Guys playing Guy characters... Why would you?

VisionStorm

I make my character as ugly as possible.

People who try to make their character *bad**** are a dime a dozen. I like being unique. I pick the ugliest armor choices, I pick the ugliest character choices (body type 4 is pro btw).

Screw looking like some "emo wanna go cut my wrists but i'm too much of a wuss to do it" dude

so unique

I usually play a female in games where there is a third person perspective. I like to play casters or a stealthy type character, and usually the male models are muscle-bound meatheads that do not fit the character type at all. For example: the human male models in WoW are atrocious for Mages and Rogues, etc. Whereas females are lithe and agile looking. That's my opinion anyways. The body options in this game take care of the problem though, so my first character is a male. To each their own.

They're ugly, they're dull, and given the limited appearance customization options you'll be hard pressed to actually make them look bad-***, and even if you do, you'll still be staring at another guy's butt 80% of the time (vs. 90% in MMOs will no extensive cool dialogs with voice overs for almost every mission).

Inspired by this thread here... Guys playing girl characters /Discuss :p

PS: This is mostly just a joke thread about why people would even care what type of other people play.

My joke thread got closed. :( I R sad.

just like i posted in the other thread.

because i'm male and in a social game i like to be seen as male. it makes for much simpler interactions with other humans.

people should do whatever they want though. my friend is the opposite and always plays as a girl because usually the girl characters have better options visually.

They're ugly, they're dull, and given the limited appearance customization options you'll be hard pressed to actually make them look bad-***, and even if you do, you'll still be staring at another guy's butt 80% of the time

I've never understood this argument. If you're looking at your character's butt all the time, you're doing it wrong :)

If you keep looking at your Characters Butt, doesn't matter if it's a Male or Female you are in serious trouble. I usually you know, play the game instead.... Why would you look at the butt of a character in a game? You are wierd...

And making Women chars as a Man is wierd too.

LOL, that is so true.

It's like saying I collect nothing but female dolls because they are better to look at then male dolls... :eek:

I think the issue isn't your choice of dolls, it's the desire to stare at the dolls in a sexually suggestive manner.. :(

Edited by Fraxture

I pick the gender based on the vibe I get from the class. For example, my sith marauder had to be a guy. However, my consular felt more like a woman. My sniper had to be chiss, but when I started to choose the gender, the chiss female just seemed like a more interesting choice. The sexy, femme fatale sort. I like to make a character that fits the role. In this game more than any other, the story is so key that I really had to think about it.

My buddy, on the other hand, makes all his characters look just like him.

Hello all,

While we do appreciate humor on the forums, we do ask that threads are constructive. Since the thread is a mock/satire thread of another with no serious discussion of the subject, we're going to go ahead and close it.

Thank you for understanding :)