Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Worst ingame community ever.

Dreez

I'll second BC as having a pretty civilized community. The trolls exist, especially on Coruscant and DK, (Fleet's kind of iffy sometimes too), but usually questions get answered eventually. It's nothing like the utter cesspool of the Harbinger--and it sounds like nothing's improved since I left it two years ago.

Anyway, if you're thinking of rolling a new toon on BC, hit up my current juggy Ibishha either in game or by mail, and I'll see if I can help get you started into speederland (pubside, eventually I'll be back to my commando Jussyne). Hint: you can get a multi-level adaptable speeder by running Black Talon/Esseles flashpoints solo on the Fleet.

To anyone who justifies trolling: who cares if the game is five years old? New players exist, and Gen Chat is a valuable tool for them to get their questions answered. If you're irritated or annoyed by questions, don't answer. Simple. The speeder question gets asked a lot because the in-game help is completely useless and out of date. A new player, short of googling everything, has no way of finding out current and accurate information without asking.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dromund Kaas is legendary. I think it's the power of the Dark Temple slowly brainwashing all residents.

Also it's such a well known discussion swamp that people are often throwing in Trump/Hillary or religious topic baits just to keep the DK chat legend alive:-D.

Don't forget the topics about gays, the males in particular. Sometimes I just don't know what I'm reading anymore!!!

There's no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid answers.

All The Best

Asking a clearly fat person if he's fat is a stupid question tbfh.

Edited by Eshvara

Play WoW for half an hour and ask questions in trade chat.

That is, ask a question when the chat isn't being spammed by Thunderfury, butt and Harembe spam. Because that is what is, 24/7.

SWTORs community is tame when compared to WoWs.

Dromund Kaas is not at all a representation of what the community might look like. That is if you were to join a guild. There are enough good guilds around that will help you with the smallest things, from questions about speeder vendor to other stuff. Dromund Kaas is a toxic wastedump, as are the starter planets or the fleets, who have a crapload of keyboard warriors on them.

My advice would be join a guild, and you'll never have that kind of trouble again.

Most of the time droomund kaas is either completely silent or people randomly saying hi. The only time it gets loud its when some ****** steals the elite for the temple H2. Other than that its actually pleasent there.

The fleet is much worse EVERY DAY.

The "forums community" is way, waaaaaaay worse

At least the ingame community is actually PLAYING the game

With my 8 years of wow forum experience and over a year here, I disagree.

People on the forum generally have a problem of confusing criticism with whining, there are troll posts, smartbutts and clueless people without a life. Just like fleet chat. Droomund kaas and coruscant usually have clueless people and long timers in their strongholds who occasionally troll the clueless :D

I definitely don't agree with that. The experience I have in the newcomer areas is nothing but positive. Plenty of exceptionally helpful and patient players whenever you're in need of something.

The WoW community is beyond toxic in comparison.

Ah, but it's home, isn't it?

For those of us who play out of our strongholds, yes it is.

One of these days, I'll finish up the business area of my Tatoonine stronghold and move my characters over there.

Edited by dr_mike

Started playing yesterday after having my doubt since launch... today i decided against all judgement

to go subscriber to gain more benefits because i did like it somewhat... and it was 13$.

But today i've been running around in Kaas city for 1 hour trying to locate the trainer for speeder,

and everytime i've asked in general chat for help, i've been trolled by all players who actually responded.

I come from Warframe where, if you ask a question, you get instantly 5-6 ADULT REPLIES to the direct

solution to the problem. But in this game, is appears to be only trolls and immature players.

Starting to regret that 13$ spent.

Wait...you've been playing since launch and JUST subbed for your first month...and you're regretting paying $13?? Wow lol...WOW!

People who have played for much longer still say the same thing.

Fair enough.

I've played for awhile too, on Ven Zallow > Jung Ma > Jedi Covenant and the communities IMHO have been pretty good over the years on the ones I've been a part of. These days (on Jedi Covenant), PVPers say "gg" and PVEers say "ty hf" at the end of matches and I often see people answer questions.

Of course, there are a bunch of rude and mean people too.

Fair enough.

I've played for awhile too, on Ven Zallow > Jung Ma > Jedi Covenant and the communities IMHO have been pretty good over the years on the ones I've been a part of. These days (on Jedi Covenant), PVPers say "gg" and PVEers say "ty hf" at the end of matches and I often see people answer questions.

Of course, there are a bunch of rude and mean people too.

I generally see the rude players on the empire, I'm sure reps have some rotten apples too, but the empire is ahead by miles.

I havent however noticed much rude players on the Empire of the progenitor, just TRE, and TFN is pretty dead so. ;/

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.