The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Stop giving us countless reskins of unpopular stuff. Modify popular items!

I'd like to request the team to stop giving us countless reskins of poor, bad and unpopular sets, mostly vanila and cheap bronze items.

There are so many good-looking sets which are popular among players, many of them would be so much more attractive with some modifications. I don't understand why re-release bad sets with some modifications but not make any variations of existing stuff. Hood down pieces, no backpacks etc. It would be so nice. For example i'd totally dig:

Havoc Squad armor without backpack

Exiled Master set with hood down and reskinned loyal advisor legs to match the chest.

KotOR 1 robe (Vrooks) in a different colour palette and without the neckwrap.

Loyal Adherent without neckwrap.

Ajunta Pall with no funny orange stuff - that tunic is beautiful - could do with an extra tabard.

Malgus set with Hood down, fixed shoulder pads.

Temple Guardian Variation with hood down (as seen on npcs) and missing pieces from original concept art (http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/SWTOR_TempleGuardianRobes.jpg)

Exiled Knight with long sleeves, retex and no armor pieces.

Dark Advisor with no metal pieces, long sleeves, turtle neck.

Martial Pilgrim with no wrapping and no shoulder pads and out-of-place hood.

RELNEX SET with missing attachments, so basically fixed: http://i.imgur.com/6qwqxnW.jpg

Sith Recluse look-a-like with less / different attachments and no floating droid.

etc etc

Can we get Lore and popular set reskins variations rather than countless old, nasty sets?

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

i'd like to request the team to stop giving us countless reskins of poor, bad and unpopular sets, mostly vanila and cheap bronze items.

There are so many good-looking sets which are popular among players, many of them would be so much more attractive with some modifications. I don't understand why re-release bad sets with some modifications but not make any variations of existing stuff. Hood down pieces, no backpacks etc. It would be so nice. For example i'd totally dig:

Havoc squad armor without backpack

exiled master set with hood down and reskinned loyal advisor legs to match the chest.

Kotor 1 robe (vrooks) in a different colour palette and without the neckwrap.

Loyal adherent without neckwrap.

Etc etc

can we get lore and popular set reskins variations rather than countless old, nasty sets?

give more platinums

give more platinums

Could use some decent platinum sets. Provided they're nice. But I mean.. Really. It's request for reskins. They love reskins and it could be easy money for them. I made this thread after talking to players who would be delighted to see their favorite sets re-released with some variations, like mentioned in the examples. We don't need a fourth elegant duelist recolour, there are many out there who'd like KotOR 1 robes with no neckwraps or simply a havoc squad set with no backpack.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I'd rather not have any reskins if it can be helped. It's tremendously lazy and a crappy way to carry on the tradition set by the Silent Ghost's Set / Fearless Hunter's set. (Great Armors that were /bronze/.) If we could though, there are a few armor pieces that would be *Fantastic* if their model was altered slightly.

+ Removing the lights from the hand armor of the Tranquil Mystics set would be great.

+ Removing the 'Horns' from the Revered Seer's Helmet.

+ Give us a version of the Drifter Helmet that is ONLY the mask.

+ Give the Drifter Breastplate's shoulder cape some actual physics.

There'e probably others that I can't think of... But that's my list!

• 2 weeks later...
Guess it depends on what you like. Nothing on your list do I like nor do I like some of the new armor so the problem they have is figuring out what people like.

What one person likes someone else might not.

There are barely any lore set and popular and sought-after item set reskins. It's all generic trash. :l

There are barely any lore set and popular and sought-after item set reskins. It's all generic trash. :l

That is your opinion.

The poster to whom you responded was saying that what one person likes, someone else may not and vice versa.

The fact that you may not like a given outfit does not make it "trash".

I absolutely agree with you about this - there are so many sets which are 'almost' good, and would be with a few tweaks here and there.

And while were at it, can we please - PLEASE - do something about the 'bald head syndrome' with hats and hoods. It can't be impossible to add a hint of hair to these models, can it? I hate the problem so much, and don't buy any sets where this happens. It looks so rubbish.

Hasten to add there's nothing wrong with having a bald head if you want one/have one!

Throw in any suggestions you may have. This is primarly aimed at popular and lore sets to receive tweaks and reskins and perhaps cheaper versions instead of countless generic and nasty things. So basically more good-looking cheap items instead of this:
Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Agreed, OP. Less re-skins, less armour that makes you look like a KISS cover band and more items suggested in this forum, please :)

That made me laugh out loud.

It is also an accurate description of a lot of the armor designs in this game.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco