CXP rank 300 ! Checking out gear

Zwirni

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so can you still get command boxes after 300 or is that it, no more possibility to get gear improvements???

if so thats kinda dumb

You still get boxes by leveling more. So each time you level you get another box but you don't get another actual level added.

Of course you have to see this as a person who is very dedicated and efficient. He reached the 300 in about 90 hours I think he mentioned. Most people will not be able to equal that.

For a person who likes to complete their gear sets before moving on to the next level this system is an absolute nightmare because the way it's been set up, there is really no realistic chance of first collecting a 230 set and then a 236 set before getting 242. When you see his gear, he probably can do pretty much any content with it, but I would get no satisfaction out of this rag doll gearing.

For a person who likes to complete their gear sets before moving on to the next level this system is an absolute nightmare because the way it's been set up, there is really no realistic chance of first collecting a 230 set and then a 236 set before getting 242. When you see his gear, he probably can do pretty much any content with it, but I would get no satisfaction out of this rag doll gearing.

Please correct if I'm wrong, but I am fairly certain that regardless of level, all of it counts as the same set. So it wouldn't matter if you were wearing say, some 230 and 234 pieces, they'd all count towards the same set bonuses if they were part of the same set. All a higher tier does is improve stats -- there aren't a bunch of different sets to collect. That would be ridiculous, lol.

Edited by TheGoblinator

Please correct if I'm wrong, but I am fairly certain that regardless of level, all of it counts as the same set. So it wouldn't matter if you were wearing say, some 230 and 234 pieces, they'd all count towards the same set bonuses if they were part of the same set. All a higher tier does is improve stats -- there aren't a bunch of different sets to collect. That would be ridiculous, lol.

You don't get it. That's fine. Just accept that not everybody is like you and therefore people can have different goals. I enjoy different things. They were possible, now they're not. That's all.

so can you still get command boxes after 300 or is that it, no more possibility to get gear improvements???

if so thats kinda dumb

You can still get boxes, every time you earn enough CXP to have re-completed level 299-300.

The system is dumb for many other reasons though.

No least that they clearly have not tested it to any significant degree.

We were told a) you'd get a crate every hour or so - most people are getting nothing of the sort, b) you'd get a full set of gear within each of the three tiers - that's not happening, and c) we were told it is "exciting", I suggest Ben and Charles need a new dictionary because they keep using that word, and I do not think it means what they think it means,

All The Best

You don't get it. That's fine. Just accept that not everybody is like you and therefore people can have different goals. I enjoy different things. They were possible, now they're not. That's all.

Um, it seemed like you had a misperception about how the sets worked, so that's what I was addressing. Not saying you can't enjoy different things, I'm not at all sure how you arrived at that lol. Are you saying the reason you're annoyed is that you have OCD about wearing different gear levels at once? That's fine, but that wasn't the point of my post.

Wow

Also,

So, after all that, you still do not have the gear needed to do NiM content that you probably could have done with the gear you already had in November.

RNG is bad, but a RNG grind with no reward at the end, no new content and not even a full set of gear, is just poor design. There is no excuse for it, and I don't want to hear anything about luck. By basing the whole thing of RNG, they designed it so players would get this far and not have all the gear, it is the way they want it to work. This is exactly what RNG gearing is supposed to do.

I'd like to thank the OP and players who push the limits of the system like him, they give us the proof of what the system is in reality and given some people's refusal to accept what RNG gearing actually means, including the devs, we need that.

This

RNG is gambling. It's designed for you to lose. This video just proved it. For most of this game's life, the gearing was fine. Sometimes it was too easy, other times it made no sense (Like NIM not dropping NIM gear), but at least you knew what you got. This system completely took that away from you and the proposed 5.1 changes really aren't much better. The devs still believe their system is the right system. Foolishly

It's pretty clear they lack respect for us, their subscribers. At this point, there's no brighter days in sight for this game and us players unless we demand change, and apparently hundreds of forum posts/threads aren't getting enough attention nor will they amount to the extent of change we need, with that being change in the personnel itself, as the current team is completely out of touch

Edited by Rollbacks

You can still get boxes, every time you earn enough CXP to have re-completed level 299-300.

The system is dumb for many other reasons though.

No least that they clearly have not tested it to any significant degree.

We were told a) you'd get a crate every hour or so - most people are getting nothing of the sort, b) you'd get a full set of gear within each of the three tiers - that's not happening, and c) we were told it is "exciting", I suggest Ben and Charles need a new dictionary because they keep using that word, and I do not think it means what they think it means,

All The Best

All true, and now I want answers and what they're going to do about it. Just adding un-assembled pieces isn't enough if you aren't geared as they promised by 300. And they did promise it, on many occasions.

All true, and now I want answers and what they're going to do about it. Just adding un-assembled pieces isn't enough if you aren't geared as they promised by 300. And they did promise it, on many occasions.

They have already said what they are going to do - add a consolation prize in the form of tokens and further RNG on the final Ops Boss (hope you get an unassembled piece).

Of course, Ben also said this was to help you get A piece you were missing and also said how after 200 levels they considered you to have gone through enough grind and you should be able to buy the boots. In other words, expect these bought pieces to have an insane command token cost (like 150 each), plus needing the success of the RNG gods on the final Op boss.

So the fixes are just making it worse. Ben has it in his head (very incorrectly), that buy attaching a Korean F2P grind (but getting you to pay for it), that this is going to extend the life of people subbing. He just cannot see the forest through the trees on this one, which is surprising considering he has been with BW Austin since the TORtanic days.

Edited by Wayshuba

This SHOULD be possible. Even in an RNG based system you should get plenty of set pieces and the worst case scenario should be that you can't complete the set because you got multiple of the same piece. Not that you grind 90 ranks and didn't get any set pieces at all. People like the OP and Jerba probably make Bioware think that the terrible % chance is justified because they got to 300 so fast, but these people put in the work. The grinded for 6-12 hours a day doing the most efficent activities, they deserve to be rank 300.

Edited by DarthZaul

People don't know the system will be changed in 4 weeks with 5.1 to let us work for specific set parts ?

And those parts will be 230s, 234s and 240s, purples, no legendary 236s or 242s, just wait and see....

Will also cost a leg and a arm in rank tokens to get :)

Hey again,

I just gotta reply to some people who are calling me "extremely unlucky" for not getting the full 240/242 set.

The truth is that I was lucky and definitely luckier than most will be. I didn't get any set-piece twice at the same gear level which I consider very unlikely. Furthermore I got NO 240 piece of something I already had the 242 version of.

I doubt that this is "coded in" because i know people with 236 set pieces who got the 234 version of it afterwards.

On a personal note, for me this grind was fun. Normally I play Diablo3 or Path of Exile once, maybe twice a year for a couple of weeks and this year I played Star Wars as my yearly dosage of grinding.

Just play the game for what it is and enjoy.

Merry christmas,

Zwirni

They have already said what they are going to do - add a consolation prize in the form of tokens and further RNG on the final Ops Boss (hope you get an unassembled piece).

Of course, Ben also said this was to help you get A piece you were missing and also said how after 200 levels they considered you to have gone through enough grind and you should be able to buy the boots. In other words, expect these bought pieces to have an insane command token cost (like 150 each), plus needing the success of the RNG gods on the final Op boss.

So the fixes are just making it worse. Ben has it in his head (very incorrectly), that buy attaching a Korean F2P grind (but getting you to pay for it), that this is going to extend the life of people subbing. He just cannot see the forest through the trees on this one, which is surprising considering he has been with BW Austin since the TORtanic days.

Did final bosses drop 8 gear pieces before in 4.0?

I kinda figured this would be the norm. Mirroring my thoughts in another thread that had been since deleted.

If your end goal is a BiS FULL set of 242 set bonus gear, the ultimate carrot on this poodoo stick (I'm not debating what it's for, or if you really need it, just the fact of actually acquiring it.)

You have to grind through Tier 1 and Tier 2, and start your planning once you hit Tier 3. Did you get enough schematics to fill voids left by RnG, do you have enough credits to buy from crafters to fill holes in your gear to keep you "viable" if you're one of the few Raiders left? 240 pieces are starting at 7 Million per mod do you have enough overhead (~175 million at current prices, for 240 mods in all slots, in case you're REALLY unlucky and received nothing)

The real depressing mess hits once you've finished rank 300. You're simply grinding, and grinding to fill holes. Relying on the blessings of RnGesus. When the Devs first said people "should" have a full set by rank 300 I nearly choked on my drink. Everyone knew better. The proposed catch up/unassembled pieces in 5.1 will not be enough.

I will never understand why they didn't incorporate the system that is used in pre-level 60 heroics. Here's your Tiered choice of blue boxes, pick one and open it. Have the RnG roll if it's blue/green/purple/purple set piece from there. That way, you're always getting some kind of armor piece and lessen the feeling of hopelessness, and also using the RnG to extend the shelf life, so when you get an upgrade, it feels like an upgrade. The heroic gear was one of the single smartest moves I've seen this company make, I've never understood why they don't follow through and expand on the good.

Keep this in mind. Say in 6 to 12 months they decide to raise the level cap again. Will there be a Tier 4, forcing people to do this all over again? This is madness, and it needs an overhaul. I'm rambling, but rabble rabble rabble.

No, each boss dropped a pre-set token, earpiece, headpiece, etc,

8 man was 1 token, 16 man was 2 tokens.

New system the bosses before final will have an escalating chance to drop a random gear token, that will need to be combined with GC currency to get a piece. Final boss with 100% chance to drop a specific gear token.

But they didn't specifically said 1 token per member , unless I misread it. It would make sense, since the others are RNG for the drop itself and the drop rate. a guaranteed token would take away the desire to ninja loot and worst case scenario everyone walks away with something as a way to mitigate RNG. But a guaranteed token per raid member could be overboard (in their eyes at least).

No, but you got 5 token drops and 5 non-set gear drops. Now you are going to get one unassembled drop from the end boss - period. Oh, and you are still going to need to have ground out so many CxP levels to get the command token requirements (which I except will be very expensive).

Stop trying to make it sound like it fixes anything. Anyone who raided regularly before knows what they are doing is a complete and utter joke which is why, despite the livestream, no one has let up.

Edited by Wayshuba

I honestly don't know how you could stand it. I haven't even opened a fraction of the crates you did and frankly . . . don't want to open anymore. If the devs were perfectly honest they would have designed the crates to look like trash cans. They would also disclose the DR on set pieces, soft cap, and everything else they obviously implemented.

It's disgusting. And yeah before anyone decides to be cute - I have unsubbed. No. Not coming back for ANY reason.

No, but you got 5 token drops and 5 non-set gear drops. Now you are going to get one unassembled drop from the end boss - period. Oh, and you are still going to need to have ground out so many CxP levels to get the command token requirements (which I except will be very expensive).

Stop trying to make it sound like it fixes anything. Anyone who raided regularly before knows what they are doing is a complete and utter joke which is why, despite the livestream, no one has let up.

They've said other bosses have a chance and they've not decided how many pieces will drop from the final boss yet.

I honestly don't know how you could stand it. I haven't even opened a fraction of the crates you did and frankly . . . don't want to open anymore. If the devs were perfectly honest they would have designed the crates to look like trash cans. They would also disclose the DR on set pieces, soft cap, and everything else they obviously implemented.

It's disgusting. And yeah before anyone decides to be cute - I have unsubbed. No. Not coming back for ANY reason.

OK I'm gonna be brutally honest with you. If there's no hope of you returning and you've unsubbed then why are you wasting your life griping about a game that you will never play again? Yes. I'm telling you to go get a life. It can't be healthy to costantly sit there spewing hatred for something that you don't play. Go outside. Breathe in fresh air. Take a walk. Call up a friend and go do something. Anything. And if your life sucks so much that you can't do any of those things then go try something new. Seriously. But don't waste your time on something you hate so much. Not worth it.

OK I'm gonna be brutally honest with you. If there's no hope of you returning and you've unsubbed then why are you wasting your life griping about a game that you will never play again? Yes. I'm telling you to go get a life. It can't be healthy to costantly sit there spewing hatred for something that you don't play. Go outside. Breathe in fresh air. Take a walk. Call up a friend and go do something. Anything. And if your life sucks so much that you can't do any of those things then go try something new. Seriously. But don't waste your time on something you hate so much. Not worth it.

The crates are ****. Utter and absolute ****. And if I feel like spending a few minutes on these forums expressing that, I will. And you don't have to like it. Maybe you should work on trying not to micromanage complete strangers' lives hmmmm?

Controlling lunatics give me the eeeby jeebies.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.