Sneaky Patch Notes Added

TrixxieTriss

Leaving it out isn't going to make things better. In fact, it makes things worse. I agree that it has to be deliberate.

Oh, I agree leaving it out makes it worse. But they keep doing it. If they made a mistake once in a long while and left out a detail or two, and then immediately went "Oops, sorry guys, we messed that up, here you go!" and added the proper notes, I'd be willing to chalk it up to human error. Everyone has a bad day, everyone makes mistakes, no one is perfect.

But it's always a bunch of things, and it's always stuff that players are going to get upset about rather than minor translation details or QoL improvements being left out, and they never acknowledge it unless a ton of people start calling them out on the forums for their deception. As they say: fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

Edited by AscendingSky

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is stupid is those changes never go unnoticed by us. They never learn and it just makes it look worse.

Yeah, you would think they would have realized by now that that tactic has never worked. And you are right, cause it only serves to piss people off more, since it looks so shyster.

Leaving it out isn't going to make things better. In fact, it makes things worse. I agree that it has to be deliberate.

Deliberate indeed. They've done it with vendors/items in the past too, so no one had any heads up. All because they wanted to recycle those items into the cartel market/packs.

Edited by Darkside

• It is no longer possible to change Shae Vizla's armor.

This is a rather odd change. I can possibly understand the rationale; all companions with non-default features that players can't acquire (haircut in Shae's case) aren't to be customized. Because that's the rule. A dumb rule, but still.

However, isn't the primary objective to make money off of TOR? And one of the main revenue sources is the cartel market. Presumably one of the more economically rewarding parts of the cartel market is outfits, weapons and the unlocking of those. People actually use this stuff on companions too you know? So by decreasing the number of companions we can customize, you're not doing yourselves a favour financially.

Just one question. How is gearing alts more difficult? I dinged 70 on my alt yesterday and gearing him up took me an hour. I returned all the planetary quests, finished 9 chapters to get more companions (it's a crafting alt, so I need 9), got to around command level 12, got two set pieces, moved all my stashed 230 pieces from my other chars, augmented everything and BANG! all I'm missing is an earpiece and one relic. I'm all violet/blue 230. I mean c'mon, was it even easier before that? :)

Best regards,

Kalantris

I'm assuming you're a story mode/solo player? Full 230 was good for PvP in 5.0, when everything bolstered to 250. But in 5.1, with the bolster cap at 232, full 230 is not well geared for anything but story mode PvE.

You might as well have just gone full vendor green 210 for bolstering content like PvP, which is what people are talking about being difficult to gear up alts. Your full 230 is worthless in comparison to even 208 since everything below 232 bolsters up to 232 in warzones.

"Geared" alts in this context means having your alt in full 240 or 242, because that is going to be the endgame gear for PvP, which will ROFLstomp people in 230 (as they are only bolstered to 232.)

Edited by stoopicus

HAHAHA! Shows where their loyalties are. Makes me suspect of what "Dulfy" really is too.

Not sure what you mean? Dulfy's always just put up the patch notes when they are originally released. In this case, it's a nice contrast, because the originally released notes Dulfy put up are different than the retconned notes on this site. The notes on Dulfy are the same as I remember in the patcher as well.

So in this case, Dulfy's notes exposed BW retconning the notes here.

Not sure what you mean? Dulfy's always just put up the patch notes when they are originally released. In this case, it's a nice contrast, because the originally released notes Dulfy put up are different than the retconned notes on this site. The notes on Dulfy are the same as I remember in the patcher as well.

So in this case, Dulfy's notes exposed BW retconning the notes here.

I mean if Dulfy is privy to the patch notes prior to them being posted by Bioware and prior to them being visible on the launcher, it make me wonder how he's getting them...and not just getting them, but getting the actual ones, not the forum pasted version.

I mean if Dulfy is privy to the patch notes prior to them being posted by Bioware and prior to them being visible on the launcher, it make me wonder how he's getting them...and not just getting them, but getting the actual ones, not the forum pasted version.

Pretty sure she just gets them from the launcher but I could be wrong. The patch notes BW put up originally didn't have the Bolster info either, or if they did, I didn't see it when I read them the first time. They later did, presumably after edit.

Pretty sure she just gets them from the launcher but I could be wrong. The patch notes BW put up originally didn't have the Bolster info either, or if they did, I didn't see it when I read them the first time. They later did, presumably after edit.

It was edited in later. They put the patch note on the webpage Monday afternoon...

Oh, I agree leaving it out makes it worse. But they keep doing it. If they made a mistake once in a long while and left out a detail or two, and then immediately went "Oops, sorry guys, we messed that up, here you go!" and added the proper notes, I'd be willing to chalk it up to human error. Everyone has a bad day, everyone makes mistakes, no one is perfect.

But it's always a bunch of things, and it's always stuff that players are going to get upset about rather than minor translation details or QoL improvements being left out, and they never acknowledge it unless a ton of people start calling them out on the forums for their deception. As they say: fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

Yep, totally. They done it so many times now, that I don't see how they can write out a "oops sorry" post with a straight face.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.