DPS spec's should NOT be allowed to Guard

KcirSirrah

Since you also mentioned taunts earlier, then by what justification would snipers keep Ballistic Shield, and marauders keep their group speed buff (which works both offensively and defensively). These are the only ACs that do not have off-heals or taunts, and they still have group utility (and big damage). By this logic one would also remove Intercede from dmg juggernauts, which is also one of our mobility tools, because it doesn't make sense to call it intercede if it doesn't protect anyone. It would ruin a lot of my joy of playing the class. Or make it just a leap to a friendly, and it doesn't sound so juggernauty/guardiany anymore.

Furthermore, taunts do not stack, so if there is a tank in the group, the dmg taunter is less useful (except when coordinating CDs), and as you say, a DD shouldn't have to off-heal if the healer is doing their job. If off-heals and off-taunts were so powerful, all the best team arena compositions ever would include them.

As for a guarding DD, others have already commented on how it is rather limited.

That's a good point and something I hadn't even thought about. I'm not sure, so I'll let you guys discuss the merits.

The only thing I would like to point out is that taunt doesn't really help the Jugg directly during battle, where as speed Predation has a direct affect on the Mara. Most of the times I do not use it for direct benefit to the team, it's for my personal tactical use. The team receiving it is an after thought. Wether that is the same as taunt, I'm not sure.

That's a good point and something I hadn't even thought about. I'm not sure, so I'll let you guys discuss the merits.

The only thing I would like to point out is that taunt doesn't really help the Jugg directly during battle, where as speed Predation has a direct affect on the Mara. Most of the times I do not use it for direct benefit to the team, it's for my personal tactical use. The team receiving it is an after thought. Wether that is the same as taunt, I'm not sure.

Ironically, I used Predation constantly in Huttball directly for my team's benefit tonight. I basically kept spamming attacks that built on my rage and it kept hitting thirty- I essentially put my team on crack. I almost always consider my buffs as weapons I can use to help my team out. It's just the way I play.

Exactly, why do we need these hybrid tanks and off healers. I can understand self heal abilities, but a DPS shouldn't be a hybrid that can heal others or tank. That would include removing taunt

I can understand that in pvp but not in operations or hard mode flashpoints. Sometimes a dps that has off heals can help in certain situations.

I can understand that in pvp but not in operations or hard mode flashpoints. Sometimes a dps that has off heals can help in certain situations.

And in PvP you can get situations where there are no healers or no tanks when the other side does and you get DPS who can try and make up for that disadvantage a little. We just had an off-heals DPS work in a Depths of Manaan tactical in an all DPS group and they were invaluable... they weren't healing us but their ability to heal themselves and draw aggro helped the rest of us.

Well, classes that have tank specs are supposed to be a bit extra survivable themselves (at least I think that's how it should be), so that would make up for not being affected by one's own protection. Though sadly nowadays dmg juggernauts and PTs are some of the squishiest classes.

Ironically, I used Predation constantly in Huttball directly for my team's benefit tonight. I basically kept spamming attacks that built on my rage and it kept hitting thirty- I essentially put my team on crack. I almost always consider my buffs as weapons I can use to help my team out. It's just the way I play.

I take the utility that gives me Predation every 30secs so I don't need to build rage. But HB is maybe one map I might delay activating it for my own use if I can help my team use it to get to the line. Otherwise using it for the team is an after thought because I'll either spam it or use it tactically to help my own combat situation

Well, classes that have tank specs are supposed to be a bit extra survivable themselves (at least I think that's how it should be), so that would make up for not being affected by one's own protection. Though sadly nowadays dmg juggernauts and PTs are some of the squishiest classes.

My rage Jugg was fine till they nerfed it's mobility

And in PvP you can get situations where there are no healers or no tanks when the other side does and you get DPS who can try and make up for that disadvantage a little. We just had an off-heals DPS work in a Depths of Manaan tactical in an all DPS group and they were invaluable... they weren't healing us but their ability to heal themselves and draw aggro helped the rest of us.

If they weren't healing you, then they weren't off healing. I'm not proposing they nerf self healing. They can keep all their current abilities, just not be able to heal others.