Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Healers survivability needs to get knocked down.

Dreez

I don't think any player that's being honest with themselves can deny that healers are too strong right now.

The problem is not so much with healers as it is with matchmaking, when there are 2 healers in a team in a warzone (1 out of 4 players, just like every trinity content in this game), and skill isn't terribly unbalanced, healers are just as strong as they need to be and are pretty balanced. They can die if not given enough peels or don't play things right, but they can also keep their team alive if they do play right. When there are 3-4 healers on a single team and 0-1 on the other, then there becomes a problem.

The problem is not so much with healers as it is with matchmaking, when there are 2 healers in a team in a warzone (1 out of 4 players, just like every trinity content in this game), and skill isn't terribly unbalanced, healers are just as strong as they need to be and are pretty balanced. They can die if not given enough peels or don't play things right, but they can also keep their team alive if they do play right. When there are 3-4 healers on a single team and 0-1 on the other, then there becomes a problem.

Exactly correct. Matchmaking needs to be fixed (or rather it needs to exist) far more than healers needing nerfs. Although I still think sorc/sage could stand to get hit with the nerf bat a bit. There is no good reason they should have that many ways to escape and still be able to put out top heal numbers.

Edited by HelinCarnate

• 3 weeks later...

That's actually funny and sad to see all those PVP whiners here.

Sorcs DPS are already in deep s***t becouse of your complaints.

Now you want to nerf ALL healers becouse you are unable to kill'em becouse of your lack of skill?

That so much stupid...

Just to clarify - PVP is NOT the main aspect of the game.

So nerfing healers will take DEVASTATING impact on all other aspects of the game.

Turn on your brains (if you have any) and start to actually THINK before you demand something.

I don't think any player that's being honest with themselves can deny that healers are too strong right now.

The only healers "too strong" are sorcs/sages, kinda broken since like 3.3 or something.

Matchmaking (or lack of it) blows, but that was always a problem. What is getting increasingly bad lately is dps. Gotta be honest about this. More and more, truly horrific dps are infesting WZs. When half the dps in your team are between 500k and 1 mil, well... any healer on the other team will seem like a god. That's the real problem.

The only healers "too strong" are sorcs/sages, kinda broken since like 3.3 or something.

Matchmaking (or lack of it) blows, but that was always a problem. What is getting increasingly bad lately is dps. Gotta be honest about this. More and more, truly horrific dps are infesting WZs. When half the dps in your team are between 500k and 1 mil, well... any healer on the other team will seem like a god. That's the real problem.

Solution? Roll more mercs!

Ok being honest now lol. I run a vig guardian in pvp and have been taking the top damage spot on many pub side teams lately. I'm hardly a good dps as I just swapped from tanking when 5.0 gave guard to dps. I should certainly not be out dpsing sentinels or commandos.

Skill also plays a role though. I don't do ranked and the number of people in WZs has increased because it's arguably a better cxp gain than ops (and gives a guaranteed albeit slow way of getting 242 gear). All these new PvPers don't necessarily just know what to do. As they learn how to play in PvP vs PvE I hope we see improvement.

Why are healers not dying? Because half the time there's only one person focusing him.

Edited by KendraP

Solution? Roll more mercs!

Ok being honest now lol. I run a vig guardian in pvp and have been taking the top damage spot on many pub side teams lately. I'm hardly a good dps as I just swapped from tanking when 5.0 gave guard to dps. I should certainly not be out dpsing sentinels or commandos.

Skill also plays a role though. I don't do ranked and the number of people in WZs has increased because it's arguably a better cxp gain than ops (and gives a guaranteed albeit slow way of getting 242 gear). All these new PvPers don't necessarily just know what to do. As they learn how to play in PvP vs PvE I hope we see improvement.

Why are healers not dying? Because half the time there's only one person focusing him.

Vigilance has dot spread, so that accounts for them topping damage charts. Their dot spread is pretty good too, considering it's 360 degrees. Unlike say, Pyro, who's dot spread is in a narrow cone in front of them.

Oh, look, another thread about this.

I've expressed my opinion about DPS players in warzones in the PVP section a lot, let me put a few notes here about DPS players in general.

Explosive Conflict via GF: we struggle on the tanks with enrage, we finally disband because the droids that carry the mine disabling kits (don't know their names, sorry) on the 3rd boss enrage.

Temple of Sacrifice via GF: keep hitting enrage on the 2nd boss.

Czerka Corporate Labs HM: the first boss (the droid in the water) enraged at 700k HP. On the 2nd boss I did damage equal to 30% of the boss' HP - on a TANK.

Athiss HM: we wipe because even after considerable amount of kiting, the adds just didn't die on the 2nd boss. After one of the DPS guys leaves, we go on without a problem.

I'm sorry to say this, but most DPS players are outright terrible. I rarely have that many problems with tanks or heals as I have with plain awful DPS. And it's not like there's some magical skill gap between PvP and PvE players. These same people, because of who you can't even queue for an SM op, are in warzones.

I don't want to dig up the threads where the unbeatable, nightmare level Blood Hunt HM was done with a group without ANY gear, relying solely on bolster, or where we 2-manned the also nightmare-level Manaan HM in PvP gear. (Blood Hunt HM was also 2-manned.)

Even if you, personally, are a good DPS, take a good g o d d a m n look around you and check how many of them are performing at least within the upper 50% of their class' potential. As long as that remains the case, these threads are nothing more than unfounded whinings.

Edited by Schoock

Oh, look, another thread about this.

I've expressed my opinion about DPS players in warzones in the PVP section a lot, let me put a few notes here about DPS players in general.

Explosive Conflict via GF: we struggle on the tanks with enrage, we finally disband because the droids that carry the mine disabling kits (don't know their names, sorry) on the 3rd boss enrage.

Temple of Sacrifice via GF: keep hitting enrage on the 2nd boss.

Czerka Corporate Labs HM: the first boss (the droid in the water) enraged at 700k HP. On the 2nd boss I did damage equal to 30% of the boss' HP - on a TANK.

Athiss HM: we wipe because even after considerable amount of kiting, the adds just didn't die on the 2nd boss. After one of the DPS guys leaves, we go on without a problem.

I'm sorry to say this, but most DPS players are outright terrible. I rarely have that many problems with tanks or heals as I have with plain awful DPS. And it's not like there's some magical skill gap between PvP and PvE players. These same people, because of who you can't even queue for an SM op, are in warzones.

I don't want to dig up the threads where the unbeatable, nightmare level Blood Hunt HM was done with a group without ANY gear, relying solely on bolster, or where we 2-manned the also nightmare-level Manaan HM in PvP gear. (Blood Hunt HM was also 2-manned.)

Even if you, personally, are a good DPS, take a good g o d d a m n look around you and check how many of them are performing at least within the upper 50% of their class' potential. As long as that remains the case, these threads are nothing more than unfounded whinings.

So you're saying that every dps is bad, and every healer is some kind of pvp savant?

Or is it more likely that (sorc) healers are just OP?

Seriously, which one is it? We already know: all you have to do is look at the disparity between sorc healers and the other two to draw the correct conclusion.

Edited by Vember

Yeah I know vigilence has dot spread, and it accounts for it to a certain degree. I'm hardly standing still and doing my aoe rotation in pvp though. Plus I managed to come on 2nd on the damage chart when I was soloing warzones the other day as a node guard (some stupid mara just kept coming back, I usually would get wrecked pretty quickly by them so I'm assuming this guy is just stupid). In a warzone with 5 dps (we had 2 sages and a shadow tank), I shouldn't be coming in 2nd by killing the same dude repeatedly (dot spread not a factor on one dude).

As far as skill gap vs pve I was thinking more of the "how to approach wz vs ops" category. Obviously skill in playing your chosen class is a factor in both. Yes, we've all had that horror story kp sm where karragga enrages at 25%. Doing this with a pug the other day, I actually swapped to vigilence on my tank (in a 5 dps group) to beat him (and by some miracle had no threat issues so obviously the dps was just sad). Call me naive but I was hoping these were the exception rather than the rule.

Edited by KendraP

So you're saying that every dps is bad, and every healer is some kind of pvp savant?

Or is it more likely that (sorc) healers are just OP?

Seriously, which one is it? We already know: all you have to do is look at the disparity between sorc healers and the other two to draw the correct conclusion.

Pretty sure we hit enrage on something like every 2nd thing I queue as healer/tank in PvE because Sorcs are OP.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.