The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

CONSTANT Crackling sound with my audio.

lordmader

I'm getting a constant crackling sound on SWTOR and only SWTOR. I've read previous posts about this issue and there's apparently a sliding bar when you open of DxDiag, however I see none of the sort. Please help, its's unbearable

Same here are you using Win7 just wondering. It fixes itself when I restart - But yeah its some werid *********** cracking sound. How long has this game been out? Why are these problems here, some of these bugs are a joke to see. EA-Ware is doing a great job am this close to going back to Planet side 2.

I get this problem too, but only in KotFE content (not got to KotET yet). It's very very very annoying.

The only way I've managed to fix it is to turn switch off/turn down various graphics settings - no Bloom, NO Shadow Map Resolution, Low Shadow Quality and Medium Texture Anisotropy.

All that was discovered from desperately playing around with settings to make it stop - I have NO idea why it works but it did the job for me.

Really hope this helps you but I'd really prefer it if the problem was acknowledged and fixed.

Jazulfi

What are your system specs ?

Hi there :)

At risk of sounding a bit 'snippy', I'm not going to discuss my system specs because in my experience it's never a helpful addition to the discussion about these things. Most players know their machines and know what their limitations are.

I play lots and lots of mmos/single-player games on high settings and haven't experienced a similar issue with them. There are lots of threads about this problem, including a fairly old lengthy thread about it on the EA HQ site, which as far as I can see, never had a resolution.

Thank you for trying to be helpful, but I don't think 'specs' are the cause.

I tend to think this is directly related to system specs to a large degree

overall I see either a system that has around 4Gb ram or using something like integrated graphics

I have checked as much as possible over the years to eliminate a software setting but as your likely aware none has been found, but over the years I have seen comments related to memory etc - example link

playing on a non streaming install under a clean boot is best in this circumstance to free up as much resources as possible

This premise would also explain why higher system specs dont usually experience this

I tend to think this is directly related to system specs to a large degree

overall I see either a system that has around 4Gb ram or using something like integrated graphics

I have checked as much as possible over the years to eliminate a software setting but as your likely aware none has been found, but over the years I have seen comments related to memory etc - example link

playing on a non streaming install under a clean boot is best in this circumstance to free up as much resources as possible

This premise would also explain why higher system specs dont usually experience this

8gb RAM & gaming graphics card.

The reason why I think it appears on these systems is due to some form of bottleneck occurring some where and the crackle is due to this delay in load somehow, whether that is ram, power settings , fragmented drive or something less common

why running on a clean boot with non streaming launcher is a good starting point

have you posted a dxdiag before about this ?

The only way I've managed to fix it is to turn switch off/turn down various graphics settings - no Bloom, NO Shadow Map Resolution, Low Shadow Quality and Medium Texture Anisotropy..

this reduces system burden and also points to something along that line its just what now

Edited by OwenBrooks