The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PVE people Trashing Us for complaining about Bolster

TrixxieTriss

So it seems we can't post or create threads in the general forum section to complain to Biowares that the change to Bolster isn't appreciated or that they seemed to have broken it in the process.

When ever we have an issue with PVP and post it in the gen section, PvE people who don't even pvp or understand the issues start threads to shut us down. Apparently we are just QQing and there is nothing wrong with the change. They are doing what they always do and have done since launch, try and take the focus off pvp. This really pisses me off because they QQ all the time about PVE content and we leave them to it. But they are the first to say to us and Bio "nothing to see here, move along"

I suggest we all keep posting in the threads we've made in the gen section about the Bolster changes so they stay on the front page. We need to keep bumping and supporting this issue or Bioware won't pay attention.

At last count there were about 5 or 6 threads, but the PVE people have started to create threads about us QQing. So those ledgitmate threads are being pushed off the front page and will drift into obscurity fast if we don't support them.

Also don't bother posting in their threads about us. All it does is keep their threads alive, while ours die.

Guys if you care about this issue, don't let it go. We know the Devs don't read the PVP section, so we need to keep posting in the gen section. Posting here will go unseen by the Devs.

It's not pve people its filthy trash role playing casuals who want companions and new story (don't consider those pvers)

Just to clarify for you. I consider myself a pver and any of the pvers i've played with over the years who had half a brain would see the fail after fail bw is doing. They are *********** over pvpers every new patch.

It's kinda obvious from 10 km away that it's NOT OK that a good raid group can clear everything on few characters in 1 week and then go in pvp with a gear advantage over people doing only pvp for hours every day,

Edited by invertioN

It's not pve people its filthy trash role playing casuals who want companions and new story (don't consider those pvers)

Just to clarify for you. I consider myself a pver and any of the pvers i've played with over the years who had half a brain would see the fail after fail bw is doing. They are *********** over pvpers every new patch.

It's kinda obvious from 10 km away that it's NOT OK that a good raid group can clear everything on few characters in 1 week and then go in pvp with a gear advantage over people doing only pvp for hours every day,

While you're not in that group of pve people doing it, this was happening way before those end game story and no group content people started playing. But not so much now because you guys have been getting the same treatment from Bioware since 3.0.

It's just worse now with those story loud mouths because they think they own the game. Any group content players, wether operations or pvp who create threads or posts about how Bioware have shafted us, attracts those story trolls. They cannot comprehend that this is an MMO and not a console game.

They are also the loudest on the forums, they like to hijack every other thread and troll till people just give up. Anything that doesn't affect them personally is a target. But even things that may only impact the smallest amount, but benefit the rest of the game community greatly is attacked viscously and often without facts and lots of personal attacks on people until we just give up. From my experience there are about seven of them that do it regularly.

Have you ever wondered why these story guys think they own the game? It's because Bioware listen to them. Why do they listen? Because Bio wanted to attract these players, but also because they are the loudest on the forums and blow smoke and praise up Bios backsides.

It's for those reasons that I'm asking fellow pvpers to support other pvpers or even operations guys in the forums when we have ledgitmate concerns. This should be a call to arms for the pvp community, for too long we have been divided and spend too much time attacking each other. All the while these story guys have hijacked the game. We know Bioware don't read the pvp section. If we want to be heard we need to fight back and post in the general section the same as the operations guys do. If we don't come together when it's needed, then we have no one to blame but ourselves if these story nubs drown us out and Bioware pay no attention.

"Make PVP great again"... that was Sarcasm... but how about they just try and not "Make PVP worse again"

I was ready to snap a guy's head off this morning because he was a solo player insisting we wanted the gear and didn't need it and I'm not feeling very nice right now. I feel like we have been so done over and I just want it to go back to normal because I want to PvP on my main right now- it's all I want to do but it's going to be a trainwreck because despite her augmented gear and as much 230 stack- I would have blown all my credits not on the vanity set I picked up but on pieces yesterday like a 242 mainhand because I can't stand 'this'!

This isn't helping my anxiety issues and they just have to come on, and say they're putting it back and we're back in a game of skill. It's all I care about. Yesterday, pre patch- I finally got my head around my tank and got to carry my team which I loved to pieces- every one of those medals- that position at top of the leaderboard was mine by right instead of the medal farming tank. She didn't get any 208 set gear before 5.0 dropped and now she's absolutely useless- I feel embarrassed to queue with her.

So when the solo frellwits, despite me loving story, run their mouths- all I want to do is throw my lightsabers at them.

I was ready to snap a guy's head off this morning because he was a solo player insisting we wanted the gear and didn't need it and I'm not feeling very nice right now. I feel like we have been so done over and I just want it to go back to normal because I want to PvP on my main right now- it's all I want to do but it's going to be a trainwreck because despite her augmented gear and as much 230 stack- I would have blown all my credits not on the vanity set I picked up but on pieces yesterday like a 242 mainhand because I can't stand 'this'!

This isn't helping my anxiety issues and they just have to come on, and say they're putting it back and we're back in a game of skill. It's all I care about. Yesterday, pre patch- I finally got my head around my tank and got to carry my team which I loved to pieces- every one of those medals- that position at top of the leaderboard was mine by right instead of the medal farming tank. She didn't get any 208 set gear before 5.0 dropped and now she's absolutely useless- I feel embarrassed to queue with her.

So when the solo frellwits, despite me loving story, run their mouths- all I want to do is throw my lightsabers at them.

I feel exactly the same way. I'm pretty much over those obnoxious, self entitled, console play style, douche bag, story playing, no group content little brats.

Sometimes I just want to lose it at them and be damned with breaking the forum TOS.

TrixxieTriss, do you ever log out from the Forums? Maybe you log out just in order to sleep. You are officially our Drama Queen for 2017. 500 New Drama Threads - 500 New Drama Posts. Spamming all over non stop 24/7 same sh*t. Even if you were right - you are losing it. Take a break please.

Oh and btw PvPers are trashing you because you have no idea of PvP or because you joined this game before 2 months.

Edited by NeverLoseFaith

TrixxieTriss, do you ever log out from the Forums? Maybe you log out just in order to sleep. You are officially our Drama Queen for 2017. 500 New Drama Threads - 500 New Drama Posts. Spamming all over non stop 24/7 same sh*t. Even if you were right - you are losing it. Take a break please.

Oh and btw PvPers are trashing you because you have no idea of PvP or because you joined this game before 2 months.

I agree with her. And I'm fairly certain she, like me is APAC- our main hours are your night and early hours.

No. The PvPers that are trashing us are the ones that spent 24/7 since 5,0 launch to farm gear through Ops boss glitches. That is who. And now new players will avoid pvp like the plauge because of this nonsense.

What, are you my personal stalker?

Pvpers aren't trashing me. Although I do have a few personal trolls, but a lot of us regular posters do. Pve story only people are trashing pvpers in the general section if we bring up issues that are affecting people in pvp.

I've also been playing pvp since launch. I'm a dedicated pvper and up until Bioware turned 5.0 into rubbish, I used to play 4-8 hours every day. I have 36 toons with most between lvl 65-70.

I'm not sure what the purpose of you post was. Is it to get me to react or does my posting offend you?

If it offends you, I have a really easy solution for you, put me on ignore and then you never need to read anything I post again.

If it was to get a reaction from me then I would say to you, get back under your bridge where you'll find the other trolls waiting. I won't feed you anything exciting.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I simply assume the PvE folks trashing threads complaining about this toilet stain of a change are clueless. The truly amusing white knights are the nolifers already in full 240+ who are of course as happy as pigs in shiat about this change, because due to gear disparity they will finally be able to win again.

I mean, I'm a nolifer too, who will soon be fully GTNed to 240 on my main, but this *pisses me off* because I was having fun with my alts.

Edited by stoopicus

I simply assume the PvE folks trashing threads complaining about this toilet stain of a change are clueless. The truly amusing white knights are the nolifers already in full 240+ who are of course as happy as pigs in shiat about this change, because due to gear disparity they will finally be able to win again.

I mean, I'm a nolifer too, who will soon be fully GTNed to 240 on my main, but this *pisses me off* because I was having fun with my alts.

I just wonder if the gear disparity is as awful as we assume it will be. Remember, battlemaster stuff could be augged and still compete with war hero stuff, it was just slightly better if you had the war hero stuffs on.

I just wonder if the gear disparity is as awful as we assume it will be. Remember, battlemaster stuff could be augged and still compete with war hero stuff, it was just slightly better if you had the war hero stuffs on.

We'll see I guess. It's not like we have to wonder though, just put on full 230, look at stats, then full 240. Because that's basically the difference we are looking at here.

I will probably see how well I can roll with just 240 armorings and hilts and a mix of the rest. That's probably close enough. That way I can probably afford to gear up a couple alts too. But that's still tens of millions of creds per character - pretty soon you're looking at real money there.

Edited by stoopicus

for the love of god, it's not broken.

below 232, bolsters up

above 232, your own stats.

That is what is broken. Player with 240/242 have a GEAR advantage.

To get 242 you depend on RND while being beated by players with better gear o spend LOTS of credits for 240 without bonus (PvPers do net get much credits and rewards from pvp are few, very few).

So, new players not only have a log learning period, they are likely going to have a bad learning experience as they will have little chance playing against people with a lot better gear.

It is hilariuos, people were trashing PvPers for wanting Tier 2 and 3 gear when the bolster made that not count for for much; now that they change the bolster and having Tier 3 makes more sense than ever they still defend their position. People just like to bother other people. And on top of that with have the well known white nights (and ladys).

That is what is broken. Player with 240/242 have a GEAR advantage.

To get 242 you depend on RND while being beated by players with better gear o spend LOTS of credits for 240 without bonus (PvPers do net get much credits and rewards from pvp are few, very few).

So, new players not only have a log learning period, they are likely going to have a bad learning experience as they will have little chance playing against people with a lot better gear.

It is hilariuos, people were trashing PvPers for wanting Tier 2 and 3 gear when the bolster made that not count for for much; now that they change the bolster and having Tier 3 makes more sense than ever they still defend their position. People just like to bother other people. And on top of that with have the well known white nights (and ladys).

I've already shown the gap is hardly all that big.

As long as pvp remains one of the fastest/best ways to get gear I'm happy with no bolster. Pre 5.0 that was never the case but now it is. I've never liked the bolster in max level wzs/arenas and it was very unpopular when it was forced on us (in part because it was buggy as heck, but also because it trivialized pvp'ers efforts) back around 2.0. I think a lot of the complaints now are just from people resistant to change; I've seen many pvpers go completely nuts over some of the smallest changes. I personally would like to see far more changes to pvp in this game and us sweating the trivial stuff like this is sabotaging the chances of those happening. Edited by Savej

I've already shown the gap is hardly all that big.

My main is in 230 and below (pretty much the four set pieces), augmented and her stats are 'not' upped to a 232 level. The gap is incredibly big- she's the only character I don't feel like a complete idiot queuing with and I'm in the old position where I was an idiot swimming against Expertise and there is 'nothing' I can do to fix it, well except for saving twenty-thirty million credits and I still wouldn't have the replacement set bonus pieces. No, that's not right- I could have a crappy set of green 190 and do better whereas no set gear now is pure suicide.

The fact I'm still able to contribute is despite my gear, won two out of three matches and opened another 'amazing' crate at 67 to pure garbage. It's wrecked my healer over on Republic side, rank 21- no relics that proc in PvP, no set pieces to replace her 208- no replacement weapons and her RNG humiliation is complete.

It is still a gap.

You rise a toon to 70 and automatically play in the same field. You have 220s and bolstered to 232 but play against people with 242 fully augment.

the amount of people in 242 augmented is very very low. most people at that tier have a couple 242 pieces max. then there is the fact most people are not even t3.

Edited by jedcjedcjedc

As long as pvp remains one of the fastest/best ways to get gear I'm happy with no bolster. Pre 5.0 that was never the case but now it is. I've never liked the bolster in max level wzs/arenas and it was very unpopular when it was forced on us (in part because it was buggy as heck, but also because it trivialized pvp'ers efforts) back around 2.0. I think a lot of the complaints now are just from people resistant to change; I've seen many pvpers go completely nuts over some of the smallest changes.

It depends on the disparity between lesser geared and higher geared players.

Honestly, I like fair games and I have always pvp'd a lot, so I know gearing won't be a problem for me.

For those that don't have the time to gear grind for months this is bad.

I don't find it fun fighting someone that literally blows up in 2 secs in PVP due to having lesser gears because they don't play as much as those who have superior gears.

By making gears matter more in PVP, you add one more element that will imbalance teams, because there's already skill levels to account for.

Do you really want people that blow up in 2 secs because their gears are crap, in the wzs? Or, maybe you do.