Took a 2½ year break, and it feels good to be back!

Talon_strikes

Hi everyone, glad to be back! :)

I was very critical of this game back in the day. Though it's a shame to see not much has changed in regards to PvP (and even PvE) development, I think I needed a good, long break from the game as it was getting very stale. My crummy laptop also happened to break down back then, so I kind of had to quit cold turkey too. I guess I will just play when I get the itch and switch to other games when it gets stale.

Any news on an upcoming road map? Will focus re-shift back to PvP and PvE development (finally!)? I know the game hasn't gotten anything major these past 2½ years in regards to MMO content, but I hope the devs reconsider as this game still has so much untouched potential and I still don't think it's too late.

Hehehe *He doesn't know yet* :rolleyes:

:o

I know how forum morale has been for the most part but, to be honest, SWTOR is one of the few active games of the mid-to-late 2000s era that has still managed to keep me engaged, despite all of its downfalls. I think it really helps being a huge Star Wars fan, and as aside, EA's Battlefront is no valid replacement for Star Wars PvP especially because it doesn't hold a candle to the classic Battlefront games.

I know how forum morale has been for the most part but, to be honest, SWTOR is one of the few active games of the mid-to-late 2000s era that has still managed to keep me engaged, despite all of its downfalls. I think it really helps being a huge Star Wars fan, and as aside, EA's Battlefront is no valid replacement for Star Wars PvP especially because it doesn't hold a candle to the classic Battlefront games.

If you just want to play the game through Corellia, it's great. ROTHC and SOR are ok. KOTFE is so-so and KOTET is pretty bad. Then there is the end-game gearing. It's a total mess.

And you're right, Battlefront is terrible. My wife got me 60 days of time on it and I put in 6 or 7 hours and went back to doing other things.

If you just want to play the game through Corellia, it's great. ROTHC and SOR are ok. KOTFE is so-so and KOTET is pretty bad. Then there is the end-game gearing. It's a total mess.

And you're right, Battlefront is terrible. My wife got me 60 days of time on it and I put in 6 or 7 hours and went back to doing other things.

Please keep in mind, this is an opinion. I for one, loved KOTFE/KOTET. I also love SOR/Emperor. As for the end-game gearing - yeah it's a mess. But I have faith the devs will deal with that one way or the other.

And you are both right, Battlefront is terrible. ;)

Welcome back, hope you have fun. :)

Thank you Lunafox! <3 I've been missing posting on the forums. Hope to be a regular again!

Alot of new players are coming in but alot of old players are leaving. You left the game 2 1/2 years ago and guess what? Besides a few single player chapters, theres nothing new.

Yeah, I agree with lots of vets leaving, but I do see some (like myself) coming back, but possibly changing their play style to a more casual route. I'm not really new. Been here since open beta and early access, have Collector's Edition, became a Founder, all that jazz. :)

I've been following the forums every now and then since my departure in summer of 2014 but this is one of the 2 games--the main one however--that's gonna give me my Star Wars PvP fix (the other one being Battlefront II).

Please keep in mind, this is an opinion. I for one, loved KOTFE/KOTET. I also love SOR/Emperor. As for the end-game gearing - yeah it's a mess. But I have faith the devs will deal with that one way or the other.

And you are both right, Battlefront is terrible. ;)

I'm not looking forward to the grind but thank god I do love the PvP infrastructure in this game, minus all the CC and stuns of course. ;)

As I said in the OP, I hope they re-focus on MMO content. This game was marketed as an MMO at the end of the day, not a singleplayer RPG. It should be treated as such.

Edited by Talon_strikes

I really hope you can enjoy the game and not let the toxicity of the forums get to you. While there are some serious hurdles and divisive things going on with the game it's yours to enjoy how you wish. I'm sorry your thread got derailed with negativity so fast.

Huh? It released in 2011 you stuck around for 2 years and quit for ieally 3 but it managed to keep you engaged?

Well color me confused.

The whole battlefront debate is a whole other kettle of fish heh and a perfect example of EA killing the Star Wars IP hard ( I loved the game, the season pass concept and "pay full price for a map" concept ... they can go **** themselves and it seems many agree because I get insta-pops in the vanilla content still to do this day ).

More people joining than quitting from what I can tell.

What you can tell from your sundial outside in a cloudy day you mean?

Yeah, I agree with lots of vets leaving, but I do see some (like myself) coming back, but possibly changing their play style to a more casual route.

I hope you aren't into ranked or HM+ operations then because otherwise you end up in my situation of not having anywhere enough time to even get close of getting to the 2nd tier of gearing and thus ... huge disadvantage.

Still, there is a ton of story content for you to casually consume and SM raids / warzones are bolstered so you can still enjoy those somewhat.

I really hope you can enjoy the game and not let the toxicity of the forums get to you. While there are some serious hurdles and divisive things going on with the game it's yours to enjoy how you wish. I'm sorry your thread got derailed with negativity so fast.

Lol don't worry about it, thanks. Some people here would probably actually blame me for being a part of the toxicity. :o

Still the teeny-tiny problem of no MMO content in over two years, though.

I agree. No MMO content for 2½ years is flat-out unacceptable.

Huh? It released in 2011 you stuck around for 2 years and quit for ieally 3 but it managed to keep you engaged?

Well color me confused.

The whole battlefront debate is a whole other kettle of fish heh and a perfect example of EA killing the Star Wars IP hard ( I loved the game, the season pass concept and "pay full price for a map" concept ... they can go **** themselves and it seems many agree because I get insta-pops in the vanilla content still to do this day ).

Been here since open beta; on the forums too. Kinda had to quit because my crummy laptop had broke down, but I've usually been following the forums since then, and now I'm officially back. :)

I honestly haven't even played EA's Battlefront personally but I can tell it's garbage. I'd rather stick to my 10 yr old Battlefront II game. It's a lot more fun than the modern Battlefront will ever be.

I hope you aren't into ranked or HM+ operations then because otherwise you end up in my situation of not having anywhere enough time to even get close of getting to the 2nd tier of gearing and thus ... huge disadvantage.

Still, there is a ton of story content for you to casually consume and SM raids / warzones are bolstered so you can still enjoy those somewhat.

Virtually all I do in this game is play PvP and dress-up, so I think I'm good. :p

Edited by Talon_strikes

I quit the end of last summer, got hyped for 5.0 and subbed, hit the grind, cancelled sub, re-subbed, hit the grind, spent 150 mil on 240 gear, hit the grind, realized how stupid SWTOR's endgame grind is now, cancelled sub, picked up The Division again, I get gear grinding The Division, I am happy now that I get gear for playing a game I like, R.I.P. SWTOR, the end.

I quit the end of last summer, got hyped for 5.0 and subbed, hit the grind, cancelled sub, re-subbed, hit the grind, spent 150 mil on 240 gear, hit the grind, realized how stupid SWTOR's endgame grind is now, cancelled sub, picked up The Division again, I get gear grinding The Division, I am happy now that I get gear for playing a game I like, R.I.P. SWTOR, the end.

Sorry to hear that Zeta. I remember you were zealously positive about this game in the past. I hope the devs make some changes that'll convince you to come back in the future. :(

I wish you the best in your gaming endeavors!

Welcome back!

Despite the frustrations and disappointments players post about on the forums, we're all here because we enjoy this game in some way. I hope it keeps you entertained for a long time to come!!! :)

Me too Tuxxy, thanks! :)

I think the most important thing everyone who isn't overly critical of this game should realize is this: sometimes a game's most vocal critics are its most staunchest supporters. Our MO here isn't to hate, or troll; we're simply being hard on the developers because we WANT this game to be better in every way it can, we WANT it to succeed. Blindly defending won't help development, it'll simply hinder it.

Welcome back! I took a break myself and I am really enjoying all the new content.

Thank you! I'm glad to hear that! I think if I start getting "overly bitter", so to speak, about the way things are going with this game (or any other game, really) I will simply take a break and play other games. I wouldn't want to drown a forum in excessive and nonconstructive criticism. I've went way too far in the past and overreached when I was sorely disappointed in the development of a game, and I ended up getting in trouble with other players and sometimes even the people who serve as community mods and admins. To say I regretted it is an understatement, so I'm trying my best to work on it and trying not to post from emotion TOO much. I really enjoy posting in a game's forums and be a voice in these communities. :)