5.0 is the worst PVP balance in Swtor history.

Vektarulz

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've seen worst by far.

even if after a month, mercs are really boring to see actually, the fact that we have 125-130k life is just so much good for pvp right now imao.

so i will espect some merc adjustments (and sins) and continue to like PVping

Edited by Thaladan

For what it's worth, my complaints about swtor are that there's too much aoe cc and that heals are just silly atm - I'm in lots of matches lately where I'm seeing less than one kill per 500k dmg dealt (not killing blows, just kill ). I had at least 3 games yesterday where my charactsr did 3.5-5 million damage but ended a wz with less than 6 kills (playing single target and aoe specs). Some people like those voidstars where maybe one door drops, I call them not fun at all and I see lots of exaperated players in these games.

Mercs may be slightly too good atm but we've seen worse.

While smash monkeys did a lot of damage, they were easy to kill. Not really comparable, imo.

In a team setting or one on one they were easy, in the solo queue they were a nightmare especially if you had more then one which during their reign you usually had 5 or so.

In a team setting or one on one they were easy, in the solo queue they were a nightmare especially if you had more then one which during their reign you usually had 5 or so.

I made a living back in those days hunting them down and killing them on my Vengeance Jugg....yea 1 on 1 they were nothing special. Mercs, on the other hand...

Edited by Vember

A lot of people are complaining about mercs and they are currently OP. However, there is still a lot of stupid out there. I dusted off my merc from the DvL event leveled it to 70 and spent the weekend playing regular queue. I lost count of how many times people just keep beating on your through reflection. Seriously don't they see your health bar going up?

So while it is 80% OP it is also 20% stupidity (and frankly it might be closer to the other way around). A small change or two will get the class back in line.

Snipers need a very small adjustment also.

DPS Sorcs & Juggs need help.

I lost count of how many times people just keep beating on your through reflection. Seriously don't they see your health bar going up?

So while it is 80% OP it is also 20% stupidity (and frankly it might be closer to the other way around). A small change or two will get the class back in line.

Now, if only we could make our DoTs magically stop ticking.

I wasn't even counting when it was the dots. I had other mersc consistently hitting me with Blazing Bolts AFTER I activated.. lol

I don't even really have a problem with Merc self heals, it's the fact that they have range, ridiculous mobility, and do more damage than any melee class. To me, that's just as broken as it gets.

I don't even really have a problem with Merc self heals, it's the fact that they have range, ridiculous mobility, and do more damage than any melee class. To me, that's just as broken as it gets.

Do more damage than any melee class? Tell that to the marauders I see daily that annihilate everything. I even seen juggs that are capable of doing insane amounts of damage.

It's really going to depend on the players behind the toons but melee are more than capable of pouring out as much damage as mercs in wzs.

I aint saying mercs can't do massive damage, they can. But saying no melee can match a merc in damage just doesn't hold water, not from the matches I have seen.

Do more damage than any melee class? Tell that to the marauders I see daily that annihilate everything. I even seen juggs that are capable of doing insane amounts of damage.

It's really going to depend on the players behind the toons but melee are more than capable of pouring out as much damage as mercs in wzs.

I aint saying mercs can't do massive damage, they can. But saying no melee can match a merc in damage just doesn't hold water, not from the matches I have seen.

I can't speak for Fury, but neither Carnage or Annihilation is hitting multiple 40k anything, or even close to it. Especially not from 30 meters. Not to mention they have zero CC immunity.

Again, they weren't dominating the solo q leaderboards. Even at the height of tbe smash legacy, maras were #3 on the lbs and smash juggs were #7 or #8. Mara's were successful because of gbtf which could be on a 45 second cd and that made them very tough with pocket healers but smash in the solo q was nothing special. Right after smash and gbtf were nerfed hard (and carnage), maras went to the bottom of the boards, juggs got their ed on steroids and they took over the lbs for one season (no smash to speak of).

Again, they weren't dominating the solo q leaderboards. Even at the height of tbe smash legacy, maras were #3 on the lbs and smash juggs were #7 or #8. Mara's were successful because of gbtf which could be on a 45 second cd and that made them very tough with pocket healers but smash in the solo q was nothing special. Right after smash and gbtf were nerfed hard (and carnage), maras went to the bottom of the boards, juggs got their ed on steroids and they took over the lbs for one season (no smash to speak of).

I was referring to solo regular queue. I agree in ranked and while on a team they were not a major issue.

To anyone in denial about merc op and broken pvp in 5.0, here's proof.

http://imgur.com/a/mRykU

In huttball:

6 jug/guardians can do the same thing.

6 maras/sents can do the same thing.

6 sorc/sages can do the same thing.

6 snipers/slingers can do the same thing.

I do believe that there is a pattern emerging here.

By looking at the Alderaan screen shot, their healer did, relatively, very little healing and the mercs did very little self healing. So what that tells me is that your team had very little dps.

This wasn't a case of mercs/mandos being OP but of your team not knowing what they were doing.

In huttball:

So what that tells me is that your team had very little dps.

This wasn't a case of mercs/mandos being OP but of your team not knowing what they were doing.

It's hard to dps when your entire team is melting in 3 seconds. It's not a matter of knowing what to do, at that point it simply a math game, 3 mercs focus firing you - no amount of "skill" is going to save you, the numbers are against you at that point (unless you a class that can cloak out). Stacking mercs is nothing new btw, it was quite common to run into it in 4.0 because there damage has always been insanely good. Now they have everything else, so its god mode / auto lose if you run into it, where as before you could eek out a chance to win the match.

It's hard to dps when your entire team is melting in 3 seconds. It's not a matter of knowing what to do, at that point it simply a math game, 3 mercs focus firing you - no amount of "skill" is going to save you, the numbers are against you at that point (unless you a class that can cloak out). Stacking mercs is nothing new btw, it was quite common to run into it in 4.0 because there damage has always been insanely good. Now they have everything else, so its god mode / auto lose if you run into it, where as before you could eek out a chance to win the match.

You took my quote and removed the information that was in the middle of it so I'm not sure if you're talking about Huttball or Alderaan.

For Huttball, 3 of anything focusing you and you're going to die. Not unique to mercs/mandos nor is that screen shot proof that they are OP. As I said before 6 of anything can do that to another team.

For Alderaan it is, literally, impossible for the team being farmed at the landing zone to not have numerical superiority at one of the drop downs. Either the one on the left going grass/snow or the one going mid. The ones doing the farming, if they have all 3 nodes and no one guarding, the best they can do is an even split at the drop downs meaning that the players coming off of the speeders have a 2 to 1 advantage.

If 8 can't take out 4 then those 8 are not putting out the dps.

Of course, this is assuming that they do the smart thing and all drop down together and not in 1's and 2's and getting farmed by 3-4 enemy players at each drop down. If this is the case, then those gettign farmed were outplayed and it has nothing to do with the merc/mandos other than the fact they just happened to be on the other team.

Edited by DariusCalera

as a merc thats been around since Day 1, I for one, say about damn time we are good again.

last time I did PvP, we were just nuked and a half geared mara could melt us in seconds, Viva la survivablity

Mercs were great at 1v1 before 5.0. One of Snave's recent tournaments before 5.0 was won by a merc and that was the first time in years that the winner wasn't an Op. Mercs had problems but 1v1 wasn't it.

Mercs were great at 1v1 before 5.0. One of Snave's recent tournaments before 5.0 was won by a merc and that was the first time in years that the winner wasn't an Op. Mercs had problems but 1v1 wasn't it.

Just because someone can paint with their feet and create world class art doesn't prove that painting with toes is just as good as painting the conventional way with hands.

I have heard it all on the forums about mercs. Their legend has grown to the point where people can now recall that prior to 5.0, they were on the same level as operatives when it came to 1v1s.

Just lol at all of this.

Edited by Lhancelot

Just because someone can paint with their feet and create world class art doesn't prove that painting with toes is just as good as painting the conventional way with hands.

I have heard it all on the forums about mercs. Their legend has grown to the point where people can now recall that prior to 5.0, they were on the same level as operatives when it came to 1v1s.

Just lol at all of this.

Not sure what you mean; mercs were good at 1v1s before 5.0. 1v1 good ones beat other good players of many classes and specs at least half the time - you can find plenty of posts on this forum from experienced players saying maras wouldn't have a chance in your 1v1 scenario (but that wasn't true either). Lots of players knew that mercs were very good at duels, that was never a real complaint in the circles I listen to. Did I say they were the best? No. And they definitely had problems in ranked which matters far more than 1v1. But any argument starting with "they were weak at 1v1s" has been disproven in several tournaments and establishes that your opinion probably isn't worth much. But I already knew that - you're the guy that constantly complained about Juggs, too, when they were doing just as bad or worse than mercs on the leaderboards. Pay more attention and realize: bad player or poor performance on some matchups doesn't mean bad class (just like good player with backup doesn't mean op'd class).