So we're getting a new operation....but you're unlocking each boss during the year?

DarthWoad

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"One operation building up over the course of a year"?

So just like KOTFE but operation?

It's not like the first boss will drop on day 1 and then the last boss will finally drop on day 365. The first is coming soon to the pts (2 weeks), then live (6-8 weeks) and then the cadence of the rest will follow (personally, I would expect to see one a month at least). That is only my guess though, based on their info.

It's called damage control. Anything to try to keep subs but not have to fix the gearing that has made most of us leave. Talk about refusing to listen. *sigh* No reason to stay subbed. maybe come back for a month next year and try to Op SM, maybe not.

In past

ToS + ravagers

Now

1 ops with 1 boss

+1 new boss every few weeks/months, last boss added in end of 2017 = one new ops this year.

Keep subbing like with 1 new Chapter per month?

60~ days of sub left, good bye.

Edited by tummiswtor

It's called damage control. Anything to try to keep subs but not have to fix the gearing that has made most of us leave. Talk about refusing to listen. *sigh* No reason to stay subbed. maybe come back for a month next year and try to Op SM, maybe not.

Imagine if we had the ability to pause our subs and return when what they promise manifests into the game. I have a hunch we are now looking at summer for this operation to be workable.

They're saying the first boss is coming out in March/April (so probably April at the earliest) and that they hope to get the rest of the bosses out "before the end of the year".

...really, EAWare? REALLY? This episodic piecemeal crap didn't work with your first solo play expansion, why do you think it will work with operations? Why rush to finish the first boss when the next one won't be coming for months? Why shouldn't all raiders just unsub until the full ops comes out and then work on it then? Especially when we all know how every new piece of content that drops is riddled with glitches and bugs; best to wait for them all to be sorted out anyways!

The fact you don't even have ONE ops boss done yet signals to me you guys weren't even working on or even thinking about ops until the huge backlash against 5.0 and RNG gearing. You guys originally promised the raider community they'd never go a year without ops again; now it's been two and a half. In the past ops would drop in a complete state, sometimes even two at a time! Giving us one rushed out boss with the next one coming "soon, we promise" is too little, too late.

Edited by AscendingSky

This time though it's not ONLY Operation content but daily and story as well.

Balanced content which in my eyes is the best direction.

QFT. We can't expect them to fix everything content wise in one hit but some people I think had their minds made up to complain regardless.

They're saying the first boss is coming out in March/April (so probably April at the earliest) and that they hope to get the rest of the bosses out "before the end of the year".

...really, EAWare? REALLY? This episodic piecemeal crap didn't work with your first solo play expansion, why do you think it will work with operations? Why rush to finish the first boss when the next one won't be coming for months?Why shouldn't all raiders just unsub until the full ops comes out and then work on it then?

The fact you don't even have ONE ops boss done yet signals to me you guys weren't even working on or even thinking about ops until the huge backlash against 5.0 and RNG gearing. You guys originally promised the raider community they'd never go a year without ops again; now it's been two and a half. In the past ops would drop in a complete state, sometimes even two at a time! Giving us one rushed out boss with the next one coming "soon, we promise" is too little, too late.

Do you really have to complain so much without thinking it through first?

They clearly realized they had erred in neglecting operation style content but don't have the means to just whip an operation out in a few months. So they figure this style of mini operations is a good compromise to getting content to us quicker than having us wait all bloody year just for an operation or 2.

Unless you have some magic coding machine that just whips out operations at the whim of the community I suggest you put more thought into the entire process before going off on a rant like this.

Oh no, I'm off by a few months... it's still over two years, which is well beyond what they promised us would NEVER happen again after Ravagers and ToS dropped.

Two complete ops dropping at the same time after a year of waiting! Madness! /sarcasm

Edited by CommunityDroidEU

Do you really have to complain so much without thinking it through first?

They clearly realized they had erred in neglecting operation style content but don't have the means to just whip an operation out in a few months. So they figure this style of mini operations is a good compromise to getting content to us quicker than having us wait all bloody year just for an operation or 2.

Unless you have some magic coding machine that just whips out operations at the whim of the community I suggest you put more thought into the entire process before going off on a rant like this.

How did it take them over two years to realize they'd screwed up in not offering ops content? Why did they instead waste their time putting out 10 different Uprisings no one asked for instead of one single operation that a segment of the playerbase has been begging for?

People have been clamoring for them to live up to their promise of not making us go a year or more without any new ops for over a year! They've had over two years to do SOMETHING, and they've been giving us hints that they were totally working on ops right now, you guys, we swear, for those entire two years. So they were lying when they made that promise, and they were lying when they kept telling us there was something in the works for those two years.

Edited by AscendingSky

QFT. We can't expect them to fix everything content wise in one hit but some people I think had their minds made up to complain regardless.

+

indeed, you can tell from the tone of the chat in the stream from some people that they'll never be happy - expectations are utterly unrealistic. Computers are simply magic ain't they... its all instant and everything.

This is confirmation that opses were not in works for many years and since community demanded now ops they started recently something just to show that they are working on it :D

Dont expect all 5 ops bosses this year they kinda hinted that way. First boss will come early april and STORY mode only. Then next boss will probably come around june which can also be story mode only while first boss will get veteran mode.

Well if you want to wait and keep paying monthly to wait each boss as far 2018 until they have done ALL bosses be my guest :)

If you defeate and most will do on day one as its story mode i bet people will get bored again fast....

Edited by Divona

I think they didn't want to say soon or later on this year. I think thry thought operation lovers would appreciate getting it as they work on it. I'm ok with that. I think since they focus on a wide range like story and ops that it takes longer to develop. And don't tell me they shouldn't do story. I'm here for that. We all enjoy different things

This is confirmation that opses were not in works for many years and since community demanded now ops they started recently something just to show that theyare working on it :D

Dont expect all 5 ops bosses this year they kinda hinted that way. First boss will come early april and STORY mode only. Then next boss will probably around june which can also be story mode only while first boss will get veteran mode.

Well if you want to wait and keep paying monthly to wait each boss as far is 2018 until they have done ALL bosses be my guest :)

If you defeate and most will do on day one as its story mode i bet peope lwill get bored again fast....

WRONG. DID YOU NOT LISTEN?

They said SM AND VETERAN. Master mode will come after the next boss is released. We will get them BEFORE the end of the year. Clean out your ears, man

Edited by americanaussie

"One operation building up over the course of a year"?

So just like KOTFE but operation?

Why is that people take news and misconstrue it into some negative thing. They are releasing them like that, so that we can have them faster. They are not all completely designed and OP bosses take a while to design. The alternative was waiting till the end of the year to release the new OP. Even though 1 at a time is not optimal, it speeds up how long we have to wait to get into it. It is a good thing, especially if it is a very good fight.

My speculation is that: If they are ultra hard anyway, most people will not have the first boss downed before the next one comes out. They said story has master difficulty mechanics and each subsequent boss that is released will also be when they unlock the master difficulty of the previous one.

Edited by IstariZen

This is confirmation that opses were not in works for many years and since community demanded now ops they started recently something just to show that they are working on it :D

Dont expect all 5 ops bosses this year they kinda hinted that way. First boss will come early april and STORY mode only. Then next boss will probably around june which can also be story mode only while first boss will get veteran mode.

Well if you want to wait and keep paying monthly to wait each boss as far is 2018 until they have done ALL bosses be my guest :)

If you defeate and most will do on day one as its story mode i bet peope lwill get bored again fast....

Exactly. You can run storymode ops in last year's PvP gear and down it easily, because of bolster. So people will rush into the ops when the server opens, get it down in an hour (if that)... and then get to wait who knows how many months for the next installment.

As I said, EAWare admitted the piecemeal content drop didn't work for their first single-player-centric expansion, because this is the era of Netflix and binge watchers. Why do they think it's a good idea for an operation?

Edited by AscendingSky

WRONG. DID YOU NOT LISTEN?

They said SM AND VETERAN. Master mode will come after the next boss is released. We will get them BEFORE the end of the year. Clean out your ears, man

Dream on. I can bet now that they wont get all bosses done this year mark my words. its not first time this happened. I give credit they at least try now after SO many years of silence. But its clear indication things are bad and they have no other choice now.

Edited by Divona

Oh no, I'm off by a few months... it's still over two years, which is well beyond what they promised us would NEVER happen again after Ravagers and ToS dropped.

Two complete ops dropping at the same time after a year of waiting! Madness! /sarcasm

Kinda negates your post though.. if you want to be listened to... be accurate, not like the information isn't right there, in front of you.

Edited by CommunityDroidEU

Dream on. I can bet now that they wont get all bosses done this year mark my words. its not first time this happened. I give credit they at least try now after SO many years of silence. But its clear indication things are bad and they have no other choice now.

Given their history of delays, I predict the first boss will drop April, and then we won't see the next one until August at the absolute earliest.

A little perspective is needed to be honest in regards to the one boss at a time release.

It's very likely (or maybe the hope is since the guy who created one of the hardest fights in game in Revan) that one boss can very easily take a month to beat. Look back and ask yourselves how long it took your teams to beat full operations. Obviously some will say one raid night, others will say multiple months.

For me: It took a month to kill nim Tanks in EC in 4.0. It took us over a month to down Terror nim. It took us a few weeks to nail down Brontes nim to get to final burn. Revan took a while, and we still haven't cleared Monolith (of course I think if we had a team running dedicated to beating monolith we'd beat it...but we didn't beat monolith the first night or the second night, or the third night. We got to 9 percent the second week of raiding it and someone stepped int he wrong color).

The boss could VERY easily last until the next boss is dropped for many groups that raid.

Also thanks bioware. You do get my subscription back. I was looking for news of a new operations (checked), a new daily area with reputation grind since I like that stuff (check), one of my favorite female love interests coming back (semi check? I still hate how companions are handled but I'm willing to give it a shot to see if they handle her any better). And, the promise that they are going to continue to tweak galactic command (check).

So thanks Bioware. I shall resub.

Edited by Shwarzchild

Kinda negates your post though.. if you want to be listened to... be accurate, not like the information isn't right there, in front of you.

It's still been over two years, and being off by a few months means my entire post is negated? That's the funniest thing I've heard all day. How desperate are you to stake out your white knight astroturf, kid?

Since you fail in reading comprehension, please recognize that EAWare promised we'd never go one year without ops again. It's now been over two. They told us and hinted at they were working on ops in the background for that whole period of time. So they lied when they made their promise, and they lied when they said they were working on ops for two years.

Edited by AscendingSky

That's not really true there. They also talked about further changes to the gearing that would happen before 5.2 even. Also 5.1 surprised me in a positive way because what they did (but didn't tell us) is that bosses that do drop loot during raid drop 2 pieces of gear instead of 1. On average that gives a raid group 4-6 pieces of gear in an ops just not with the same reliability of which pieces will drop on earlier bosses. It's not perfect but it really is an improvement, especially because you can send the mods from this gear to alts. That's very significant.

Also the implants/ear/relics drop from the end bosses reliably in EV and KP. That is significant because these are pieces that alts will still have to go get themselves but they are in the easiest ops so that also helps gearing alts, plus the crafting of such items is in full swing. I have to say that with 5.1 a good step forward was made although I didn't expect it to be these and making CXP go twice as fast as they are suggesting now will also help.

It could have been avoided entirely but 5.1 is definitely better than 5.0 if you like to raid. Now they just need to adjust the cost for PvP acquisition of gear but they are going to do something there too they said. I do see that as a positive direction.

Edited by Tsillah

How did it take them over two years to realize they'd screwed up in not offering ops content?

Because up until the seconf half of last year KoTFE was considered a success and development would have already been going into KotET by then. They tried other things like DvL and realised it failed - development on the operations thus started in earnest once they realised this is what was needed and a cycle more like 2.0 which is what we are getting ( albeit reduced due to no doubt reduced resources ).

Why did they instead waste their time putting out 10 different Uprisings no one asked for instead of one single operation that a segment of the playerbase has been begging for?

Because they wanted to try something new? Uprisings in themselves aren't so bad, they are quite good really. It's on their won they fall over because it's so easy to finish and consume them.

Now combining uprisings with 5.2 - that's a pretty good formula imo.

People have been clamoring for them to live up to their promise of not making us go a year or more without any new ops for over a year! They've had over two years to do SOMETHING, and they've been giving us hints that they were totally working on ops right now, you guys, we swear, for those entire two years. So they were lying when they made that promise, and they were lying when they kept telling us there was something in the works for those two years.

Eric made a side comment, he does that from time to time and yes perhaps he should and maybe was held to account over making that comment but we shouldn't think comments he make as being definitive. He does official news and he sometimes makes comments, that was a comment.

No promise I recall was ever made.

Anyway point is we are getting operations again and possibly in a better form for the majority than having a 2 hour 5 boss operation. That's up to each individual to decide for themselves, I personally with my casual time availability lov this idea.

That's assuming it's more akin to operation with a story and some trash as opposed to just a world boss we go and beat up.

They indicated it's more the former than the later.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.