If I had known Shae wouldn't be customizable I wouldn't have kept my sub to get her

FourPawnBenoni

I'm sure you'll survive not being able to put her in a dancer outfit.

It has nothing to do with dancer's outfits. It has everything to do with taking away our options to customize her completely. An option that we previously had without any problems, and yet it was removed for no apparent reason whatsoever.

Anyway, I agree OP. I subbed for early access with the hope that she'd be customizable. Then they announced that customization was a bug, then they let it slide, and now it's a bug again and had to be removed. What is the purpose of taking away our customization options when it worked perfectly fine and wasn't hurting the game at all? It's absolutely infuriating, and yet I'm not at all surprised. This is, what, the fourth or fifth blatant bait and switch from the devs?

If I had known 5 years ago they were going to change the AoE ground indicators I wouldn't have kept my sub.

Sound ridiculous? That's cuz it is. What a stupid complaint and thread but that's all this place is now it seems.

You're drawing a false equivalence here. Shae Vizla as a companion was touted as a subscriber reward. Those pixels were deliberately used as a carrot to dangle in front of players to keep them subscribed. Pay sub for X long, get Mandalore the Avenger as your in-game buddy. Basically, people PAID REAL MONEY for her. Retroactively going back and removing customization ability from the companion MONTHS AFTER the pixel carrot was awarded is wrong and abusive to the consumer.

By contrast, no one paid REAL MONEY to get a particular AoE ground indicator. See how intellectually dishonest you're being? :D

Edited by AscendingSky

You're drawing a false equivalence here. Shae Vizla as a companion was touted as a subscriber reward. Those pixels were deliberately used as a carrot to dangle in front of players to keep them subscribed. Pay sub for X long, get Mandalore the Avenger as your in-game buddy. Basically, people PAID REAL MONEY for her. Retroactively going back and removing customization ability from the companion MONTHS AFTER the pixel carrot was awarded is wrong and abusive to the consumer.

By contrast, no one paid REAL MONEY to get a particular AoE ground indicator. See how intellectually dishonest you're being? :D

Correct me if I am wrong, but neither one of the two previous subscriber reward companions, Nico Okarr or HK-55 were able to be customized. Lana and Theron are not able to be customized.

I believe that the only "new" companion that is able to be customized is the DvL reward, Master Ramos, but she had not been released at the time of the subscriber reward promotion.

I was not aware that BW gave any indication that Shae Vizla would be able to be customized.

Maybe it is me, but I saw no reason to expect that Shae Vizla would be able to be customized.

Can I just, why is it such a big deal about the Shae Vizla customization?

Of all the horrible things patch 5.1 brought, why are people upset about how a companions looks. Don't you guys give a damn about gameplay, gearing,pve and pvp which were all made horrible by this patch?

I just don't understand o_O

Correct me if I am wrong, but neither one of the two previous subscriber reward companions, Nico Okarr or HK-55 were able to be customized. Lana and Theron are not able to be customized.

I believe that the only "new" companion that is able to be customized is the DvL reward, Master Ramos, but she had not been released at the time of the subscriber reward promotion.

I was not aware that BW gave any indication that Shae Vizla would be able to be customized.

Maybe it is me, but I saw no reason to expect that Shae Vizla would be able to be customized.

This, really. None of the story companions since 4.0 dropped have been customisable. There was never any indication that any of them would be customisable. Don't act like you subscribed for a customisable Shae when there was practically no chance of that being the case.

I'm disgusted at the way companion customization in general has been handled since 4.0 dropped and Shae is just one more part of that. Yes, this issue is important, it's up there with my top 5, maybe even top 3 complaints about this game. Being able to create a character and bring them to life IS what this game is about for me. Character customization is a huge draw, and a huge money maker. Customizing companions is an extension of customizing my own character. Period.

Since 4.0, the devs have taken away what I see as a major game feature. With the recent exception of Master Ranos, NO companions released since 4.0 have been customizable. Worse yet, there was no explanation for this, and no response to over a year's worth of player questions. For some reason this issue is TOP SECRET stuff at BW, up there with vital state secrets or something. The way this issue has been ignored after probably hundreds of posts asking about it is insulting, frankly.

I DON'T CARE if some guy wants to stick his Shae or any other companion in a skimpy outfit. (I can guarantee you that skimpy outfits has nothing to do with this.) I am far more annoyed at the millions of Lana/Theron/Senya clones running around the fleet, and that my companion feels like a cardboard cut out, static and unchanging.

It's bad enough that ability to dress companions going forward was removed as of 4.0, but to actually give people one - when people have been begging for this for over a YEAR, and then take it away? That just shows how little BW respects their players.

Edited by CloudCastle

I'm sure you'll survive not being able to put her in a dancer outfit.

IKR? There are plenty of other female companions one could stuff into a slave bikini and it's not like she interacts with any of the story or cutscenes or has any dialogue with you. I'm guessing in SoR and KotFE she still has her actual Mando armor on even if you got her at lv 1 and put her in a slave bikini.

Well you GOT Mandalore the avenger with her full and glorious armor, you're mad you can't dress said Mandalore like a beach babe.

Edited by Nefla

Well you GOT Mandalore the avenger with her full and glorious armor, you're mad you can't dress said Mandalore like a beach babe.

What ?

Where in that post did you read that anyone wanted to put a Slave outfit on Shae ?

I assume you are too young and immature to see the reality that people still RP in this game and that gear changes are a big part of that and this was a rare opportunity to have strong story ties to the Mandalore Arc.

Edited by CaptainBlackjack

This, really. None of the story companions since 4.0 dropped have been customisable. There was never any indication that any of them would be customisable. Don't act like you subscribed for a customisable Shae when there was practically no chance of that being the case.

Yeah, cuz that bad decision COMPLETELY justifies the continuing of the trend.

Can I just, why is it such a big deal about the Shae Vizla customization?

Of all the horrible things patch 5.1 brought, why are people upset about how a companions looks. Don't you guys give a damn about gameplay, gearing,pve and pvp which were all made horrible by this patch?

I just don't understand o_O

Yes sir, we give several damns about them. One thread at a time my friend.

IKR? There are plenty of other female companions one could stuff into a slave bikini and it's not like she interacts with any of the story or cutscenes or has any dialogue with you. I'm guessing in SoR and KotFE she still has her actual Mando armor on even if you got her at lv 1 and put her in a slave bikini.

It hasn't occured to you that maybe after a few months of looking at the same armor it might be refreshing to put on a different outfit that looks cool?

Granted, I didn't use any different armour on Shae Vizla because I quite like her normal armour (though I always use the unmasked customizations because I like to see my companions' faces) so I haven't been penalized by this change, but I agree that it sucks, especially for people who gave her different armour. Why was being able to give her different armour considered a bug?

Being able to change our companions' outfits is fun. I would love to be able to put Lana back in her original outfit or Visas' outfit (without the veil) instead of her KotFE potato sack. There are loads of cool outfits in-game so why make it harder to use them all? Why?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.