SNOWBALL CANON breaks Cartel Market policy

ShadowCouncil

Please correct me if I'm wrong but, as I understand it, items sold on the Cartel Market should have no impact on gameplay? If that understanding is correct then the Life Day Snowball Cannon gives players who bought one a 3:1, policy breaking, advantage, during the Life Day event. Basically, If I throw a snowball, someone with the cannon can throw a snowball, shoot their cannon and shoot their cannon again within the cooldown of our snowballs. In the same cooldown cycle they're virtually guaranteed at least 1 parcel or decoration and 20CXP from an overheated gift droid. I've made 2 CXP levels from this event which should rightfully be 6.

Since the cannon violates the "no impact to gameplay policy" it should be made available for Cartel Market purchase each and every Life Day, at the very least, or removed from the game and refunds made to players who bought them.

Some may claim the cannon is like every other Cartel purchase and one could possibly find it for sale on the GTN. My argument is its not the same and the exorbitant pricing is justified because this item changes the gameplay. Here's a for instance, if I choose to buy a vented lightsaber or not only effects my character cosmetically. Does the vented lightsaber cost a lot on the GTN, sure. However, that lightsaber doesn't do anything to enhance my characters abilities. As I've shown above the snowball canon gives a player with one a 3:1 advantage over players without one.

Edited by ShadowCouncil
Realized CXP was affected too

Please correct me if I'm wrong but, as I understand it, items sold on the Cartel Market should have no impact on gameplay?

I don't think that's an official policy...it's more of a trend than a rule, really. I mean you can buy level 30 gear off the cartel market that has full purple stat-granting mods. Not exactly "pay to win," but clearly an example of "pay for an advantage."

I almost laughed off the comparison because the armor, you mention, is of so little value due to how fast it is out leveled and there's no real advantage to having it in the first place. The only real point to buying it is if you like the set's appearance, which is non-game impacting. However, I then realized you'd happened upon a fix I didn't think of. Just as I could easily build my own comparable set of level 31 armor they could implement a craftable snowball cannon. This would unfortunately cause them lose out on making money via the Cartel Market.

it's not just the decorations and event vendor items. For example, I've gained 3 levels of CXP from tagging Overheated Gift Droids on Nar Shaddaa and someone with a snowball cannon would have gained 9 CXP levels. That is a huge advantage anyway you look at it and your armor comparison doesn't even hold water to that outcome.

Edited by ShadowCouncil
spelling

Please correct me if I'm wrong but, as I understand it, items sold on the Cartel Market should have no impact on gameplay? If that understanding is correct then the Life Day Snowball Cannon gives players who bought one a 3:1, policy breaking, advantage, during the Life Day event. Basically, If I throw a snowball, someone with the cannon can throw a snowball, shoot their cannon and shoot their cannon again within the cooldown of our snowballs. In the same cooldown cycle they're virtually guaranteed at least 1 parcel or decoration and 20CXP from an overheated gift droid. I've made 2 CXP levels from this event which should rightfully be 6.

Since the cannon violates the "no impact to gameplay policy" it should be made available for Cartel Market purchase each and every Life Day, at the very least, or removed from the game and refunds made to players who bought them.

Some may claim the cannon is like every other Cartel purchase and one could possibly find it for sale on the GTN. My argument is its not the same and the exorbitant pricing is justified because this item changes the gameplay. Here's a for instance, if I choose to buy a vented lightsaber or not only effects my character cosmetically. Does the vented lightsaber cost a lot on the GTN, sure. However, that lightsaber doesn't do anything to enhance my characters abilities. As I've shown above the snowball canon gives a player with one a 3:1 advantage over players without one.

One could make that argument for the exp boosts on the CM, CXP boosts, etc.

Frankly it doesn't its just a boost compared to the snowballs you can buy for 1000 credits, the only benefit from the cannon is the cool down time is cut in half. Furthermore its not technically a game play, its an event that comes once a year where the things it provides are purely cosmetic and have no impact on combat in the game.

Thus your argument is invalid where its cosmetic purpose not gameplay/combat purposes.

You are wrong sir, the cooldown enables a player with a canon to earn 3 times the CXP of someone without one. That by definition effects gameplay, be it only for a seasonal event or the whole year. Not to mention the grind to get the non-impacting seasonal items is 3 times as long and the only delta is someone who just happened to be playing in 2015 vs any other year? Give me a break. There's no other item like this in the game.

As for boosts, those are always available. Make the canon Cartel Market available during the event and I will agree.

Edited by ShadowCouncil
Forgot a comment

Please correct me if I'm wrong but, as I understand it, items sold on the Cartel Market should have no impact on gameplay?

By your argument, there should be no Valor boosts, no XP boosts, no CXP boosts, or any other boosts of any kind, sold in the Cartel Market. There should also be no items sold to reduce the level needed to learn a mount, nor should there be any items sold to improve your speeder skill at an earlier level, based on your argument. All of these things have impact on gameplay, as they allow the player to move faster than others at comparable levels, or earn ingame XP and whatnot faster than others who don't have them.

Sorry, but no, your argument is rather weak, when basing it as you based it.

Again, boosts are available on the market at all times. You don't have any boosts that were locked to a certain year. Your argument doesn't hold water. Put the cannon on the market during Life Day and I agree with your premise that'd then be up to the individual to purchase or not. Edited by ShadowCouncil
spelling

Yeah not really pay to win unless they give you the option of buying the best gear directly on the shop these are all just cosmetics mostly, and as for the cannon launcher yes it is unfair, but no ones breaking any rules about it being P2W.

Straw 1: Triple the CXP of anyone not using a snowball cannon.

Straw 2: Triple the parcels of anyone not using a snowball cannon.

Straw 3: Triple the decorations (meh, not that important to me...I don't want a tree farm stronghold)

Final straw: Most of you people, who I assume have a cannon, argue that it's just a buff XP/Valor/Speeder Piloting or the like. Well here's the big problem with that analogy, those items are available for Cartel purchase by anyone. Same should go for the cannon. Bioware has made a mistake and should rectify it.

Wow, those straws look convincing. Especially compared to your cogent argument for....?

Edited by ShadowCouncil
spelling

It's weird that you guys aren't actually reading/comprehending what the OP is saying. Several times he's said the cannon is NOT on the market and the boosts ARE available to everybody. If your reading comprehension is this bad maybe you shouldn't post on the forums.

I think the OP has a point. You guys want to make fun but the cannon is no longer available and now that BW has tied it to cxp some have advantages to faster cxp than others: quicker/easier set piece possibilites, jawa crafting junk, etc. It has nothing to do with the holiday gifts as pay to win as those are cosmetic. Go to Nar Shaddaa at night and see the cannons gaining twice the cxp over the non cannons. I'm quite pleased, but is this fair? If you don't have a cannon and don't care then I don't. I've made some quick cxp levels in short time. :confused:

It does end in January but it is also weird that BW didn't include it in the CM this year.

Winter Warrior is in the game. Bought one off GTN a few weeks back. I believe it's in the chance cubes. It's platinum so it's very rare.

Edited by Zerileth
addition

You are wrong sir, the cooldown enables a player with a canon to earn 3 times the CXP of someone without one.

How exactly is it three times? The cooldown on the cannon is 7 and the snowball is 15.

Learn some math if you are going to try hyperbolic manoeuvre in the forum.

If you really think running around zapping droids with snowballs or a snowcannon is the fastest path to Cxp.... LOL.

It's weird that you guys aren't actually reading/comprehending what the OP is saying. Several times he's said the cannon is NOT on the market and the boosts ARE available to everybody. If your reading comprehension is this bad maybe you shouldn't post on the forums.

The only people with a semi-valid complaint here would be people who were not here for last years event. Anyone who was, and cared about the cooldown... bought one, and unlocked it across their account so all characters have access to it any time.

Given the OPs forum number, he does not fit the aggrieved group.

Edited by Andryah

The only people with a semi-valid complaint here would be people who were not here for last years event. Anyone who was, and cared about the cooldown... bought one, and unlocked it across their account so all characters have access to it any time.

Given the OPs forum number, he does not fit the aggrieved group.

Ok let's do some homework here... Please tell me what this thread is about in 1 or 2 sentences. I'm really curious to get your answer.

How exactly is it three times? The cooldown on the cannon is 7 and the snowball is 15.

Learn some math if you are going to try hyperbolic manoeuvre in the forum.

If you really think running around zapping droids with snowballs or a snowcannon is the fastest path to Cxp.... LOL.

That's not pertinent to the post or what he's trying to convey here. Like above, please do some homework too here. What is the original post about in your own words... 1 or 2 sentences please. Thank you.

Sarcasm ahead: and no getting 20 cxp every 5 to 15 seconds doesn't beat 2 cxp grinding elites somewhere. While you're waiting for a FP or Op? Seriously check it out.

• Like 1