Warzone Bolster and why I DID uninstall the game last night.

Vaerah

I know another person almost uninstalled the game last night. Well, I skipped the almost portion.

I am fed up, really.

BW poured salt on a finger and is RUBBING it into the wounds of those who weren't lucky with the RNG system.

I admit it: I am not level CXP 300. I don't have the TIME for this grind, like 90% of the other SWTOR players.

As a storyline and PvP player, as of patch 5.1, it's clear I'll never see any sensible way to gear up myself and my alts.

I got FIVE T1 and then T2 boots on my poor DPS Sage, who is also useless in PvE and PvP anyway because the class got wrecked by patch 5.0.

I got ZERO on my 2 maras and sent. 1 boots on my Sorc.

And now, to add insult to injury, they have also nerfed bolster so who is not LUCKY (opposite to SKILLED, which in PvP should be the deciding factor) is getting devastated and made mince meat in WZs.

I still have 23 days left on my subscription, as I've been so optimist about BW to purchase 3 months, but I am not going to waste my time like this. With the last BW actions, I see no light at the end of the tunnel any longer, so why invest more time.

For the records:

Screenshots of feedback and unsub

Edited by Vaerah

But wait Eric said: "Galactic Command Gearing Alt-unfriendly

One of the biggest concerns expressed is Galactic Command forces a player into working only on one character. Although that wasn’t our intention, we agree with you"

Due to this they changed bolster to ensure alts in PvP have it even worse, really helping the situation. Again showing their brilliant foresight and understanding of the players. What a stroke of genius from the Dev team. They should really win MMO of the year for 5.0/5.1.

Eric must be really good at relaying the communities message to them. That or they give no ****s and think we should suck a bag of richards. I'll guess the later...

They may put it back up.

And I'm sure we'll hear all about it in their live stream. Oh wait no, they will ignore any question asking why they make these crap choices they know will impact players negatively. They will without a doubt not mention this on stream and Eric will not respond to any thread questioning why this occurred considering it goes against his previous statement to make it easier on Alts.

And I'm sure we'll hear all about it in their live stream. Oh wait no, they will ignore any question asking why they make these crap choices they know will impact players negatively. They will without a doubt not mention this on stream and Eric will not respond to any thread questioning why this occurred considering it goes against his previous statement to make it easier on Alts.

So let's all spam the stream with it.

Funny thing is, I am skilled which was why I had a screenshot folder full of favourite wins, constant win streaks where my dailies were done via wins alone and now all I see when I look at them is what I loved so much that they just ripped away.

And I'm crying again.

I won't say I am skilled but I played in ranked PvP guilds with 90% victory rate (in regs, in ranked I think it was 70%) for 8 months. Before this expansion that is. Now I don't have the face to ask my DPS sorc and sage to join any team. I only have got my Shadow but ofc she did not get any luck with RNG loot either.

Edited by Vaerah

I just posted in another thread about how this change to Bolster is potentially the most alt-unfriendly thing they could have done in 5.1. It's insane. It's like they realized that people were having fun and the relatively level playing field was allowing people to play their alts without worrying too much about the grind, which made them shart themselves in panic because obviously THAT shiat was not working as intended and had to be fixed immediately.

Dear Eric and Tait,

Since 5.1 last night we have the following issues in PVP.

1. Bolster is now broken. We are not sure what you have done but it is no longer working correctly. Please restore what ever you changed to 5.0 settings. - PLEASE NOTE - this is game changing and will stop people pvping period.

So I am assuming this is a bug.

2. CXP Nerf of Bug? CXP is now lower in pvp than it was before. There was nothing in the patch notes about this, so I assume it's a bug. Can you please fix and restore to previous levels.

Eric, you have said in the past that anything not announced in patch notes that is then different after a patch is a bug. You have either failed/forgotten to notify us in the patch notes or this is a bug.

Please guys, can you communicate with the community asap as people are currently uninstalling or ready to cancel subs.

This is especially true for those players who are only subscribing to play pvp. If we can't play pvp where it is skill vs skill and not gear vs gear, most of us will move to other games.

I look forward to hearing from you in the next 24 hours.

PS. I've also PM'd both of you with this issue.

:(

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I admit it: I am not level CXP 300. I don't have the TIME for this grind, like 90% of the other SWTOR players.

Dont worry its the otherway around, there is 10% of players who are rank 300. I have wife and kids and dont have time for this and the casuals have the same, they do play but dont do stuff for cxp farm.

So let's all spam the stream with it.

They will just ignore it. They have with every other uncomfortable or controversial decision--stealth or otherwise--that they've made. Or make a joke about it, like with the BioWare Livestream Bingo Card, without realizing the sad fact that we were all still scoring bingo on said card while they were trying to be self-aware about it.

They will just ignore it. They have with every other uncomfortable or controversial decision--stealth or otherwise--that they've made. Or make a joke about it, like with the BioWare Livestream Bingo Card, without realizing the sad fact that we were all still scoring bingo on said card while they were trying to be self-aware about it.

Can't hurt to try

I really like the changes made to the bolster, before you could keep your old 208 gear and have better stats than a player with 234, which isn't right for obvious reasons. Now both 230/234, as well as 240, is gear everyone can get through crafting so I disagree with OP about the gearing process being too much of a grind, yesterday during a three-hour raid I managed to get 2x242 pieces. With the new system I have gained gear faster during one raid than during the whole Christmas/New Years period, the new system is a lot better without a doubt.

In regard to OP's delusion about Sage DPS, they are perfectly viable in both PvE and PvP settings, just because they parse slightly lower than other classes on a dummy doesn't mean they are useless. However, it does mean that the player controlling need to ensure they are decently skilled with the class. Which normally is the problem but as people generally don't wanna blame themselves they blame the class, Sage DPS have been part of groups that cleared all Nightmare in 5.0.

I guess you might wanna spend the last few days of your subscription of learning to play your class better and maybe then you will change your mind.

Same thing I did. I will not give them another cent until they pull their heads out of their asses.

They have made a lot of *** choices but with 5.1 they continue to show they have no clue what the players really want.

It feels very much like someone said. BW saw players having fun in pvp ignoring their grind and they had to take action to ensure that does not happen. Doing so with ninja patch note updates after the fact which contradict Eric's statements earlier in the week.

1. Bolster is now broken. We are not sure what you have done but it is no longer working correctly. Please restore what ever you changed to 5.0 settings. - PLEASE NOTE - this is game changing and will stop people pvping period.

So I am assuming this is a bug.(

At the bottom of the patchnotes:

• Bolster now improves players up to 232 Item Rating (down from 250).

It was intentional, but it's a very bad idea. It would be bad enough when veteran pvpers had a big gear advantage in addition to their experience (just like in GSF and we see how well that works for newbies). But for ground PVP we now use the same gear as for PVE, and 5.1 made it much faster to gear up in ops.

Edited by Mubrak

But wait Eric said: "Galactic Command Gearing Alt-unfriendly

One of the biggest concerns expressed is Galactic Command forces a player into working only on one character. Although that wasn’t our intention, we agree with you"

Due to this they changed bolster to ensure alts in PvP have it even worse, really helping the situation.(...)

I lol'd.

Although it's not funny.

I checked out elder scrolls online last night. may drop the 30 and give it a go for a few weeks to see how it goes. Im a simple man who enjoys the little things in life. getting stressed over a game is not one of those things I do and my distraction as of late has been less about the GC situation than it has been an overall, top down look at how i tend to play and how that fits into a games direction. I'll stil research more on ESO, but the fence is almost complete.

I have little issue with working towards a goal, but i dislike intentional walls to slow me down.

I checked out elder scrolls online last night. may drop the 30 and give it a go for a few weeks to see how it goes. Im a simple man who enjoys the little things in life. getting stressed over a game is not one of those things I do and my distraction as of late has been less about the GC situation than it has been an overall, top down look at how i tend to play and how that fits into a games direction. I'll stil research more on ESO, but the fence is almost complete.

I have little issue with working towards a goal, but i dislike intentional walls to slow me down.

Some of it takes some getting used to, like targeting what you are looking at instead of tab targeting. I've been enjoying it, though. They did a really nice job of level syncing, too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.