Ezra's lightsaber from star wars rebels.

XorrOn

This would be an epic addition to the cartel market. (the lightsaber ezra uses in star wars rebels)

It would be awesome if it could be used with a ranged stun that could be shot at a foe. Ezra's lightsaber in sw rebels also fires a projectile and it's the only one I've seen in the SW universe.

I'd love to see this in the cartel market and I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

Weapons in this game don't come with their own special powers - they're all merely cosmetic shells. There'd be no way to replicate Ezra's blaster-hilted lightsaber (which also won't be invented for a long, long time).

While I don't see the appeal of the particular lightsaber, why does it matter that it isn't in "our" time? We have Kylo Ren's lightsabers(sort of) how would this be any different?

I'm fairly certain this won't happen.

Ezra's saber was invented by none other than Ezra himself. It doesn't have roots in the EU like Kylo Ren's saber does.

In that sense, since Ezra won't have lived for quite a while, His saber probably won't come to SWTOR. Atleast it shouldn't.

While I don't see the appeal of the particular lightsaber, why does it matter that it isn't in "our" time? We have Kylo Ren's lightsabers(sort of) how would this be any different?

Kylo Ren's saber is said to be based on "an ancient design." Hell, they actually sneaked a millennia-old crossguard saber into Rebels, just to drive home the point.

Kylo Ren's saber is said to be based on "an ancient design." Hell, they actually sneaked a millennia-old crossguard saber into Rebels, just to drive home the point.

Kylo's saber is based on a design from the Great Scourge of Malachor which fits SWTOR's timeline, making it somewhat feasible for the weapon to exist in the Old Republic Era. Ezra's has none of that kind of grounding and won't be conceived until much, much later.

I was talking to a friend about this time issue. I wondered why they were using (In the game, SWTOR) lightsabers that are 2000 years old (Not sure this is the right time for the years after the movies). He suggested that the time issue was due to the size of the universe and how long it could take for an item to arrive in some other part of said universe. Makes sense, well kinda anyway.

The friend I was talking to is a SW fan but doesn't play this game.

I just couldn't (And still don't fully understand) how we could be using weapons and lightsabers that are that old.

I mean look how far Humanity has come in 100 years. The tech we have today would have been considered magic 100 years ago. So if we follow the Star wars universe timeline (In game and sorry if I'm way off here) all or most of the equipment being used is insanely old. They couldn't come up with a new lightsaber in 2000 year? why are storm troopers wearing plastic armor thousands of years old?

Who freakin knows. If someone can better explain why the game is using such out dated equipment I'd love to understand this.

This would be an epic addition to the cartel market. (the lightsaber ezra uses in star wars rebels)

It would be awesome if it could be used with a ranged stun that could be shot at a foe. Ezra's lightsaber in sw rebels also fires a projectile and it's the only one I've seen in the SW universe.

I'd love to see this in the cartel market and I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

please let it be the saber the works as a blaster / love that look

please let it be the saber the works as a blaster / love that look

What you're asking for fundamentally alters the way game systems work - blaster wielders fire blaster bolts, while lightsaber wielders swing their blades. If nothing else, the animations aren't there, and this would radically alter the programming of how a lightsaber-wielding class is played. Holding out hope for this is an absolutely pointless pipe dream.

Edited by Nocturnalchemy