.)

Also, I might be mistaken, but I could swear Baras' voice actor also voiced one of the Dread Masters. I can't think of which one off the top of my head and it's been forever since I've run the Ops.

Also, I might be mistaken, but I could swear Baras' voice actor also voiced one of the Dread Masters. I can't think of which one off the top of my head and it's been forever since I've run the Ops.

Raptus? Tyrans has a ridiculously deep voice (as shown best in the Imperial opening of Oricon - "YOU HAVE COME TOO FAR" booming out of thin air). And Calphayus...doesn't sound like Baras, I thiiiiink...I've never done the Ops, only watched youtube videos. And the other two are women...

The only thing is Luna it's painfully obvious even when you first meet Baras on Korriban he's going to end up stabbing you in the back. It's not if it's when :D But I agree his VA did a really good job especially if your warrior likes to poke and see what happens. :D Nat was disrespectful more often than not. :D She liked to annoy the tub of lard that way.

Oh I realize that, but still, just saying, I didn't hate working for him. My SW was respectful for the most part, though she did pick away at him when it was irresistible to do so.

Oh, I thought he was amazing and the writing was stellar as well. Each time I thought I had an opportunity for my Wrath to pop off at him, Baras had an even snarkier comeback. He's definitely one I would have loved to see stick around after the Class story (had he not tried to assassinate my character on multiple occasions, of course.)

I did enjoy his comebacks. I'm not sure, I never did the ops just the storyline, but I did watch the vids on youtube, and I noticed that they swap the voices around for the male dread masters, like the first one on Belsavis where you release the masters, Raptus is played by the same VA as Vowrawn...later on he's been swapped out with another actor.

Here is the vid where Raptus is played by Vowrawn's VA he starts talking around 7:43...

In this one, Raptus sounds like Revan's VA and Calphayus sounds like Servant One.

In this one, Styrak sounds like Watcher 3's VA

Bestia, one of the females shares a voice with Darth Lachris's VA

Those are the ones I could pick out, I didn't hear anyone who sounded like Baras; it's a shame he would've been a good one to enlist.

Raptus? Tyrans has a ridiculously deep voice (as shown best in the Imperial opening of Oricon - "YOU HAVE COME TOO FAR" booming out of thin air). And Calphayus...doesn't sound like Baras, I thiiiiink...I've never done the Ops, only watched youtube videos. And the other two are women...

It's a hard call...after listening to the youtubes of the different dread masters it's evident to me that the VA's are swapped out in some cases, to whoever is available I guess. It's possible Baras might be one, but I didn't find him.

Edited by Lunafox

I did enjoy his comebacks. I'm not sure, I never did the ops just the storyline, but I did watch the vids on youtube, and I noticed that they swap the voices around for the male dread masters, like the first one on Belsavis where you release the masters, Raptus is played by the same VA as Vowrawn...later on he's been swapped out with another actor.

Here is the vid where Raptus is played by Vowrawn's VA he starts talking around 7:43...

In this one, Raptus sounds like Revan's VA and Calphayus sounds like Servant One.

In this one, Styrak sounds like Watcher 3's VA

Bestia, one of the females shares a voice with Darth Lachris's VA

Those are the ones I could pick out, I didn't hear anyone who sounded like Baras; it's a shame he would've been a good one to enlist.

Huh... weird. Raptus is Vowrawn, at least temporarily? Cool! I mistook that one for Baras's voice... gah, it's been far too long since I played the warrior's story. :( I didn't have the heart to go through it again during the exp. bonus event. I just...can't do another Quinn romance, even if it's a perfect clone of my first warrior. It just feels wrong. *dramatic sigh*

Quinn: *sigh of relief*

HEY!

Quinn: *cough* I, er, I mean... uh... that's...too bad, sir?

*nod nod* :(

Quinn: *facepalm*

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.