Lethality: Toxic Haze DoT spread idea

La_Frite

Hi all,

What do you think about a Toxic Haze DoT spread based on the Lethal Proliferation discipline passive point.

Lethal Proliferation:

Toxic Haze spreads your Corrosive Dart to the target it damages, as long as it damages at least one target already affected by your Corrosive Dart. Additionaly, Toxic Haze no longer requires or consumes Tactical Advantage (and his cooldown is reduced by 3 seconds).

Lethality is the only DoT spec hasn't a 360° DoT spread mechanic, a free Toxic Haze (with optional idea of a reduced cooldown) could be the solution.

Edited by La_Frite

Lethality is the only DoT spec hasn't a 360° DoT spread mechanic, a free Toxic Haze (with optional idea of a reduced cooldown) could be the solution.

Lethality isn't a dot spec any more than Concealment is, so a dotspread really doesn't serve much purpose unless they completely redesign the spec to a focus on DoT damage. (which I would hate.)

Still, Toxic Haze is a bit clunky as it is, I rarely have a TA left to spend, so any utility that comes with a way to use Toxic Haze without wasting a TA (=CA) would be welcome.

Edited by Mubrak

A better dotspread would serve no purpose?

If lethality isn't a dot spec but merely a "Debuffed-based-damage-spec," surely having a way to spread those debuffs to multiple targets will ease target switching and be a real asset.

I think OP's solution could be pretty nice, actually. the Area of effect would be pretty massive, because I think toxic haze would be the only dotspread mechanic with an 8m radius.

This solves the the problem of cone aoe spread without the 30m range dotspread tied to corrosive grenade, which I've heard the devs do not want for lethality.

Edited by Zunayson

Lethality isn't a dot spec any more than Concealment is, so a dotspread really doesn't serve much purpose unless they completely redesign the spec to a focus on DoT damage. (which I would hate.)

Still, Toxic Haze is a bit clunky as it is, I rarely have a TA left to spend, so any utility that comes with a way to use Toxic Haze without wasting a TA (=CA) would be welcome.

It helps with a target switch, so it's not entirely pointless - saves 2 gcd

A better dotspread would serve no purpose?

If lethality isn't a dot spec but merely a "Debuffed-based-damage-spec," surely having a way to spread those debuffs to multiple targets will ease target switching and be a real asset.

I think OP's solution could be pretty nice, actually. the Area of effect would be pretty massive, because I think toxic haze would be the only dotspread mechanic with an 8m radius.

This solves the the problem of cone aoe spread without the 30m range dotspread tied to corrosive grenade, which I've heard the devs do not want for lethality.

I wouldn't mind them making it spread off of Corrosive Grenade (like snipers), and slightly adjusting the dmg of Corrosive Assault and the DoT to compensate. Lethality isn't supposed to be a number-paddy class, so I don't think it's right to give us high DPS from dotspreading, but dotspreading WOULD be nice for target switching.

On that note, why can't we have the same "weak" dots that snipers get when theirs get purged off? It makes fighting sins and other ops a huge pain in the *** as lethality.

I wouldn't mind them making it spread off of Corrosive Grenade (like snipers), and slightly adjusting the dmg of Corrosive Assault and the DoT to compensate. Lethality isn't supposed to be a number-paddy class, so I don't think it's right to give us high DPS from dotspreading, but dotspreading WOULD be nice for target switching.

On that note, why can't we have the same "weak" dots that snipers get when theirs get purged off? It makes fighting sins and other ops a huge pain in the *** as lethality.

Didn't we have them at one time? It was somewhere during 2.x when both specs were called lethality i think.

• 6 months later...

Well It is a fun spec to play until you need to spread your dots.. you have to position yourself so that all your targets are in the cone.. and EVEN then the dot isn't always spread to the rest, it makes the otherwise fun spec very annoying to play.

What if it were still knives (Animation).. but a close range (10m) AoE circle on the ground of a 5m radius.. This would solve the problem completely. I don't have to position myself (of which I am guessing in pvp I don't have time for at all) And my DoTs safely gets spread.

Well It is a fun spec to play until you need to spread your dots.. you have to position yourself so that all your targets are in the cone.. and EVEN then the dot isn't always spread to the rest, it makes the otherwise fun spec very annoying to play.

What if it were still knives (Animation).. but a close range (10m) AoE circle on the ground of a 5m radius.. This would solve the problem completely. I don't have to position myself (of which I am guessing in pvp I don't have time for at all) And my DoTs safely gets spread.

That would be even greater. But is not needed. Properly used, can view groups of 3-4 opponents going from 100% to 50% hp in no time.

I like this idea, it would make it a lot easier to spread dots and guaranteed. Because right now Noxious Knives doesn't always spread corrosive dart. I made a ticket concerning this and they told me it was indeed a bug that it wasn't always spreading. This forces you to use Noxious knives several times to make sure you have everyone all dotted up.