Why do I need the SHELLS to buy T2 using components???

NogueiraA

I'm Command level 100 and have 4 set bonus pieces, I don't have those 4 shells anymore and just found out I need them to buy T2 gear...

I'm a casual, play ~2 hours a day and only pvp, how am I supposed to buy T2 now? Can you at least give us the retroactive shells?? Do I really have to grind SHELLS AGAIN, deal with stupid RNG again to buy T2.

It wasn't a problem for me because bolster was perfect, but you destroyed bolster and now my 220/230 gear is WAAAAAY weaker than people with 236/240.

Now that gear matters I want to gear up, but I don't wanna deal with this stupid grind.

Swtor pvp was never about "wins who grinds more", was about who knows how to play the game.

When you reduced the cost of all pvp gear 204 and 208 that was PERFECT, but now it's a complete mess.

Haha i expected that and saved shells, but i cant buy t2 gear neither. Well 1st try was empty shell (well i just tried it), then i put mods from legacy gear back into shells and again i couldnt buy t2 piece, so w.t.f. (i mean Watts, Torque, Force)? Edited by Chimeree

Haha i expected that and saved shells, but i cant buy t2 gear neither. Well 1st try was empty shell (well i just tried it), then i put mods from legacy gear back into shells and again i couldnt buy t2 piece, so w.t.f. (i mean Watts, Torque, Force)?

Add some components and click the right button.

Also, I would suggest, to collect 236er-pieces from hm-operations and turn them into 242 at the pvp-vendor. Turning 230s into 236s is a complete waist of pvp-components in my opinion.

However, i saved the shells for later use in terms of cosmetic, to test out, how a full set would look like. Obviously, I'm lucky.

Edited by Exocor

Add some components and click the right button.

Also, I would suggest, to collect 236er-pieces from hm-operations and turn them into 242 at the pvp-vendor. Turning 230s into 236s is a complete waist of pvp-components in my opinion.

I my undestanding from topics, videos about Vet or HM Ops, the margin for error is very little so most hardcore or casual PvPer would have some very bad experience there.

Sadly, BW dev team considers that PvPers need to grind T1, then grind T2 and then grind T3. Without missing a single piece in the middle.

Mk-2 and MK-4 do not work even on ears, relics, implants or main/off hands. You need the exact MK-3 piece.

Fortunately i did not change shells on any equip yet, but i did desintegrated relics because i had MK-4 crafted and i think some ear too.

Everybody loves levelling soooo much that we added another 300+!

*barf*

EXACTLY! Enjoyed 1-70? Here's 300 more levels to grind out while repeating everything ad nauseam PER toon just to get the gear to play those toons at end game!!! FUN!!!

Haha i expected that and saved shells, but i cant buy t2 gear neither. Well 1st try was empty shell (well i just tried it), then i put mods from legacy gear back into shells and again i couldnt buy t2 piece, so w.t.f. (i mean Watts, Torque, Force)?

Did you try to buy the unassembled piece or the actual gear? The shells are required to buy the next tier unassembled piece then that unassembled piece is what you use, along with the command tokens, to buy the actual gear. You don't just go directly from gear piece to gear piece, at least from the way I understood it. I guess by their logic this is much simpler than what they've been doing the last 5 years.

One simple solution might be to add an armour mod vendor. Simply turn in the armouring piece people had pulled out and turn that in with the same number of unassembled components to upgrade to the next tier. The only exploit I see would be people pulling armourings out of the duplicate items they get - are they slot specific?

I'm Command level 100 and have 4 set bonus pieces, I don't have those 4 shells anymore and just found out I need them to buy T2 gear...

Im command 71 and have one set piece. I didnt throw any away. And i still only have one more than you. Its not even for my toon! Thats all Ive got.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.