us VS them....why?

jjazt

It feels like Us v. Them because "they" do not play the game. This is painfully obvious anytime they try to show us "content". They do not enjoy their own product, they do not actually keep their finger on the pulse of their customer base. Ultimately they are entirely removed from reality as it relates to this community.

Sadly, I think this is true, they don't have the passion for it that we do and it shows. They don't know what makes the game tick, or what makes us happy. It's 'work' for them, and it shows. I've seen very little that indicates they have any sort of joy or passion in producing this game.

I assure you there is very REAL grind in the new GC system. I have a high tolerance for grinding so it doesn't bother me much.

What does bother me is why I am grinding. Currently I am grinding because I have nothing else to do. The grind itself seems pointless because unlike other games where I need to grind to get a piece of armor strong enough to beat boss X, there is nowhere else to go. I don't need super strong armor because I have no content in which to use it.

I desperately wish the devs would take a look at quality of life improvements in the game. It seems like they nerf everything to death until it isn't fun to play anymore.

So, you do agree that "the grind" is there because you have decided to put it there, though, right? It is not necessary.

I agree, whether it is something as simple as a set of achievements or a bunch of titles, there is nothing as such to target for, other than the "BiS" gear. This same quandary was there in 4.0 too, but with the veneer of a reward, ie: vaguely better, but still ultimately unnecessarily better, though very neglibly better gear.

This to me is why the devs simply aren't THAT fussed about the apparent and supposed hatred towards CXP crates, because frankly to 95% of the player base, they are folly anyway, they might not realise that, but it is (the difference between 224 and 230 full sets is just over a single augment, these are not significant amounts, not for the types of players that have been shouting the loudest)... that 5% (if its that much, and I doubt it is) would be made up of players that haven't done pvp or ops before 5.0 dropped (ie: those that don't have a baseline suit of set bonus gear, whether its 204 or 224). MMO's constantly change, especially in ways to gear, and it reflect the necessity of that gear, often. It simply doesn't really matter that much. It's easy and arbitrary because its just not really needed, imho.

What I do like about the cxp system and it will only b fleeting, is that it gives me a brief track for my main char to follow in some respect. Like most players I suspect their main I the only char if any that does everything, and since the first few months and aside from the level cap increases the character never really receives any experience as such. Everything has also been pushed towards this character from the legacy alts... and in that respect its quite nice, for once, to be leading with a main character. I'm sure it will wear off. Just depends on how you choose to view it.

Edited by leehambly

Sadly, I think this is true, they don't have the passion for it that we do and it shows. They don't know what makes the game tick, or what makes us happy. It's 'work' for them, and it shows. I've seen very little that indicates they have any sort of joy or passion in producing this game.

This has been evident, to me, since one of the first cantinas when the devs were doing backflips over the number of players that had reached Legacy 50, when in the game at the time legacy 50 equated to something like 3 or 4 characters to max level. I don't know if it was false praise (or what?) but the in-game expected baseline end-game character requires a full set of all 7 supporting alt classes having finished their class story, which would probably put you way beyond 100. I don't necessarily understand their expectations at times.

Edited by leehambly