Malavai Quinn and Jaesa Willsaam for Allaince

Sukothai

Calling people racist because they don't like "diversity" shoehorned in is quite silly.

If there's a movie about Ancient Chinese history, filling it up with some Latinos or Africans for the sake of diversity is unfitting. While multiple races, sexualties and what not fit perfectly fine in a lot of movies and games, there are some where it does not. Calling people racists for not liking that says more about said person than them. Imo.

Except that he was complaining about diversity in Star Wars in which human races and ethnicities have never been a part. To add some diversity to the cast isn't shoehorning, it's correcting the all white mistakes of the past. I understand that putting a bunch of other races into a film about one race's history would be bad but this is a completely different situation.

I believe that if someone has an issue with a black lead in a film that features giant gurgling furballs and magic lightning they are probably racist.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except that he was complaining about diversity in Star Wars in which human races and ethnicities have never been a part. To add some diversity to the cast isn't shoehorning, it's correcting the all white mistakes of the past. I understand that putting a bunch of other races into a film about one race's history would be bad but this is a completely different situation.

I believe that if someone has an issue with a black lead in a film that features giant gurgling furballs and magic lightning they are probably racist.

I guess with you saying "films" I thought you were speaking in wider sense than just Star wars.

When I first heard of Finn I was certain I was going to dislike is character, and if I have to be honest his "looks" were partially a reason why. I figured he was going to adhere to a certain stereotype I myself am not fond of.

But after having seen the actual movie I thought he was one of the more interesting and fun characters.

I guess in your eyes this would make me racist. While in my opinion I was just biased.

Edited by Eshvara

I guess with you saying "films" I thought you were speaking in wider sense than just Star wars.

When I first heard of Finn I was certain I was going to dislike is character, and if I have to be honest his "looks" were partially a reason why. I figured he was going to adhere to a certain stereotype I myself am not fond of.

But after having seen the actual movie I thought he was one of the more interesting and fun characters.

I guess in your eyes this would make me racist. While in my opinion I was just biased.

To not like a character who is portraying a negative stereotype isn't racist, at least to me. To me it would be racist if literally the only reason you had for disliking him was that he was black.

To not like a character who is portraying a negative stereotype isn't racist, at least to me. To me it would be racist if literally the only reason you had for disliking him was that he was black.

No, it's just that I thought he was going to have a negative stereotype based on his looks. People would call that racism in general, whether accurate or not.

I changed my mind because he's actually a funny and interesting guy, and not what I thought (with a bias) what he would be.

Well, I finally caved yesterday and got Jaesa back from the terminal. I used the hundreds of gifts I had saved over the time she was gone and immediately got her up to rank 50. I then spent too many credits to outfit and get her back into shape.

I'm really glad I did. Looking forward to rerunning the chapters with her. Just hope the day doesn't come where a bug or two ruin her reentry into the storyline....

Cheers

My gues sis thar jaesa will either have turned to the dark completely or somehiw remained neutral. Romance companions only seem to get a"chapter" and you cant romance light side jaesa. Which means she would have to be an alliance alert.

Gault wasn't romanceable, and we got him back in the story (not an alert).

I hope that whenever Malavai and Jaesa come back, we'll be able to get them on all our characters (both factions). There really are so many potential cool story ideas for how they can bring the remaining characters back. I really hope they spend a lot of time and effort on that rather than simply flinging them back at us, alert-style. I'll probably be disappointed by whatever they end up giving us, but I can at least hope.

It would not be that hard to craft a short story to get Jaesa back.

Playing off what was already said. The story could go like this using the alliance alert.

The character gets told of a dark jedi attacking people or creatures that come near her.

So you travel to the planet and investigate and find an insane jedi deep in a cave(make it easy to instance)

After some sort of stalemate (cave collapses or you get knock out.) So you return to base and have a discussion and decide to tranquilizer her. Then while she is knocked out. You have to travel and find a jedi temple or a voss that specializes in healing the mind.

After you heal her mind there will be some conversations that will determine if you get her as light or dark side.

See a quick easy story that BW could do in order to get her back.

Gault wasn't romanceable, and we got him back in the story (not an alert).

I hope that whenever Malavai and Jaesa come back, we'll be able to get them on all our characters (both factions). There really are so many potential cool story ideas for how they can bring the remaining characters back. I really hope they spend a lot of time and effort on that rather than simply flinging them back at us, alert-style. I'll probably be disappointed by whatever they end up giving us, but I can at least hope.

Yeah someone mentioned Gault earlier, forgot about him.