Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Level 30's Already???

Felgor

*BBBBBUUUUZZZZZZZZZZZZ*

WRONG! Thanks for playing. You've earned a miniature home version of our game as a thanks. Here's what you should of said:

Levels 1-49 are half the game! This isn't your typical MMO where it's "Rush to the end and start fighting big bosses" In this game, there's a story to be had and you actually have a voice in this story to help tell it. The immersion is what makes the game what it is. You feel like you ARE your toon, much better then previous MMO's have done. 1-49 are most definitely not meaningless. They're just the beginning steps into an epic journey that will hopefully last us the next 3-5 years.

WoW had a story, it doesn't make the first 84 levels mean anything, 1-49 are stepping stones to the real game.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously...

Juyo has level 30 players already...

First day!!!

Also a bunch from 25-29...

How the hell are these people leveling so fast...

By the time the rest of us get online, they will be 50... :(

pvp exploit

Yeah! It BW's fault that you think that they should have a ton of raids to do on launch day, becuase of impaitent people like you who think that getting to 50 is the game.

This is a STORY driven game. It's the journey TO 50 that is supposed to be fun. I don't have a lot of time to play, but I want to make it meaningful. This will give me a hour or 2 of fun and a nice interactive movie quality that i won't find anywhere else (besides another BW game).

So please feel free to rush to 50 by the time the 20th comes around. Get bored, but don't you dare complain anywhere about it, its your fault. Either uninstall the game, or take some ADD medince you obviously need.

I think you misunderstood. The guy you are flaming agrees that you should take your time and enjoy the content. They are not saying rush to 50...just saying

Exactly, and an advantage over new twinks is the fun. I'm glad Stephen Reid is going to take action against the first waves that have used the exploit to level fast and rake in battle bags they do not deserve.

They are not going to take action against the vast majority I can assure you of that, only the exception cases that have been the worst offenders. It's such a big flaw that everyone on an unbalanced server that has been queueing has been getting it. I've been watching it part of the day on a live stream. I'm sure a significant number of people, more than they can effectively act against have gained from it by this point.

I tend to agree with several posters here, in that its the journey not the destination, but the other comment that rings true is end game, this is PvP (on PvP servers) and we are the content...level means everything from a PvP standpoint and gives these people a clear advantage.

Terrible bug to ship with.....

i love seeing multiple posts about the same comment saying the SAME DAMN THING. Nothing is more fun on forums than repetition right? Please for the love of what ever higher power u believe in, read though the whole post then comment.

no one appreciates u doing things per-maturely :D

WoW had a story, it doesn't make the first 84 levels mean anything, 1-49 are stepping stones to the real game.

WoW's story was very quiet and required you to look in other places like websites and books to get everything. That kind of story doesn't count.

i love seeing multiple posts about the same comment saying the SAME DAMN THING. Nothing is more fun on forums than repetition right? Please for the love of what ever higher power u believe in, read though the whole post then comment.

no one appreciates u doing things per-maturely :D

LMAO! So true. I must admit that I'm a tyrant for both sides, though.

Off topic: Did you mean Post-Maturely? XD

In EQ, if something like this happened you could bet there'd be a rollback, and all that exp would be taken away.

Ban might be too harsh, but a server rollback to take that exp back would be fair.

I still say a week long ban will keep them from ever doing it again.

They wont quit,

they will have plenty of fun hindering everyone in any pvp enabled zone.

Welcome to the game

It's not an MMO without rage quitting for 3 hours due to a camping jerk that has nothing better to do with his time then piss you off and keep you from completing your quest objective.

EDIT: Wow... wasn't aware that the word rick, starting with a "p," was a censored word. I could understand if you swapped the R with a D...

Edited by Fragacide

they ARE using the Warzone exploit, its freakin discraceful, they should be recieving permenant bans and XP should be removed from PVP altogether, the pvp scum-class (the elitist powerlevelers, who are doing this exploit) will use it to their grosteque advantage.

A little harsh?

Just delete those characters who obviously did this. Problem solved.

I believe it no problem. Last couple of days before the end of beta i decided to start a new sorceror, I was able to get to lvl 11 in about an hour and a half (skippin scenes) from there I easily got to lvl 19-20 ltr that day and at that point i wasn,t just power leveling I was pvp, crafting etc....

If you know where things are and how to make a questing circuit i don,t see any issue with getting that lvl in 11 hours.

And if there's a pvp exploit then that would make it that much easier to get there.

I doubt Bioware can do anything to these people because they aren't really exploiting. It's not thier fault that part of the game is broken. All that can be done is a patch in a day or more, most likely the day YOU finally get to play ahahah :).

Good, I dont want to out level the content that fast. Where is the fun in that?

Exploiters should be dealt with.

No-lifers are just making a choice. I dont really care if they invest all their time into this game.

That said, I dont know why anyone would want to fiendishly level as fast as they could the very first day the game is out. I have been looking forward to playing for a long time and plan on taking my time to enjoy the ride.

Why do people say there is no end game?? As far as i know, there are 1 or 2 raids available, pvp, crafting, hard-mode dungeons to gear up.

What other end game is there in other MMO,s that make this no end game?

Edit: and dailies for flashpoints and dailies for pvp...

Edited by sugarwalker

they ARE using the Warzone exploit, its freakin discraceful, they should be recieving permenant bans and XP should be removed from PVP altogether, the pvp scum-class (the elitist powerlevelers, who are doing this exploit) will use it to their grosteque advantage.

You sir need to have all of you XP turned off as well as your lights. I am a PvPer and I could care less about Bw's story. I think all XP should be removed from PvE. "Forced PVP for all" is my slogan! Wait, now I sound like you.

Just because BW made a mistake, you can't punish people for queuing for PvP. You sir sound like the elitist.

PS, I pre-ordered on Sept. 24th and I am not in game.

Good, I dont want to out level the content that fast. Where is the fun in that?

thats a big reason why Rift failed, everyone rushed to max level and left cause there was nothing to do. Warhammer & WoW leveling toke like 4 - 5 months to hit max level, 2-3 months if you rushed.

Edited by KazdamRass

I believe it no problem. Last couple of days before the end of beta i decided to start a new sorceror, I was able to get to lvl 11 in about an hour and a half (skippin scenes) from there I easily got to lvl 19-20 ltr that day and at that point i wasn,t just power leveling I was pvp, crafting etc....

If you know where things are and how to make a questing circuit i don,t see any issue with getting that lvl in 11 hours.

And if there's a pvp exploit then that would make it that much easier to get there.

That's my problem. Lol I made 3 characters in the beta, and I couldn't skip the scenes because I wanted to see how the different options would play out.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.