Quinn Problems

Nelltarion

Hello, guys! Now, I've been following all the Quinn hype and decided to give the guy a try (was previously using Vette and then Jaessa). I am a 33 Carnage Marauder and admittedly Quinn is not very well geared, his equipment is composed solely of quest rewards, no blue/orange items.

That said, I don't really see THAT much of a difference when using him over Jaessa. He has little to no dps and I rarely leave a fight with more than 60% HP. However, my main problem is not the effectiveness of his heals, but more the lack of such. What I mean by that is, often times I notice that I am sitting at 30-40% and Quinn is not initiating a heal, but firing his blaster or just idling. And no, his heals arent on cooldown, + I have ALL his damage dealing attacks turned off.

What's wrong? Am I missing an option that puts him into a healing mode or something ? (yep, his healing presence is ON) Or is he THAT much reliant on gear?

Hello, guys! Now, I've been following all the Quinn hype and decided to give the guy a try (was previously using Vette and then Jaessa). I am a 33 Carnage Marauder and admittedly Quinn is not very well geared, his equipment is composed solely of quest rewards, no blue/orange items.

That said, I don't really see THAT much of a difference when using him over Jaessa. He has little to no dps and I rarely leave a fight with more than 60% HP. However, my main problem is not the effectiveness of his heals, but more the lack of such. What I mean by that is, often times I notice that I am sitting at 30-40% and Quinn is not initiating a heal, but firing his blaster or just idling. And no, his heals arent on cooldown, + I have ALL his damage dealing attacks turned off.

What's wrong? Am I missing an option that puts him into a healing mode or something ? (yep, his healing presence is ON) Or is he THAT much reliant on gear?

He's quirky. That's really all I can say about it.

Pretty much the min I got Quinn I used him until I just got Williams. Normally he does fine, even if you just keep him geared with quest rewards. Even in all greens he has hit me with heals for over 1k. And if you are specced right, you shouldn't need him to dps at all really. You should be able to burn the mobs down fast enough by yourself, and just let him keep you up. Also make sure he is on Medwatch, and always keep mobs off of him. If he is getting attacked he defends and heals himself and really doesn't help you at all.

Now that is all normally, but there are those others times, where he will get attacked once, and will keep fighting the whole time never throwing out a heal. And then there are those moments where he for whatever reason doesn't seem to think you need a heal until you are almost dead. These can and do happen, but I found them to be exception and not the rule. When he is being a healtard, just bring up the controls and force him to heal you. It saved my Star Wars life more than once.

There are minor quirks with him but IMO it isn't a Quinn Medicine Man problem. It is the 30s in general. I was rolling through everything no matter the companion till about 30. Now each trash mob fight either goes long with Quinn or fast but forced to heal between fights with other companions.

I finally took Williams and he at least takes half the damage in a fight and deals decent damage. I can often go two mobs between heals with him and he is far less likely to flake from my experience.

My current plan to 50 is to be noticeably higher level than the content and keep trucking through it. More grinding but less down time raging. This is important to me since I want to feel like a powerful Sith on trash mobs. Sadly the boss fights are usually far easier than the trash fights.

Edited by Straegen