Warzone CXP nerf ?

tyrningada

Greetings !

I played couple of warzones today and I received 397 CXP for won arena, about 470 for warzone loss. There was more before 5.1 patch. Is it a nerf or i am doing something wrong?. I always had 11-13 medals. Only for warzone victory i was given 662 CXP as it used to be.

I thought this patch was supposed to make us grind gear for main and alts faster not slower.

Edited by tyrningada

I think they changed it so it goes with the component rate;

5 - Warzone Win

2 - Warzone Loss

3 - Arena Win

1 - Arena Loss

5 - Solo Ranked Win

2 - Solo Ranked Loss

8 - Group Ranked Win

3 - Group Ranked Loss

8 - GSF Win

this is pretty much what it said on dulfy before 5.1 came out.

yea i think they nerf cxp gain , i got 529 from a huttball won super quick with 13 medals,im sure it used to be 600+ without xp boost

the medals for winning in (x) mins or less never counted. Could you imagine if you got full? Teams would qsync and throw games for 700 cxp in 2 mins.

Haven't played an arena yet today, if they did change it I support that change. Arenas are much quicker and shouldn't give the same cxp. Maybe it'll deter cxp farmers throwing ranked too.

I have the new +10% Legacy CXP boost. I just got 436 CXP after a Huttball win, 13 medals. The game was a pretty short 6-0 win for my team.

Also 655 after Odessen win, 11 medals.

Another Odessen win, 9 medals = 728 CXP.

Novare win, 728 CXP (I forget how many medals).

Hypergate loss, 583 CXP, 10 medals.

Odessen loss (backfill that lasted about 2 minutes), 489 CXP, 7 medals.

Maybe it's based on how long the game lasts? That would explain why some people are reporting that arenas are rewarding less.

Edited by teclado

I have the new +10% Legacy CXP boost. I just got 436 CXP after a Huttball win, 13 medals. The game was a pretty short 6-0 win for my team.

Also 655 after Odessen win, 11 medals.

Maybe it's based on how long the game lasts? That would explain why some people are reporting that arenas are rewarding less.

I was guessing it is also affected by DvL status...

The sad thing is, several arena matches last longer than regular WZ thanks to no matchmaking. When both teams have a couple healers (had one the other day 1dps and 3 healers vs 2 tanks and 2 healers) games often can go the full 5 min each round and often end up going 3 rounds. So because sometimes they don't take as long they are less rewarding? So if we burn through voidstar in round 1 and the game is over in 6 min, the LOSING team gets better rewards than the team that WINS a 15 min arena match?

Can we just remove arena from non ranked now please?

Edit: After reading others that posted while I was typing this it seems that rewards are now based on time? So great, you just created an incentive to have the winning huttball team score 5 points then farm kills until time runs out. Just put it back the way it was.

Edited by HelinCarnate

The sad thing is, several arena matches last longer than regular WZ thanks to no matchmaking. When both teams have a couple healers (had one the other day 1dps and 3 healers vs 2 tanks and 2 healers) games often can go the full 5 min each round and often end up going 3 rounds. So because sometimes they don't take as long they are less rewarding? So if we burn through voidstar in round 1 and the game is over in 6 min, the LOSING team gets better rewards than the team that WINS a 15 min arena match?

Can we just remove arena from non ranked now please?

Was that healer match on space station? Pretty sure I was in that (I was one of the two tanks). Went to sudden death every round. It was actually pretty fun but an endurance slogfest.

Agree about just eliminating arenas from regs (I actually posted the same thing probably while you were typing :)

Edited by stoopicus

Was that healer match on space station? Pretty sure I was in that (I was one of the two tanks). Went to sudden death every round. It was actually pretty fun but an endurance slogfest.

Nope, this was the newest map on Rishi. Eventually by round 3 we were just all dancing and chatting in mid waiting for the poison because we knew there was no way anyone was going to die any other way.

Nope, this was the newest map on Rishi. Eventually by round 3 we were just all dancing and chatting in mid waiting for the poison because we knew there was no way anyone was going to die any other way.

Ahh. Yeah so exactly the same lineup happened for me on Station a couple days back, and it was pretty hilarious. Best shiattalking line I've seen in a long time too - after this three-rounds-to-acid slogfest, some guy sends "Oh sure just quit you cowards!"

Well, funny at the time anyway. Cracked everyone up. Guess you had to be there.

Matchmaker: what the intern worked on after Bolster.

There was no patch notes or information released about nerfing CXP in pvp.

Knowing Bioware it's a Bug because they added something.

Eric has said in the past if something isn't listed in the patch notes than it is a bug and report it to them.

Just report it as a bug or ask them about it in the gen forum section.

There was no patch notes or information released about nerfing CXP in pvp.

Knowing Bioware it's a Bug because they added something.

Eric has said in the past if something isn't listed in the patch notes than it is a bug and report it to them.

Just report it as a bug or ask them about it in the gen forum section.

Yeah I'm asking directly in his "heads up" dev thread in General.

Ive started posting this in every Bolster and CXP thread in the hope that they see it. I've also PM'd both of them

Dear Eric and Tait,

Since 5.1 last night we have the following issues in PVP.

1. Bolster is now broken. We are not sure what you have done but it is no longer working correctly. Please restore what ever you changed to 5.0 settings. - PLEASE NOTE - this is game changing and will stop people pvping period.

So I am assuming this is a bug.

2. CXP Nerf of Bug? CXP is now lower in pvp than it was before. There was nothing in the patch notes about this, so I assume it's a bug. Can you please fix and restore to previous levels.

Eric, you have said in the past that anything not announced in patch notes that is then different after a patch is a bug. You have either failed/forgotten to notify us in the patch notes or this is a bug.

Please guys, can you communicate with the community asap as people are currently uninstalling or ready to cancel subs.

This is especially true for those players who are only subscribing to play pvp. If we can't play pvp where it is skill vs skill and not gear vs gear, most of us will move to other games.

I look forward to hearing from you in the next 24 hours.

PS. I've also PM'd both of you with this issue.

:(