Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

If you wont make GC Legacy wide now, it will be too late!!

majopucik

2) Either move the level cap for the command system to 5000 levels or eliminate the cap entirely.

There is no cap for crates.. only GC level. You can keep earning crates beyond 300 if that's what you want to do.

I think we all agree that GC and Crates are not properly tuned right now. We even mostly agree on what needs to be tuned in GC (setting aside the wasted demands that RNG simply be removed, as the studio has said no). Where we disagree some is what to do in the meantime until they get around to actually tuning all the key points that need tuning.

There are a number of options to largely avoid the broken GC grind right now. They are not final solutions for the very best end game gear for 5.0, but they ARE progress sufficient to be able to play all of 5.0, with a couple of exceptions.

Right now with GC we have some lemons. You can throw them at each other, or throw them in the trash, or make lemonade out of them to quench some thirst until they replace the lemons. Players have choices, if they look objectively.. and that includes just taking a break until the broken gets suitably fixed.

Edited by Andryah

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no cap for crates.. only GC level. You can keep earning crates beyond 300 if that's what you want to do.

Sure, but the illusion of advancement is gone.

If...and only if mind you...this system is intended as some kind of post cap horizontal progression system (as I suspect it is) it would be best, IMO, to either drastically increase the available levels or remove the cap entirely.

This way a player continues to advance, even if that advance is next to meaningless (unless they add some kind of minuscule secondary stat boost).

Sure, but the illusion of advancement is gone.

If...and only if mind you...this system is intended as some kind of post cap horizontal progression system (as I suspect it is) it would be best, IMO, to either drastically increase the available levels or remove the cap entirely.

This way a player continues to advance, even if that advance is next to meaningless (unless they add some kind of minuscule secondary stat boost).

Right now.. GC levels really don't mean anything other then the semi-arbitrary ties to tiers of gear. Once you are past 200 and headed to 300.. it's tier 3 gear itemization. There is nothing higher in terms of rewards or progress after 300... so what exactly is gained by making it higher? That will only encourage the studio to hide things behind levels higher then 300.. which is the opposite of what players are wanting.

It is pretty common knowledge that they had GC set at 100 levels early on and before they went live, they shifted it to 300. Which sounds like they set an average effort curve distribution for GC in terms of time and effort, and then set the final number of levels and parsing for different tiers accordingly. I'm not saying I agree with the approach, only that I can understand what they appear to have done and why.

Edited by Andryah

or if your luck sucks and you don't get a full SB within the first 300:eek::eek:

I could be wrong, but the current working theory amongst the folks in our guild is that they are going to ultimately simplify and smooth the grind on GC. Anyone that races through it early will likely be pissed when that happens as they will feel like they got cheated, while those who were patient and waited are rewarded with easier progress and results.

This is precisely why we chose the route we did for moving forward in 5.0.

Time will tell of course. In reality, GC and it's crates are like Alliance and it's crates on steroids.. and with potentially better drops as A-crates were cosmetic shells, maybe a mount, and some companion influence items. The decision to hide set bonus gear in GC crates only.... well I don't think it was the best move, but then again.. they never asked me for my opinion.

Edited by Andryah

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.