The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Final plea about Jedi robes. Simple, realistic. All models already in. Only retex.

Hello. Yes, you know what this is about. This is my LAST thread about Jedi robes. I give up. My subscription will run out in bit over 30 days, I do wish to get a reason to sub back, these robes being one.

When doing DvL bosses two weeks ago I stumbled upon an NPC wearing Exiled Master's chest piece with hood down. I got extremely annoyed as there is not a single long robe with hood down in the game and the only model is restricted to an NPC. I'd really like to see that one available for players and for it to come with a retexture of the "skirt" leg model (such as Dark Advisor) so it fits the chest piece. This would solve the clipping and stretching issues associated with the horrible conal dress and make a very nice set. It would also make Exiled Master's piece with hood up fit the pants so we can get up/down variants.

I hope that my dream will some day come true and game will get better in other aspects.

With that said here is my request on image:

http://i.imgur.com/7gs7e7R.jpg

UPDATED, CLEARER: http://i.imgur.com/EsWEb7E.jpg

Much desired KotOR 2 robes for reference, which would be very close to the requested item:

Please, I fail to see how this may affect any kind of licensing rubbish. Everything required is already in the game, it just needs a slight retex.

Bye all. :jawa_frown::jawa_frown: I hope to get this simple reason to come back. This is literally about an hours for an experienced texture artist as all the models are already in the game.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also knew who it was posting before reading the post simply by the request.

I hope you get your wish Alec. I hope you get your long robes with the hood down. About the pants though, you could get different pants than those shown and colour match them, right?

There is a Dark Side set that comes with collecting the dark side points and I'd love if it had the hood down too. It would be nice if they offered both. Light side has the hood down, but alas, the toon I want it for, is dark side.

But anyways, I know this is important to you and to others and I hope you get it. :)

Here's hoping, OP. Miracles do sometimes happen.

I have lost faith after 5 years. I gave up. I am very sad over this. This has been literally my number one problem with the game. It's sad because this one is very easy to solve and all my requests were ignored over the years. I wouldn't have a problem with staying subscribed for the rest of game's days if this one simple, iconic and period-accurate Star Wars piece of clothing was in a Star Wars game. Please do not get into debates over this. We all know that there is not a single reason for them not to be in the game.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Alec... my soldier in war about Jedi Robes :D.

Don't worry. Im sure they will add "OUR" robes to the game before closing server to get last dollars.:rak_04:

For now let them trolling Us with our weak-trying to get some classics:

http://i.imgur.com/DeaS573.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/fO8aVLD.jpg

Looks dumb as hell.

Edited by tummiswtor

I want these ones, and the Jedi robes from the prequels so badly. The main reason I don't play a Jedi Knight or a Jedi Consular is because I can not find an outfit that I enjoy wearing on them. If I had these robes I would immediately work to have max ranked Guardian, Sentinel, Sage, and a Shadow. It's crazy but it's the way I am with Jedi.

Come on BioWare!

I want these ones, and the Jedi robes from the prequels so badly. The main reason I don't play a Jedi Knight or a Jedi Consular is because I can not find an outfit that I enjoy wearing on them. If I had these robes I would immediately work to have max ranked Guardian, Sentinel, Sage, and a Shadow. It's crazy but it's the way I am with Jedi.

Come on BioWare!

I feel exactly the same. I was putting away leveling Jedi for a year after game released until Valiant set showed up, the only half-decent and hood down armor set available to j/k!

Hello. Yes, you know what this is about. This is my LAST thread about Jedi robes. I give up. My subscription will run out in bit over 30 days, I do wish to get a reason to sub back, these robes being one.

When doing DvL bosses two weeks ago I stumbled upon an NPC wearing Exiled Master's chest piece with hood down. I got extremely annoyed as there is not a single long robe with hood down in the game and the only model is restricted to an NPC. I'd really like to see that one available for players and for it to come with a retexture of the "skirt" leg model (such as Dark Advisor) so it fits the chest piece. This would solve the clipping and stretching issues associated with the horrible conal dress and make a very nice set. It would also make Exiled Master's piece with hood up fit the pants so we can get up/down variants.

I hope that my dream will some day come true and game will get better in other aspects.

With that said here is my request on image:

http://i.imgur.com/7gs7e7R.jpg

Much desired KotOR 2 robes for reference, which would be very close to the requested item:

Please, I fail to see how this may affect any kind of licensing rubbish. Everything required is already in the game, it just needs a slight retex.

Bye all. :jawa_frown::jawa_frown: I hope to get this simple reason to come back. This is literally about an hours for an experienced texture artist as all the models are already in the game.

I must agree, looking for that myself for a long time.

You know what's funny and sad? I can actually get this done myself or have someone to do it for me as it is possible for people to retexture models in the game, which I do not condone since it is against tos, so only they can see them differently. They already do nude mods. Is simple retex for legs to match a hood down model (which is already in the game) so difficult to do? -_-

Why are they so persistent in refusing to include an ICONIC Star Wars outfit in a Star Wars game where there is absolutely no timeline conflict with existing canon and there are so many fan requests? They absolutely ravaged the game with 5.0 changes, lots of people are quitting and they're not even willing to fulfil this very simply and old request.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Yeah. 3 streams in row me and few people spam we want robes (Yeah Alec You was there too!:) ) - none of 3 dream team members noticed that, not even one word "no, becouse...."

Also a lot spam about new ops and more important things...

One guy wrote "Cool beard Charles" or something like that becouse Charles said "OoooOoo someone on chat like my Beard ahahaha"

Pathetic. :mad:

Edited by tummiswtor

You know what's funny and sad? I can actually get this done myself or have someone to do it for me as it is possible for people to retexture models in the game, which I do not condone since it is against tos, so only they can see them differently. They already do nude mods. Is simple retex for legs to match a hood down model (which is already in the game) so difficult to do? -_-

Why are they so persistent in refusing to include an ICONIC Star Wars outfit in a Star Wars game where there is absolutely no timeline conflict with existing canon and there are so many fan requests? They absolutely ravaged the game with 5.0 changes, lots of people are quitting and they're not even willing to fulfil this very simply and old request.

Because they are oblivious. Completely detached from what their consumer want.

Come on BW. Throw the man a bone already. Make the set he is requesting and put it in Cartel Market for 1440cc and make some crazy money. It is only logical.

Well that is what some pointy eared bastard would say ;)

Nice. I havent noticed that... maybe becouse i don't buy any CC items since Exiled Master robes.

That one simply felt like a troll and a middle finger. Similar were requested dozen of times with long tunic and visible pants instead of of the clipping and stretching terrible leg dress and a with hood down as well. There is not a single long-sleeve robe that has hood down.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

That one simply felt like a troll and a middle finger. Similar were requested dozen of times with long tunic and visible pants instead of of the clipping and stretching terrible leg dress and a with hood down as well. There is not a single long-sleeve robe that has hood down.

... and belt hidden under robe, and no armor parts. Yeah.