Returning player with noob question: what happened to pvp set gears?

lazylrx

I just restarted the game and I'm completely lost on how to acquire pvp set pieces.

I understand that technically there are no more "PVP" gears but I see nowhere to acquire some of the sets mentioned in class pvp startegy guide I found online that are posted recently.

I tried searching but couldn't find any answers.

Thanks in advance for the help!

I just restarted the game and I'm completely lost on how to acquire pvp set pieces.

I understand that technically there are no more "PVP" gears but I see nowhere to acquire some of the sets mentioned in class pvp startegy guide I found online that are posted recently.

I tried searching but couldn't find any answers.

Thanks in advance for the help!

At level 70, galactic command XP is unlocked! It's a new, fun, exciting system of gearing that relies solely on RNG and maxes out at lvl 300! If you level purely via PVP it will probably take you about 1100 wins or so to max GC lvls!

Loot can be companion gifts, random gears for any class, crafting mats, crafting schematics, and ultra rarely a piece of purple armor for your gear set!

NO longer are the days when you can accrue wz comms on your main to then use for gears for an alt! No longer do you get wz comms to buy adrenals or heal packs! Nope!

The gearing system has been further upgraded for fun by introducing unassembled parts and a token system that allows you to buy I have no clue what!

I have not logged in since 5.1 was introduced, so someone else who is enjoying the fun of gearing since 5.1 will have to fill you in on how you gear outside of the RNG boxes that I was familiar with!

I have read that ops grant you a better chance of gearing than PVP, in fact PVP is now the least efficient way to gear up for PVP! It's awesome!

:rolleyes:

I have done 2 SM ops and have gotten more gear that way than running 50+ reg matches and 15 solo ranked.

I progress slower doing pvp, to gear for pvp.

10/10. Best game.

Rofl awesome. Makes perfect sense, if we were in Bizarro land.

Edited by Lhancelot

Nightmare mode. Highest ops boss difficulty.

Not many people left that can reliably tackle it without spending half a night or more at wiping.

So basically raid... Man I hate raiding...

On another note, I have about 20 mil saved up on my account. Is it worth it to get mods from auction house? What would be the fastest progression path with that amount of credits?

Thanks!

On another note, I have about 20 mil saved up on my account. Is it worth it to get mods from auction house? What would be the fastest progression path with that amount of credits?

Thanks!

Unless you plan on getting 230s that way gearing up through the GTN will be retardely expensive.

Unless you plan on getting 230s that way gearing up through the GTN will be retardely expensive.

100M isn't very retarded anymore for a lot of people actually.

If I had more than 150M, I'd already have decked my Shadow/Sin in 240's completely (minus set).

Edited by Evolixe

Thanks!

Sorry I was being sarcastic. Though sadly raiding is now the best way to gear for PvP.

The economy has changed quite a bit. 20 mil is not a lot of cash at this point in time. Though you could buy 228 gear with that comfortably. Arm/Mod/Enhance run about 70-100k per piece and relics/implants etc run about 100K. You can gear up for around 3mil. Augments and Augment Kits run another ~100k a piece so for a total of ~6mil you can be fully augmented in 228. 230 gear runs about triple. 240 gear will run 100mil+ currently.

That be said, I'd level to 70 and just grind out some GC boxes as green 228 and blue 230 items drop consistently. The purple "set" gear is rare so you will be behind other that have been grinding since 5.0 dropped.

5.1 is not new or returning player friendly (or alt friendly) at all. Good luck and welcome back.

Edited by Kawiki

100M isn't very retarded anymore for a lot of people actually.

If I had more than 150M, I'd already have decked my Shadow/Sin in 240's completely (minus set).

I dont craft or do much pve before this patch.

Most Ive had has been 15M.

I dont craft or do much pve before this patch.

Most Ive had has been 15M.

Even so, just selling the Void Matter Catalysts and the Refined Isotope Stabilizer stuff that you get from daily / weekly crates will net you quite a bit over time. You get around 2m every time you get a VMC. If you play enough alts and just do the dailies, you'll get quite the stash of VMCs after a while.

Even so, just selling the Void Matter Catalysts and the Refined Isotope Stabilizer stuff that you get from daily / weekly crates will net you quite a bit over time. You get around 2m every time you get a VMC. If you play enough alts and just do the dailies, you'll get quite the stash of VMCs after a while.

You'd be better off using them to craft. Best a friend of guildie thatll also give you the crits.