That's it.

NogueiraA

The point is to send a message to Bioware/EA by taking the money away, so they make changes. The point is NOT to burn the game to the ground.

People can also emphasis that point by also PMing Eric and Tait to inform them they are unsubbing and for what reason.

Eric and Tait probably don't see or even have access to how many are unsubbing or are even told by management.

But if everyone who unsubs were to PM both the community managers, they will get a feel for what is happening and realise it's not just people venting and saying they are unsubbing, they will see people mean it.

They can then pass on to the Devs like Ben how many of those msgs they are getting.

I unsubbed yesterday and personally msgd bother of them to tell them I've unsubbed and the reasons why.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

You were saying that to players last year, the year before that as well. Game's still here. Ever get tied of been wrong all the time?

2 years ago, we had 200+ players on the fleet during prime time. Today its barely 60.

I'm currently in the silent treatment portion of an argument with the girlfriend over this. I tried to explain the current state of the game to her and why lots of people are so upset, and her reply was "it's just a game, if you don't like it, quit." I couldn't find any other way to explain it to her better than this: "I love you, but if suddenly today you decide to be a vegan and that *I* have to eat vegan too, we're gonna have a problem. By your rationale I should just throw away all the time we've put in together and just find a new girlfriend?"

Upshot is I now have the living room and TV to myself for the evening :o

Coming from a woman's point of view, to her the game is not worth seeing you upset so her solution was to say to quit. She rather (if she is like me with my boyfriend) see you happy instead of upset.

Tux,

I respect your opinion but there comes a time when you have said all you have can say and it's time to take a break but even when I left I never said everyone was leaving or that someone would be playing by themselves. I spoke only for myself, unlike some people on the forums lately. They have told people that they will be playing alone and they have no way of knowing that.

Sure some of the people they know may be leaving but that doesn't mean everyone is. There are some people that are still actually enjoying playing.

I took a much needed break as things were starting to bother me and I found myself more angry at things than I should have been. I needed to remind myself this was a game and not something that was that important in the scheme of things and needed to learn to look at things objectively again.

I understand that people don't like the RNG, I don't either, but I found ways to work around it, not perfect but acceptable for now for me.

When you find yourself too angry then it's time to look at things objectively and maybe pull back and find some things to do besides coming to the forums. Once you have said your piece is there any reason to continue with your posts if all you are going to do is yell and scream.

A professor once told me if you can't get your point across, respectfully and objectively, you will not get your point across by yelling and being rude either. If they are like me, once you start attacking and being rude I tune you out. You want to talk to me then talk to me objectively and give me ways to fix something not just "RNG stinks." That doesn't help the situation.

I post on the forum for Eric to see some suggestion that might can make the command crates better. Most of the posts I have seen only say RNG is horrible, do away with it, very very few have actually given a suggestion on how to work with the system to make it better.

<3 +1

SWTOR universe doesn't revolve around you, so if you decide to quit, doesn't mean it's the end of the game. Some people like me still enjoy playing it. :D

I took a break couple of years ago when I saw that it looked like they were not planning to create any SGRA for the existing companions, I even settled for new companions, as long as my male toon can romance with new male companions. I remember I felt really upset but what I did was... I just left. I didn't tell everyone the game would be dying if I left cause it didn't and doesn't revolve around what I wanted and needed. Some people have different needs and vision about how this game should be developed and it's impossible for BW to cater to everyone, at least, simultaneously. :o

A few years later, I heard that I could romance Theron with my male toons and I finally got back to this game. I never thought that they eventually actualized what I wanted back then so I can give them that, they being silent doesn't mean they aren't listening/reading what you've been complaining. Maybe it'll take a very long time to plan and execute it.

#Positivethinking :rak_03:

You were saying that to players last year, the year before that as well. Game's still here. Ever get tied of been wrong all the time?

There is a difference game being here and being healthy. Do yourself a favor and ask why did Bioware even bother to create ops after 2 years of silence about that? Thats right because a lot have left the game and they cant afford any longer loosing last core players who still have been around after so many dissapointments.

Never judge book by the cover but actually look whats insde there....

I post on the forum for Eric to see some suggestion that might can make the command crates better. Most of the posts I have seen only say RNG is horrible, do away with it, very very few have actually given a suggestion on how to work with the system to make it better.

Thats how you see things but not as a lot others. People are upset about this RNG in first place. Now after forcing us to play that rng they ask us how to make it better? What about ditching that system and finding better solution that worked for players in 4.0?

This is a mindset you have accepted whatever Bioware comes up with while a lot paying customers dont like this system at all. Giving double cxp in coming few weeks doesnt solve the problem. Its still same system just has more CHANCE rolling dice by getting crates faster.

Edited by Divona

Thats how you see things but not as a lot others. People are upset about this RNG in first place. Now after forcing us to play that rng they ask us how to make it better? What about ditching that system and finding better solution that worked for players in 4.0?

This is a mindset you have accepted whatever Bioware comes up with while a lot paying customers dont like this system at all. Giving double cxp in coming few weeks doesnt solve the problem. Its still same system just has more CHANCE rolling dice by getting crates faster.

But 4.0 didn't work for most players. The game had record high subs at the beginning of 4.0 and quite possibly record low subs before the end of 4.x.

But 4.0 didn't work for most players. The game had record high subs at the beginning of 4.0 and quite possibly record low subs before the end of 4.x.

Its even worse now. Problem started long before 4.0. Back then endgame content while gearing was quite easy and ALT FRIENDLY. Its much much worse now even some soloers like that rng system they didnt need new gear in first place as they didnt do ospes or hard mode at all anyway.

Edited by Divona

You're conflating 4.x's gearing with why people left. People left because their content niches were being neglected.

The fundamental problem is that too many people, including the devs who should know better, assume that gear is what motivates people. It's not. Like Dr. Demming said about salary, if you feel you're not being fairly compensated that's a demotivator.

Even if 4.x's system was the problem the system we got in 5.0/5.1 feels extremely unfair to many people due to the grind and the RNG. 5.1's bolster change was another unforced error made by people who clearly don't understand what people want out of PvP.

You're conflating 4.x's gearing with why people left. People left because their content niches were being neglected.

Thats your opinion. I was watching podcasts and other social media not only forums including ingame swell. 4.0 was at least alt friendly so that kept players quite happy. But overall no new bigger content released if we take those odd FP's or remove story content. Now they are desperate to do anything just to keep subs. That is making ops boss one by one just to show SOMETHING.

Edited by Divona

Honestly can you rage and yell at them and force them to change? No, you can't. I pretty well know BW by now, after being here since before launch, and knowing their track record. They are not going to do away with the command crates so the best solution is come up with an idea that can improve the command crates objectively without saying Ditch it. They not going to. Find solutions to work with the system in place that can make it better.

In my suggestion I suggested they could add a vendor where you could exchange something you already had for a item you don't have and even had suggestion on how to work it for higher gear. I never once told them to ditch it. I came up with a suggestion to work with it.

I already know they are not going to ditch the system so finding ways to make it better is a better avenue than going on the forums telling them to ditch something that I already know they are not going to.

The fundamental problem is that too many people, including the devs who should know better, assume that gear is what motivates people. It's not. Like Dr. Demming said about salary, if you feel you're not being fairly compensated that's a demotivator.

Even if 4.x's system was the problem the system we got in 5.0/5.1 feels extremely unfair to many people due to the grind and the RNG. 5.1's bolster change was another unforced error made by people who clearly don't understand what people want out of PvP.

You are actually right, it is not gear that makes people leave. I left for a few months during 4.0, during the summer as most of the content was soloable (not that is bad), but there was very little that I could do with my boyfriend and when he plays I want to do things with him. We don't have all the time to do operations. Then they came out with 5.0 and even though the chapters you are repeating you can finally invite someone to come and play with the one you are doing without having a problem of having to log out and relog when finished and then there is the uprising, yes it is short but that works with our time frame and some can be done with just the two of us.

Ok unsub, I understand you.

But once your inner star wars fanboy itches you'll be back.

They all come back.

See, here is one of the great things about EA having the Star Wars IP. They have quite a few Star Wars games coming out over the next three years. SWTOR isn't the only way to get a Star Wars fix.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.