Guardian Powers in Quickbar

Star_of_Mithal

I'm having a blast playing my Guardian, and now that he's 13 and I've got more powers than what fits in the 12 allocated per page, I figured I'd come to the forums and ask some advice from other Guardian players.

What powers do you have in your quick bar, and in what order? I know this is mostly a "how you play" type of question, I'm just wondering if there are any powers that are more beneficial for the Guardian over the Sentinel, so it makes more sense to have them in page 1.

My current set up is:

1. Strike

2. Sundering Strike

3. Force Leap

4. Force Sweep

5. Master Strike

6. Slash

And then a jumble including Riposte, Resolute, Force Might, Force Freeze, Blade Storm and Saber Ward.

If it helps, I figure on focusing primarily on the Vigilance skill tree over the other two, but that may change as I play the game and meet others to play with. Thanks in advance for the help!

At lvl 30 I have all my necessary combat actions on the first action bar, and the bottom action bar. I've keybound the bottom action bar to Shift+1-= - and both bars are full.

I've put all my non-essential combat abilities, like speeder, medpacs, and hour buffs on the right bar.

Companion action bar on the left action bar.

Make sure you go into Settings > User interface > enable action bars for the bottom, left, and right.

I also play with a Razer Naga, so I assign my keys according to how easy it is to hit the buttons with my thumb, on my mouse.

My line up:

Strike

Slash

Sweep

Blade Storm

Sunder

Riposte

Master Strike

Blade Barrier

Charge

Empty

Stasis

On my shift bar (bottom action bar)

Combat focus

Taunt

Area Taunt

Force Push

Damage reduction buff (can't remember name :o)

Guard

Freezing Force

Health Buff

empty

OOC self heal

Call on the force

That's all my abilities, haha it's a little insane on paper

Edited by Atallcost

You're nowhere near close to as many abilities as you'll need to have and use on a regular basis. I bind quickbars 2-5 to mouse3, mouse4, shift+mouse3, and shift+mouse4, and have quickbar 1 on shift+ number keys, so that I can access 35 skills from just number keys without needing to move my hand away from my movement keys, and I've only got about eight slots left open at level 30.

Thanks for the responses. While I know I don't have every power, I knew I was getting to a point I needed to figure a few more things out. I'll have to take a look at the keybinding and I will definitely go into settings and enable the extra action menus, that should help me out for the time being.

Wow, you guys are so CUTE!!!

Ah...talking about having a full bar or two...

I got 3 and a half full bars that I'M having trouble tracking atm ((lvl50).

I have keybinds that start from shift + 1-8 and q,e,t,y,g,v, S+ q,e,t,y,v,g...

Prepare yourself for the ultimate challenge : Watching your bars and procs all the time. AND I mean ALL the time.

• 1 year later...

I am a Jedi Guardian, level 15.

My quickbar is given below. Is there a mistake in your opinion ?

What do you recommend ? I'm having difficulty at the combats.

1. Force Leap

2. Force Sweep

3. Riposte

4. Strike

5. Blade Storm

6. Saber Ward

7. Slash

8. Master Strike

9. Soresu Form

0. Sundering Strike

-. Introspection

=. Resolute

Second part : Freezing Force, Force Might, Heroic Moment, Shii Cho Form.

On my level 53 juggernaut (I have low-level guardian as well), I have my most used abilities on the bottom two bars. Everything but the final two in each row are hotkeyed.

I found that there's *exactly* enough room that I can function in Vengeance/Vigilance with those two bars, and for now I am clicking things with long cooldowns (kept on my other bars). Combat is completely smooth for me.

If I want to tank more, I think I'll have to hotkey 1 or 2 more abilities. But DPS is definitely doable with 2 bars. But you *must* have those keybindings ready.

By the way, I don't find Vigilance/Vengeance hard to play. Not that many procs to watch for. But it's very fun and feels more dynamic than some other specs (like Marksmanship).

1. Force Leap

2. Force Sweep

3. Riposte

4. Strike

5. Blade Storm

6. Saber Ward

7. Slash

8. Master Strike

9. Soresu Form

0. Sundering Strike

-. Introspection

=. Resolute

No need to keep Introspection, Soresu Form, Force Might, Heroic Moment or Shii Cho Form hotkeyed. If you're not pressing them often in combat, get rid of them. At least I just confuse myself if I hotkey absolutely everything. You're only level 15 now. You'll get many more important abilities.

But don't worry if combat sucks at the moment. Guardians aren't great at level 15. Once you get to mid 30s it really starts to pick up and you will be steamrolling everything soon after.

Edited by thecoffeecup

I highly suggest doing a remapping of your keys, as it increases your efficiency a LOT. I was a long time clicker, I went to remapping, and it worked out well. My wife (who hates video games, but is a wonderful wife) got me a gaming mouse last weekend, and it's ridiculous now how easy everything is.

I still use backpedal for strafing, but I use my `-4 for buffs/defenses, 5 is interrupt. (Normal Key/Shift+Key)

Q is leap/Sabre Throw

E is smash/sunder

R is push/stasis

F is Bladestorm/Hilt Strike

Z is taunt/grenade

X is AoE taunt/Mez

C is stun breaker

V is medpack/Guardian Leap

B is stim/Guardian Leap

G is guard/Dispatch

T is Sabre Throw/Master strike

Mouse:

Center: AoE Slow/AoE attack

Bottom side: Normal Attack/Slash

Top side: Guardian Slash/Riposte

Worked out well before the mouse, now Im still figuring out what all I want mapped to the mouse (I pretty much just put all my main attacks on the buttons and just button smash in order of priority atm, although Slash is still on Shift+Bottom Side). Mostly, you need to find what is comfortable to you, I know people who hate using the Z and X keys.

As coffeecup wisely said, don't hotkey any of those. Just utilize some side set hotbar (I have a 2x3 under my target window) for those.

Edited by Maelael

1. Force Leap

2. Force Sweep

3. Riposte

4. Strike

5. Blade Storm

6. Saber Ward

7. Slash

8. Master Strike

9. Soresu Form

0. Sundering Strike

-. Introspection

=. Resolute

It's probably more your rotation rather than your keybinds. It's been like a year since my guard was 15, but that was back when sunder had a 4.5 second cooldown, gen'd 3 focus, and you got a free blade storm. Just grind it out 5 more levels, then I highly suggest grabbing Shien Form from vigilance. Once you hit 20, you'll start to slowly and steadily progress, getting an important ability every 2 levels until you're like 30... which gives me easy motivation. 22 you'll get Combat Focus, 24 is stasis, 26 is push (I tend to switch between push and stasis each pull), 28 move was removed.... About this time what you can try to do is go up into the Focus tree. As a sentinel and focus I took out the average pull in about 12 seconds, which is ridiculous for someone who wasn't super geared.

TL;DR Respec into shien form at 20 for moar focus; switch to focus spec around 29 with this spec

No need to keep Introspection, Soresu Form, Force Might, Heroic Moment or Shii Cho Form hotkeyed. If you're not pressing them often in combat, get rid of them. At least I just confuse myself if I hotkey absolutely everything. You're only level 15 now. You'll get many more important abilities.

But don't worry if combat sucks at the moment. Guardians aren't great at level 15. Once you get to mid 30s it really starts to pick up and you will be steamrolling everything soon after.

Thanks ...