Merc not OP enough

Tibi-Fit

...Why, exactly? I was doing the exact same thing as a Commando at 55. Nothing new.

This nerf request is for pvp. Mercs and mandos are too OP, two of them in the same team can win a match. They have a lot of awesome defensive cooldown and a powerful rotation. Also the solution could be buff other classes, like Sages/Sorcs(DPS).

This nerf request is for pvp. Mercs and mandos are too OP, two of them in the same team can win a match. They have a lot of awesome defensive cooldown and a powerful rotation. Also the solution could be buff other classes, like Sages/Sorcs(DPS).

My point was that using an example of something we could do 15 levels ago doesn't prove us to be OP. Heck, my Sentinel can do basically the same thing as in the linked vid.

We killed a commando today. We were two on him and he was moving like he was eating a sandwich with his other hand, but we're still proud of our exploit.

Its not that hard to kill most of them.

In regs, I was solo guarding a node in alderaan with my deception assassin (the sole node we had, team was getting rolled mid and on grass) when two arsenal merc came by. Maybe they lacked a few of their cooldown, but still, sent both limping away by smart use of ccs and burst, they never had an occasion to both align their burst on me. The two players were one I didnt know, and one who I consider of "average" skill, meaning he'll do ok, but won't turn the tide by coming onto the field.

And when I'm myself on my merc, or on my sniper, I typically wreck them.

What most people fail to see is their reflect DOES have a weakness and they are so sure they'll be invulnerable for the next 6 seconds, they'll sometimes fail to defend themselves in time when damage keep coming in.

I'm not saying merc dont need a slight tune down (they really ARE a bit overtuned) but not as big a nerf as many people claim. The reflect, for sure should stay as it is.

Edited by verfallen

Its not that hard to kill most of them.

In regs, I was solo guarding a node in alderaan with my deception assassin (the sole node we had, team was getting rolled mid and on grass) when two arsenal merc came by. Maybe they lacked a few of their cooldown, but still, sent both limping away by smart use of ccs and burst, they never had an occasion to both align their burst on me. The two players were one I didnt know, and one who I consider of "average" skill, meaning he'll do ok, but won't turn the tide by coming onto the field.

And when I'm myself on my merc, or on my sniper, I typically wreck them.

What most people fail to see is their reflect DOES have a weakness and they are so sure they'll be invulnerable for the next 6 seconds, they'll sometimes fail to defend themselves in time when damage keep coming in.

I'm not saying merc dont need a slight tune down (they really ARE a bit overtuned) but not as big a nerf as many people claim. The reflect, for sure should stay as it is.

But if there is a good merc Reflect is OP. I dont believe Reflect is needed and should be removed.

Using CD reduction of Shield + clicking the icon on tray to release the stacks is enough.

But if there is a good merc Reflect is OP. I dont believe Reflect is needed and should be removed.

Using CD reduction of Shield + clicking the icon on tray to release the stacks is enough.

you still haven't figured how to deal with reflect? read the ability carefully.

Edited by verfallen

you still haven't figured how to deal with reflect? read the ability carefully.

I play EW Merc. In the worst scenario is a "leave me alone" ability ON TOP of the rest DCDs. More OP than needed

Here Kre'a describes http://dulfy.net/2017/01/04/swtor-5-0-darkness-assassin-pvp-guide-by-krea/#50_Meta_Analysis

The problem occurs when mercs stack in RWZs. Like Smashers in the old days,

Edited by Aetideus

This. I LOVE this. Why? Because this person was used to just wailing on a merc until it was dead. The changes make it so you have to actually PAY ATTENTION to what the merc can do and what to use.

This is the majority. You've had mercs to focus easily in pvp for what, 3 years? We have some teeth finally and now your mad. LoL. Start paying attention.

This. I LOVE this. Why? Because this person was used to just wailing on a merc until it was dead. The changes make it so you have to actually PAY ATTENTION to what the merc can do and what to use.

This is the majority. You've had mercs to focus easily in pvp for what, 3 years? We have some teeth finally and now your mad. LoL. Start paying attention.

Don't you want to have Stealth aswell on your merc?

Use your symapathy for PTs as well because that is what is happening. Charge -> PT dead

Edited by Aetideus

Actually since PvP is mostly about the ability to eliminate enemy healers, commandos are kinda week. We have just one CC ability on a long cooldown. I get permstunned by operatives or shadows... and it's not like I die (pretty much like everybody else), but they can keep me down for at least 6-8 seconds. I can cryo someone for two and that's it. It's more of an interrupt than hard CC actually. So yeah, I can run around dealing damage and ****, but if the enemy has a semi-competent healer... I'm just working towards their personal best, because they can outheal me everytime. Same works the other way around, when I'm the healer on my scoundrel. I fear operatives, as they can keep me out long enough for everybody else to focus down one or even two of my teammates. In my oppinion PvP is more about utility and damage than damage alone.

Don't even try to deny that Mercs are stupidly OP right now! It is really undeniable with WAY too much survivability. I really am nobody that bothers voicing my opinion here usually but damn BW you really are horrible at balancing. So often you see Mercs run around carelessly blasting people apart knowing that hey basically have 3 lives and little to be afraid in the first half a min at least.

Nerf Merc survivability right now! Get your act together on the test server. The fact that you haven't grasped that ridiculous state of this class there really makes me question if your testing methods will ever result in anything fun.

Well maybe you're right. I don't play my commando much in PvP, I prefer to play a healer, because it seems nobody else wants to and healing gets you way further than one more DPS on the team :). I do however vaguely remember preventing the enemy team from capping a node for 15-20 seconds by myself :).

Regards,

Kalantris

Agreed with the thread title

instead of 6 seconds, Responsive Safeguards should last 12...AND be on a 30 second cooldown!

Also, buff electronet.

Why am i only able to net 1 person at a time? it should be between 2-4 people netted. Lower its CD too.

Finally, i want a charge ability...I can rocket out, why can't I Rocket in?!

It's like B-Ware WANTS ME TO FAIL!!!! Make our self heals stronger and faster to activate too.

Agreed with the thread title

instead of 6 seconds, Responsive Safeguards should last 12...AND be on a 30 second cooldown!

Also, buff electronet.

Why am i only able to net 1 person at a time? it should be between 2-4 people netted. Lower its CD too.

Finally, i want a charge ability...I can rocket out, why can't I Rocket in?!

It's like B-Ware WANTS ME TO FAIL!!!! Make our self heals stronger and faster to activate too.

I was waiting for this answer

After playing quite some PvP... someoone has to say it. Suck it up. Commando is perfectly balanced. Especially compared to retarded AoE builds on operatives with tons uppon tons of utility, self healing, absorbs and who knows what else. Perfectly. Balanced.

Especially compared to retarded AoE builds on operatives with tons uppon tons of utility, self healing, absorbs and who knows what else. Perfectly. Balanced.

Troll harder.

Out of all things you brought up some "operative aoe build"? That's not even a thing and definitely nothing scary and op.