Missed Opportunities in Storylines?

Wisemandragonexx

I just recently finished the Jedi Consular storyline. After playing through the romance with Iresso, I learned that he actually has a sith holocron imprinted into his brain. Unless I clicked the wrong options, once you find that out, it doesn't actually go anywhere. This feels like a missed opportunity for what could have been a pretty interesting story.

Anyone else feel this way, or have similar experiences?

Some stories were probably planned originally to pan out in later expansions. What happened however is that TOR had a disastrous launch, it went free-to-play in record time, and most of the development team was laid off. A consequence of all that is that class stories disappeared from the game.

The disappearance of class stories is likely why Iresso's Sith holocron story is never resolved. Another example might be Ashara, who the Sith Inquisitor never converts fully to the dark side. It's possible that was intended to play out over a longer arc than it did with Jaesa, and it ultimately didn't happen because of the loss of class stories.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

I think Trooper had a plot going with Jorgan, that they forgot about, where you were going to break into some Imperial prison.

That plot was actually resolved. Spoilers ahoy,

You didn't go to the prison, because there is no evidence it even exists. The SIS was funneling soldiers towards it in the vague hopes they MIGHT find it. You and Jorgan find and break up one of the SIS operations that was doing so, rescuing what's left of Jorgan's squad while you're at it.

But... yeah, there seems to be something in every story that could've made for a fantastic sub-plot, except it was never explored. I guess that's what headcanon and imagination are for? :c