The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please add a Convert Command Tokens to Components Option

J_McSkill

Well I'm near the cap of Command Tokens but am nowhere near getting enough Components to actually use them.

On top of that, you only need tokens to buy the TIER 1 PIECE, tier 2 and 3 are bought with the shell + components.

I really don't understand why BW decided to use two separate (actually 3) comms for gearing. It's an overly complex and convoluted gearing system. Just have the one currency (Tokens) and adjust the cost appropriately.

Well I'm near the cap of Command Tokens but am nowhere near getting enough Components to actually use them.

On top of that, you only need tokens to buy the TIER 1 PIECE, tier 2 and 3 are bought with the shell + components.

I really don't understand why BW decided to use two separate (actually 3) comms for gearing. It's an overly complex and convoluted gearing system. Just have the one currency (Tokens) and adjust the cost appropriately.

So, what are the command tokens useful for if you can't get the basic tier 1 gear with it??? cause i have open over 20 command crates and only got 1 single tier 1 set item.......yeah, this system is working great *rolls eyes*

So, the only thing is to waste them on Command XP boosts to get more Command Tokens.......i just don't think 'this is the most utterly stupid and moronic system they have ever thought up' can be said enough.......was bioware actually think or even sober when they thought of this, i mean seriously.

Edited by JamieKirby

That makes too much sense. AND SOMEHOW you still have people defending this system.

That makes too much sense. AND SOMEHOW you still have people defending this system.

To be honest, they are making it look like we have a choice on what to do to get gear, but we still have to do the same thing, over and over and over and over and over again and that is to just get 1 single piece of gear.....sorry, but they are hoping that we are a bunch of morons with a bank account.

To be honest, they are making it look like we have a choice on what to do to get gear, but we still have to do the same thing, over and over and over and over and over again and that is to just get 1 single piece of gear.....sorry, but they are hoping that we are a bunch of morons with a bank account.

You did it! The intended playerbase for SWTOR 5.0 are morons with bank accounts! NOW I UNDERSTAND!

That's incorrect.

You need tokens for every piece of gear you want to get from the vendors, Tier 1 through 3. There is also no way to get Tier1 gear just with tokens.

To get T1-T3 gear you need the unassembled piece and a certain amount of tokens (8-24).

To get the necessary unassembled pieces you either run ops and hope to get lucky or you farm components in PvP. These you take to the vendors next door and only those vendors don't require tokens, they want components for T1 and components and the corresponding item of the previous tier for T2+3.

You have a point about this system being convoluted and overly complicated... but otherwise your post is wrong.

Edited by DaemionMoadrin

Anyone else feel that they have way too many Tokens?

Yes, but it should be pretty clear by now that BioWare wants to slow down the gearing, and is unwilling to change their stance on that. Otherwise, they could have just as easily increased the CXP rate when players started complaining about the grind.

All the 5.1 changes are supposed to appease the players (helping players with bad RNG, improving rewards from PvP/operations) but in no way are they intended to speed up the gearing process.

Edited by Jerba

Yes, but it should be pretty clear by now that BioWare wants to slow down the gearing, and is unwilling to change their stance on that. Otherwise, they could have just as easily increased the CXP rate when players started complaining about the grind.

All the 5.1 changes are supposed to appease the players (helping players with bad RNG, improving rewards from PvP/operations) but in no way are they intended to speed up the gearing process.

If they just wanted to slow down gearing could they not have just kept the 4.0 system and increased the number of crystals needed? It would have been a lot easier than this RNG. I could see adding the RNG as a supplement to the base system, that would have been good. Scrapping the base system and adding this system was stupid. SWTOR now has their own NGE (SWG) and ED (COH) that will become famous for the sheer stupidity of decision making in MMOs that runs off significant portions of the player base. They have run me off and I am a cash cow for these guys with 180 day subscriptions and often buying $100/month in cartel coins.

These guys keep making stupid decisions and they break things that were not broken. New gearing system, new reticle for GS AOE attacks that cannot be seen on certain maps, Mercs cannot be killed in PVP, and it goes on and on...