Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

Ah, but we know how to deal with Quinn haters!

Quinn: Nuclear warheads?

SNARK.

Quinn: ...that does not reassure me.

Nuclear warheads of snark?

Quinn: They'll call you insane.

That's the purpose of a fangirl army, Captain/whatever rank you are in 5.2. To be SO insane, nobody dares question it! The closer we are to insanity, the farther we are from criticism!

Quinn: That...didn't make any sense...

...give me a break, I'm falling asleep on my feet here. :p I also formally apologize to Pippin from Lord of the Rings for stealing/butchering his quote.

I think it needs a face palm in there to be a bit more in character, but otherwise love it :)

I've been sorting out screenshots and noticed that during conversations, when Quinn just stands beside you with a pokerface, he sometimes looks like as if he was bored and daydreaming. For example:

http://i.imgur.com/d8IBi0A.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/XjjCjEj.jpg

That face he's making...like he's thinking: 'I wonder what's for dinner tonight?' XD

Edited by Dylinrae

Quinn: I don't do that that often.

Oh, yes you do. You facepalmed when the warrior started teasing you WITH YOUR OWN MARRIAGE PROPOSAL.

Quinn: *facepalm* That was more a gesture of--

You did it agaaaaaaaaain!

Quinn: *rigidly going into the Imperial salute to keep both hands at his sides* :mad:

*Grin* Perfect. I approve lol.

Yes, I saw that on Twitter and Facebook and he is as swoon worthy as ever, I like his new uniform. Can't wait for the real reunion with my SW(s). I think I have four.

I just wish they would have allowed him to speak in the snippet we got. :(

Edited by MishaCantu

New clip up on twitter. Nothing spoilery really. He doesn't even speak. It's from the Knight's perspective (of course) so they don't know him.

Omg! :mad: I just saw that. How dare they tease us that way, for him not to even say a word? Of course they let freaking Elara speak. Grr. I hate how they always cater to the male players in this game. Never throw us a bone, ever. :mad::(

Edited by Lunafox

New clip up on twitter. Nothing spoilery really. He doesn't even speak. It's from the Knight's perspective (of course) so they don't know him.

WTH I wanted to hear Quinn's voice. I swear they're doing this on purpose. /bounces off walls

Was that Elara's same old voice? It sounded a little.. I don't know, girlier than I remember.

Edited by grania

I have just watched it too. I'm so happy to see him, but at the same time, I'm worried about him.

I wish we could protect him from all the hate, though. :( My Warrior would be definitely willing to kill half of the galaxy in order to protect him.

It was already shocking for me to see old companions die, even if I didn't like some of them. It's just feels REALLY wrong, I hate it a lot. :(:mad:

>_<

Well, if they're releasing little clips - there was another one featuring Theron and the Outlander (they hadn't even gotten to Iokath yet so of course Quinn and/or Dorne was nowhere in sight) - then perhaps eventually they'll release one with Quinn in it...?

...correction: with Quinn speaking in it. So we can all know if he's kept his original voice actor or not. (Edit: Also, could someone post a link here? :o I don't have twitter...or a bird to write with... [sorry, just saw Moana last night. XD)

Starting to worry. :eek:

Quinn: Why in the worlds would I have a different voice?

Because your voice actor is different?

Quinn: ...voice actor.

Yes.

Quinn: This is another "meta" thing.

Yes.

Quinn: That I logically should not know about because I am, as you say, a collection of pixels.

A collection of handsome pixels.

Quinn: *resisting the urge to facepalm so hard he's twitching*

Edited by Jagaimee

Omg! :mad: I just saw that. How dare they tease us that way, for him not to even say a word? Of course they let freaking Elara speak. Grr. I hate how they always cater to the male players in this game. Never through us a bone, ever. :mad::(

Bah, more than likely catering to the Quinn haters as well as the male player base. I so wanted to hear just a little of that voice, just something to tide us over. :(

WTH I wanted to hear Quinn's voice. I swear they're doing this on purpose. /bounces off walls

Was that Elara's same old voice? It sounded a little.. I don't know, girlier than I remember.

She does sound different - I wouldn't say girly per se...less authoritative/forceful though? That's not exactly unusual though and probably due to the recording - characters (even class characters) have had slightly different-sounding voices off and on for awhile.

The idea that having Elara speak is pandering to male gamers is pretty silly though. Unless you think any Quinn content they provide is nothing more than pandering to his fans/women?

Edited by RarePorcupine

She does sound different. That's not exactly unusual though and probably due to the recording - characters (even class characters) have had slightly different-sounding voices off and on for awhile.

It's her voice. The voice actors speak totally different in real life than in the game. I have managed to find interviews with some of the actors, and they sounded different. Especially the Agent.

And yes, they sometimes seem to forget their cool voice in the game, and they don't always speak the same way. :)

Edited by Dylinrae

Never through us a bone, ever

Nope never, not even to confirm it's the same actor. They seem really unwilling to answer anything about it or even just acknowledgee the huge interest Quinn's return drummed up.

Edited by grania

It's her voice. The voice actors speak totally different in real life than in the game. I have managed to find interviews with some of the actors, and they sounded different. Especially the Agent.

And yes, they sometimes seem to forget their cool voice in the game, and they don't always speak the same way. :)

Even Quinn sounded a little different on Makeb, lower pitched if I recall correctly, but it was certainly him.

Nope never, not even to confirm it's the same actor. They seem really unwilling to answer anything about it or even just acknowledgee the huge interest Quinn's return drummed up.

I think they don't like the fact Quinn has many fans and not everyone hates him. Too bad for them. :p

I think they don't like the fact Quinn has many fans and not everyone hates him. Too bad for them. :p

I'm suspicious it's because the trooper writer is still there and the warrior writer is gone. And since they don't talk to us then I'm just going to go ahead and keep thinking this.

And btw if the reunion is sucky I'm leaving :p If it's good, I won't cancel my sub til the game shuts down.

Edited by grania

Even Quinn sounded a little different on Makeb, lower pitched if I recall correctly, but it was certainly him.

Don't know, he always sounds the same to me. :) He did an excellent job, that is sure. :D

I'm suspicious it's because the trooper writer is still there and the warrior writer is gone. And since they don't talk to us then I'm just going to go ahead and keep thinking this.

And btw if the reunion is sucky I'm leaving :p If it's good, I won't cancel my sub til the game shuts down.

The Warrior writer is also gone? :eek: Oh, no. :( Unfortunately, a lot of employees were laid off back in 2012, when the game was not as successful as it was expected to be (at least that was in the articles on the net), and that was when things started to go downfall, I think...

...ah.

So. Uh. We can't talk about spoilery stuff because that is against the rules. Yes. Got it. >_< I am very annoyed.

You can discuss spoilers, it's just polite to tag them. Can't discuss 'mined' stuff, that's bad. I can't give my opinion because it would all come up in "***** that ******* **** of a ******* Elara Dorne and **** her ******* ***** *** voice and attitude." ;)

No offense to those who enjoy Elara btw, she's just one of my least favorite people.

Edited by JennyFlynn

I was about to suggest that we ask Richard Teverson himself about our dilemma LOL. XD If he has a public email address or something. But he is probably not allowed to say anything, so we don't want to get him into trouble. :o Edited by Dylinrae

The idea that having Elara speak is pandering to male gamers is pretty silly though. Unless you think any Quinn content they provide is nothing more than pandering to his fans/women?

I agree, it isn't pandering to men. Quinn is definitely the most anticipated, female or male gamer, regardless of what you plan on doing to him. Some people are REALLY itching to kill him. Poor Elara doesn't stand a chance in terms of popularity. I wouldn't reveal ANY word of dialog with Quinn if I were them, even with the Knight.