Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

Ugh... if Quinn starts calling my character, "Commander," instead of, "my lord," I'm going to roll my eyes right out of my head. I will miss the Quinn's pre-KOTFE Companion mechanics (face moves while talking, appears on ship, talks on planets, has a full name, etc.)

I'm starting to get kind of a bad feeling about the whole thing, it's probably because I want too much from it. Well never mind me, get excited, rabble rabble :o

Ugh... if Quinn starts calling my character, "Commander," instead of, "my lord," I'm going to roll my eyes right out of my head. I will miss the Quinn's pre-KOTFE Companion mechanics (face moves while talking, appears on ship, talks on planets, has a full name, etc.)

:( I didn't even think of this. If he calls my warrior commander instead of lord I'll be so sad.

Does Vette still call you lord?

:( I didn't even think of this. If he calls my warrior commander instead of lord I'll be so sad.

Post-kotfe Vette still says the "How's it going, my lord" line when summoned! That's good news, right?! If they cut all the "my lord" lines from Quinn's dialogue he wouldn't be left with much to say~

The other thing to check is if she says it on a non-warrior.

Well this is interesting, I summoned her about 15 times on my trooper and she never said the lord line, though once she actually didn't say anything at all. Hm

Edited by grania

Pierce still has all his unique lines for a Sith Warrior, calling them "my lord." I haven't checked on non-Warrior characters, though, what his lines are there.

Similarly, T7 has unique lines for the Jedi Knight, and generic lines for everyone else.

So...there's hope? :o

I think the devs prefer female characters because they think only men play.

We're talking about Bioware here, there is no way in hell they think only men play. Maybe with another company, but not Bioware. That is an asinine assumption.

Pierce still has all his unique lines for a Sith Warrior, calling them "my lord." I haven't checked on non-Warrior characters, though, what his lines are there.

Similarly, T7 has unique lines for the Jedi Knight, and generic lines for everyone else.

So...there's hope? :o

All good to know, thank you.

It's funny that being called "lord" used to irk me but now I'm so used to it I'd be sad if it went away :o

...On the bright side, I SOOOOO cannot wait until tomorrow. :D

Lol - I told my husband I should have had a t-shirt made with Quinn's face on it to wear today and tomorrow.

...Does Vette still call you lord?

I remember her calling you Commander at one point, but I don't remember exactly which chapter. It was enough to stand out and make me be like, "Vette. Please. Remember who the **** you're talking to."

:D

Edited by Edyn

I favor him for all those reasons too. And you know, you're right, SW has become a total vagfest. In the interest of trying to provide female protags and role models (which is good), they've gone a bit overboard. Some male leadership is nice to have too. There needs to be balance. As you say with all the female leadership/protagonists it's a bit too much. I think the devs prefer female characters because they think only men play. Wake up devs, you have A LOT of ladies playing and we want some eye candy too. :p

Nah; it's 'cause it's BioWare, so "DIVERSITY!!!1!@!!1!" And they go WAY the heck overboard as always.

Lol - I told my husband I should have had a t-shirt made with Quinn's face on it to wear today and tomorrow.

My husband suggested I put his picture on my desk :D Honestly though I'd at least wear a t shirt with the juggernaut symbol on it :)

Post-kotfe Vette still says the "How's it going, my lord" line when summoned! That's good news, right?! If they cut all the "my lord" lines from Quinn's dialogue he wouldn't be left with much to say~

The other thing to check is if she says it on a non-warrior.

Well this is interesting, I summoned her about 15 times on my trooper and she never said the lord line, though once she actually didn't say anything at all. Hm

Oh good. Bullet hopefully dodged.

Edit: reading the other responses yeah it looks pretty good for Quinn keeping his original lines. :)

Edited by Raynezazki

That reminds me of a Christmas present I got for a friend. Got her a pillow with Quinn's face on it. Pretty easy to order.

We're talking about Bioware here, there is no way in hell they think only men play. Maybe with another company, but not Bioware. That is an asinine assumption.

If you put in too many women, you're catering to men. If you put in too many men, you're forgetting about the women role models. Sometimes, you really can't win. :confused:

Personally, I love the total "vag fest" that's currently happening. Original game is a sausage fest, especially if you play as male. I don't know how many of the class's chapters would even pass the Bechdel test, not very many. The jedi knight's story does because of Satele, Kiwiiks and Kira. I'm having a hard time thinking of another story with more than one woman in the room at a time. "OMG there's 2 women talking right now IT'S A TOTAL VAG FEST". -_-

If you put in too many women, you're catering to men. If you put in too many men, you're forgetting about the women role models. Sometimes, you really can't win. :confused:

No matter which option, either side of the argument will assume your intentions.

Well, you're not the first and I suspect you won't be the last to call one of my opinions asinine and I don't care. *shrug*

People are going to disagree, that is the way of it. It often feels to me that Bioware caters to men, especially in the last two releases...They push Lana...HARD. I didn't want Lana to save me, and I didn't want to that much interaction with her either, but they did that because they presumed that more men play and as such would want to interact with her. They are sorely mistaken, I wanted to interact with Theron and judging by his fan thread, I'm not alone. They also assumed that Lana would be skulking around my bedroom in my headquarters. Why? I suppose if the player is male, it's all cool, cause they're assumed to be involved.

Not cool for me, I don't want anyone in my room skulking about unless it's Malavai, Theron, Vector or Scourge, tyvm.

I know that people aren't going to be happy if it goes one way or the other, that's why there needs to be more of a balance.

I read another article praising all the female heroines earlier and one poor guy said he wanted to see a male protagonist again soon and man, you should've seen all the militant feminists jump on him. I consider myself a feminist sort of person, but not at the entire exclusion of the opposite sex. Things have to be fair and that goes both ways.

If Bioware started having Theron on the scene more and doing more rescues and missions with the player than I'd say it's fair. I'm just sick to death of Lana. Oh and what makes Kaliyo so darn special that she got so much attention in her recruitment chapter? She gets one all to herself and other more awesome characters have to share? Yep, I'm tired of the devs pushing their favorites. Even in the latest they were pushing Elara more than Quinn.

Edited by Lunafox

If you put in too many women, you're catering to men...

Ironically, the feeling I get is that there's so many female leaders because it's either a mere coincidence or there's a mysterious female playerbase out there that somehow got butthurt that a video game didn't have enough female fictional leaders. I say the latter because this current female leadership doesn't seem to be driven by what I would consider to be the stereotypical male audience, as of all the characters I previously mentioned in my post, none are blatantly sexualized and none are even romancable.

Well, you're not the first and I suspect you won't be the last to call one of my opinions asinine and I don't care. *shrug*

I don't care if it affects you or not, I care about it making sense so I don't gain a permanent twitch in my eyebrow when I'm trying to understand your logic.

People are going to disagree, that is the way of it. It often feels to me that Bioware caters to men, especially in the last two releases...They push Lana...HARD.

And you think they push Lana for the men, because...? Hell, you mentioning the slew of female protagonists in recent Star Wars movies present the more logical option as to why.

I didn't want Lana to save me, and I didn't want to that much interaction with her either, but they did that because they presumed that more men play and as such would want to interact with her.

Throw me a rope, one logical thread as to how you came to this conclusion.

They are sorely mistaken, I wanted to interact with Theron and judging by his fan thread, I'm not alone

So, you're making your assumption even more unlikely?

They also assumed that Lana would be skulking around my bedroom in my headquarters.

[Citation Needed]

Why? I suppose if the player is male, it's all cool, cause they're assumed to be involved.

This is why I keep breaking my keyboard...

I read another article praising all the female heroines earlier and one poor guy said he wanted to see a male protagonist again soon and man, you should've seen all the militant feminists jump on him. I consider myself a feminist sort of person, but not at the entire exclusion of the opposite sex. Things have to be fair and that goes both ways.

You say this, yet your previous assumption reeks of that particular thread feminism. "In some way, this is catering to a straight male..."

If Bioware started having Theron on the scene more and doing more rescues and missions with the player than I'd say it's fair. I'm just sick to death of Lana.

The help are you talking about!? Theron has arguably been shoved down our throats just as much as Lana, but has just had a better reception. He's always the one that accompanies you 90% of the time, he gets more screen time, he's more involved with the plot. He and Lana are equally pushed.

Oh and what makes Kaliyo so darn special that she got so much attention in her recruitment chapter? She gets one all to herself and other more awesome characters have to share? Yep, I'm tired of the devs pushing their favorites. Even in the latest they were pushing Elara more than Quinn.

And why is Jorgan so damn special? Or are you ignoring that he got a whole chapter to himself as well to suit your very cherry picked argument? And how Gault got a pretty damn good bit of dedication in his and Vette's chapter considering that he isn't a love interest.

Ironically, the feeling I get is that there's so many female leaders because it's either a mere coincidence or there's a mysterious female playerbase out there that somehow got butthurt that a video game didn't have enough female fictional leaders.

Well, Cross does type pretty loudly...

The reason there's so many female leaders is most likely a coincidence. Why? Because it's Bioware, when they to appease people of that type, they'd make it much more of a big deal. They'd have characters making it much more obvious. Though I suppose that's most writers when they write characters like that for that motivation.

Edited by Codedrago

Ironically, the feeling I get is that there's so many female leaders because it's either a mere coincidence or there's a mysterious female playerbase out there that somehow got butthurt that a video game didn't have enough female fictional leaders. I say the latter because this current female leadership doesn't seem to be driven by what I would consider to be the stereotypical male audience, as of all the characters I previously mentioned in my post, none are blatantly sexualized and none are even romancable.

Most of the people in charge have been around since the game started, it was just the abundance of men that got killed off with KotFE/ET. None of them are new characters except Vaylin and Senya - and they were balanced by Arcann and Valkorion - so it's really just a "coincidence" at this point, thought I wont downplay the writers' conscious decisions to include women in the story.

I think the current state of the galaxy is pretty balanced, tbh. You've got Malcom, Theron, Arcann, Vowrawn, vs Satele, Lana, Shae, Senya, and Acina as major players. Though I guess we could argue about Vowrawn since cool papaw is always missing from cut scenes. Normally, it's all men with 1 or 2 women hanging out. It really ..rubbed... me the wrong way that it's now a "vag fest" because the current leaders actually reflect the general population of more than half women. :(