Low XP gains above level 65?

Iliac

I know all of the focus is on how bad RNG & CXP is. But, the devs need to look at a problem with low xp rewards from some activities once you reach level 66. I'm working on one of my characters and just did a GSF match and received a whole 706 XP for the match. I'm getting over 3k XP from killing non-elite level 65 trash npcs. I've also read that chapters are giving less XP than they should be. This really needs addressed with the number of characters you made us create prior to 5.0 that need to be leveled.

We don't want to have to level them all the same way. However, it does help explain some of the grind groups that people have been using, no matter how boring those are, they are at least efficient.

I know all of the focus is on how bad RNG & CXP is. But, the devs need to look at a problem with low xp rewards from some activities once you reach level 66. I'm working on one of my characters and just did a GSF match and received a whole 706 XP for the match. I'm getting over 3k XP from killing non-elite level 65 trash npcs. I've also read that chapters are giving less XP than they should be. This really needs addressed with the number of characters you made us create prior to 5.0 that need to be leveled.

We don't want to have to level them all the same way. However, it does help explain some of the grind groups that people have been using, no matter how boring those are, they are at least efficient.

But bro... what do you really expect from a company that first instigate you to create dozens of characters and now just broke the end-game by introducing this junk called GC RNG system? They basically made us create innumerable toons over the servers and now we are /stuck with all of them because no one will spend 6-7 months to max out this GC lvls...

Also, I can feel you because last night I spent 5 straight hours to get only 5 levels (65 to 70) with 3hrs XP Boost and doing insanely Flashpoints, Warzones and Heroics over and over again... and still took me 5hrs straight. That's too much, really, especially for who is using XP Boosts.

There have been some bugs reported on XP payouts since 5.0 released. Did you bug report the XP from GSF? If not, please do so.

In the meantime.. if you are looking for efficient solo XP post 65..... Heroics are still among the best, and mobs killed will randomly drop purple 228s and blue 220s as well.

Personally, I am running alts through Heroics to cap level, as it is the easiest and least time consuming as there is no overhead in finding a group. It's pretty quick and very easy if you are already familiar with the Heroic. Plus you get double Alliance crates until 66.

I get that grind groups are running, but given how easy it is to level up from 65-70... I don't see much point. This is not Everquest, or DAoC, or some grinder for XP.

Edited by Andryah

When you ding level 65, run chapter IX of KOTFE. It's all just cutscenes and corridor walking. Do not accept the reward upon completion. Do this three times. Make sure the reward for one of those three times won't ding you to 66. Accept one reward. Then do the chapter one more time. Only now, put on any DVL XP gear you have and use a standard XP boost. Then accept all three saved up mission rewards. You should get around 3 million XP instantly, pushing you to mid-way through level 68. Run about 10-14 heroics or so, depending on how much your XP is boosted. That'll top you off at 70.

The chapter IX runs take about 7 minutes each for corridor walking, load screens and spacebarring the cutscenes. Google the list of the fastest heroics, and just run them until you hit 70. Shouldn't take more than 2 hours max for the whole thing.

Once you hit 66, KOTFE chapters drop from over 1 million XP to around 100k. Thus the above strategy.

Edited by Nothing_Shines

If you can stand it, space combat missions were how I leveled my toons from 65-70. I would get anywhere from 200,000 - 300,000 xp for doing each 4-7 min mission. Granted that includes doing most of the mission bounses with an xp boost and the legacy boost but most missions averaged 5 min. Most missions required grade 3 or 5 ship parts but even the grade 1 missions would give close to that amount of xp. Edited by acidburncpt

I'm working on one of my characters and just did a GSF match and received a whole 706 XP for the match.

If I didn't know you, I'd assume you were one of the players who had 0 kills, 0 assists, hit 0 targets and had 0% accuracy...however...I know you topped the leaderboard and likely had 2-5x's as many kills as any other player...which leads me to conclude that Bioware just doesn't like you :p

Actually, that strategy no longer works. It was blocked with the last patch. And besides, out of my 30 or so toons, only 2 have been through the chapters and would be able to do as you suggested.

You can still stack missions, you just can't stack missions re-running the same chapter over and over, and chapter 1 takes as little time as chapter 9, with chapter 2 being very short as well.

Also there are some other easy / free XP missions on Odessen, including:

• Click the modification station outside on the landing point.
  • Talk to the imperial ship droid.
  • Do a short mission for the republic droid.
  • Gain influence with alliance base leads using crates (at rank 2 and every 2 ranks thereafter, a mission spawns on the data pad in the alliance base commander room for free XP).

You can also launch chapter 1 of KotET at 65 without having done anything in KotFE, and gain access to Odesen, gain the KotFE followers, have access to the alliance base and crate turn-ins, along with the ability to launch any of the KotFE chapters, and all of the easy / free XP missions above.

Edited by DawnAskham