Possible to do Dread Master storyline without operation?

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Dude it's like three year old content. The game has areas of the game that actually could use the devs attention. Yes, there is group content in the game. No, you can't solo it.

And as I posted above - the entirety of what you are missing is simply that you kill the rest of them. There is no magical story continuation. You kill them. The end. You're not missing anything.

You can choose to do so or not do so. You seem to want something more and I don't get why.

Personally, I would advise using your time a bit more effectively. In the amount of time it took you to post here, you could have looked at Dulfy's SM guides to DF and DP for a quick and dirty (but completely sufficient) rundown on how the fights go. They are very easy to find groups for via groupfinder once a week or so. Go do them. With a group. They are fun, and in story mode, quite easy. I think you would be far more entertained doing that than engaging in a debate around allocating resources to making three year old content soloable.

I had a question about content because I'm only getting around to it now so I asked I'm not gonna apologise to you for it. It was someone ELSE who brought up doing it solo and I was simply replying to what they said. My ONLY original question was if there was a option much like with SoR where you can access the final mission with solo missions in place of an Op. I didn't want a "magic" story continuation where did I say that? I just wanted to see how the story went and play it with my own character if possible. You saying I shouldn't play any of the class stories because they all end eventually? You did just say theres no magical continuation to the dread master story so whats the point wanting to play it at all when thats the case for every story ever basically. Nothing lasts forever. Just because something has a definite ending means it isn't worth seeing now or what? Not everyone is an expert on this game so sick of how people like you talk down to everybody.

I don't really care about any other Ops my problem with this one was it was prompted to me in the MAIN STORY I didn't look for it on the fleet or however it is you start other operations and there was no hint to me as I was playing that it would end with an op. As in straight after Makeb you can start the Oricon missions from your ship as if they are another set of missions like Makeb was then you get invested in the story and get cut off from it at the end without seeing the conclusion. I've never had any other part of the story end with an operation like that except the SoR and it was optional. So I think it's perfectly reasonable for me to wonder if theres a solo alternative.

I wasn't asking the devs to change anything I simply stated that I thought they should have had a solo option at the time. My god can people really not just discuss anything in your eyes?

I can't look on whatever "dulfy" is because guides like that always uses TONS of SWTOR terminology that I simply don't understand not being some hardcore player myself. So in order to understand guides like that I also have to read up and learn every bit of terminology. Then try the guide. And all in all that would take me A LOT longer than asking a simple question here. This is the FORUMS after all if you didn't like my post DON'T GO INTO IT.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude it's like three year old content. The game has areas of the game that actually could use the devs attention. Yes, there is group content in the game. No, you can't solo it.

And as I posted above - the entirety of what you are missing is simply that you kill the rest of them. There is no magical story continuation. You kill them. The end. You're not missing anything.

You can choose to do so or not do so. You seem to want something more and I don't get why.

Personally, I would advise using your time a bit more effectively. In the amount of time it took you to post here, you could have looked at Dulfy's SM guides to DF and DP for a quick and dirty (but completely sufficient) rundown on how the fights go. They are very easy to find groups for via groupfinder once a week or so. Go do them. With a group. They are fun, and in story mode, quite easy. I think you would be far more entertained doing that than engaging in a debate around allocating resources to making three year old content soloable.

The more I think about what you just wrote the dumber it seems to me. You kill them. The end. Your not missing anything. Ok. So don't do the Knight story. You kill the Emperor. The end. Your not missing anything. You can say that about all 8 class stories like xDDD

The more I think about what you just wrote the dumber it seems to me. You kill them. The end. Your not missing anything. Ok. So don't do the Knight story. You kill the Emperor. The end. Your not missing anything. You can say that about all 8 class stories like xDDD

*note* spoiler comments contain the contents of cutscenes in a summarized way*

There's no plot points to any of the cutscenes in either Dread Fortress or Dread Palace. There's one cutscene in dread fortress, one cutscene in dread palace. There's a third cutscene in between ops.

The first one Bestia says something in Dread Fortress and you see her. In Dread Palace the living dread masters taunt you before the fight. The one in between is saying the dread masters have opened up the Dread Palace, I think. Been awhile since I've seen it.

There is a 4th one after both operations in which

on the republic side only, you choose to spare or kill one of the Dread Masters who is still alive, but will never see again

which, perhaps, you can argue you are missing out on about 45 seconds of story. But since

characters which you have the option to kill are not seen again

its wrapped up either way.

Edited by RudbekAlliance

*note* spoiler comments contain the contents of cutscenes in a summarized way*

There's no plot points to any of the cutscenes in either Dread Fortress or Dread Palace. There's one cutscene in dread fortress, one cutscene in dread palace. There's a third cutscene in between ops.

The first one Bestia says something in Dread Fortress and you see her. In Dread Palace the living dread masters taunt you before the fight. The one in between is saying the dread masters have opened up the Dread Palace, I think. Been awhile since I've seen it.

There is a 4th one after both operations in which

on the republic side only, you choose to spare or kill one of the Dread Masters who is still alive, but will never see again

which, perhaps, you can argue you are missing out on about 45 seconds of story. But since

characters which you have the option to kill are not seen again

its wrapped up either way.

No need I've seen most all of it on youtube it's just better getting to do it with your own character. I know you can't now so I'm cool with it. Thanks tho.

The thing here is that no matter if you kill them, or leave them alone, they have no effect of the outcome of the galaxy's life. This is a secondary questchain, beginning on Belsavis(with a secondary questchain, see what is happening here?). If however you decide to see it through, you should start with Karragga's Palacae and do ALL of the ops to see it through. Also I know that you can pick it up on your ship, however there is a quite certain spoiler tag that indicates if you wan't to get the big picture it it strongly adviced to do all of the previous OPS.

And no, I didn't meant Calphy. I mean't Sytrak, who you don't enounter on Oricon at all. Once you reach Oricon it is presumed you already killed Styrak. How you do that? Do the previous OPS and you'll see.

The thing here is that no matter if you kill them, or leave them alone, they have no effect of the outcome of the galaxy's life. This is a secondary questchain, beginning on Belsavis(with a secondary questchain, see what is happening here?). If however you decide to see it through, you should start with Karragga's Palacae and do ALL of the ops to see it through. Also I know that you can pick it up on your ship, however there is a quite certain spoiler tag that indicates if you wan't to get the big picture it it strongly adviced to do all of the previous OPS.

And no, I didn't meant Calphy. I mean't Sytrak, who you don't enounter on Oricon at all. Once you reach Oricon it is presumed you already killed Styrak. How you do that? Do the previous OPS and you'll see.

Nah I don't plan to. People seem to be interpreting this simple question I had to be some major whine about wanting solo content. I asked if it was possible. It's not. I'm not likely to find a group to do it with who will move at my pace so I've just decided to leave it like I ended up doing with the rest of my characters. No big deal really just would have been nice to be able to finish that story

Nah I don't plan to. People seem to be interpreting this simple question I had to be some major whine about wanting solo content. I asked if it was possible. It's not. I'm not likely to find a group to do it with who will move at my pace so I've just decided to leave it like I ended up doing with the rest of my characters. No big deal really just would have been nice to be able to finish that story

Don't feel bad bro.... I've asked that same question myself once and got pretty much the exact same response. "This is a mmo blah blah blah.... go play Kotor blah blah blah." People like dude are part of the reason I play mostly solo. I've got neither the patience or temperament to deal with his type. :mad:

Fyi... after getting the arrogant *** comments like his, I stopped playing the DM storyline as well. He and others like him don't understand that "Watching random joe blow play the OP on YouTube" isn't the same as seeing MY characters go through and experience it.

The other problem with the current situation is that even if you do join a group to do the ops, everyone will get impatient and yell at you if you actually want to watch the cutscenes (especially since it's such old content).

I was going to take my character through this arc, but first, by getting the mission from my ship terminal, I somehow missed the entire opening convo, so I had no intro and didn't really know what was going on, then I found out that the ending is behind an ops-wall, so I couldn't do it as a mostly solo player. So I gave up part-way through the planetary missions. Too bad, because I'd have liked to see the story too.

Don't feel bad bro.... I've asked that same question myself once and got pretty much the exact same response. "This is a mmo blah blah blah.... go play Kotor blah blah blah." People like dude are part of the reason I play mostly solo. I've got neither the patience or temperament to deal with his type. :mad:

Fyi... after getting the arrogant *** comments like his, I stopped playing the DM storyline as well. He and others like him don't understand that "Watching random joe blow play the OP on YouTube" isn't the same as seeing MY characters go through and experience it.

Exactly why I play solo as well. Too many like that guy. Watching some randomer play on youtube sucks. I didn't spend millions of credits making my character look like an absolute bad***** not to see him in cutscenes :mad:

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Read up on the mechanics, they're not too tricky and join a pug forming in chat ( now would be the time before operation pugs become truly extinct ) with bolstered gear it's not too hard to get through the SM with people running them regularly and you can finish the story from there.

Read up on the mechanics, they're not too tricky and join a pug forming in chat ( now would be the time before operation pugs become truly extinct ) with bolstered gear it's not too hard to get through the SM with people running them regularly and you can finish the story from there.

No idea what pug means other than a breed of dog... But yeah thanks anyway but it doesn't matter anymore. As I've said before groups move too quickly for me would rather not bother than be forced to skip cutscenes and stuff. Plus don't want to learn the entire ops mechanics just to see a few minutes of story.

No idea what pug means other than a breed of dog... But yeah thanks anyway but it doesn't matter anymore. As I've said before groups move too quickly for me would rather not bother than be forced to skip cutscenes and stuff. Plus don't want to learn the entire ops mechanics just to see a few minutes of story.

pick up group - those folks you see looking for people in fleet chat at times.

You would more or less be carried by the group quite easily for those operations - the learning part is just learning the odd things that might quickly/instantly kill you ( of course don't play as heals/tank since your group relies on you ) otherwise it's business as normal for most mechanics "don't stand in stupid". The rest of the group easily handles the more complicated stuff.

There isn't that many cut scenes in the operations so people would barely notice anyway plus it's too annoying for them to kick and get another person if you do want to watch the cutscenes.

Failing that ... youtube.

if you cant complete these 2 ops with the bolster and how easy it is now you dont deserve to see the end of the quest line

Sometimes it's not about ability to complete the ops once you're in them. On some servers, particularly the underpopulated ones, getting a group to go on a double-header ops run for story purposes can be difficult.

pick up group - those folks you see looking for people in fleet chat at times.

You would more or less be carried by the group quite easily for those operations - the learning part is just learning the odd things that might quickly/instantly kill you ( of course don't play as heals/tank since your group relies on you ) otherwise it's business as normal for most mechanics "don't stand in stupid". The rest of the group easily handles the more complicated stuff.

There isn't that many cut scenes in the operations so people would barely notice anyway plus it's too annoying for them to kick and get another person if you do want to watch the cutscenes.

Failing that ... youtube.

Oh lord... I've already said it's not the same on youtube and anyway I REALLY don't care anymore xD I don't want to annoy anyone by holding them up in ops just to watch cutscenes they've seen 1000 times. I'd hate that and my rule is don't do something you'd call annoying if someone else was doing. I'm not good at pc gaming hate moving with a keyboard I'd only cause slowness in the group and annoyance. I don't mind missing out on this. Thanks for trying to help though makes you better than most. I'm just so over this thread with peoples snide remarks at this point xD I'm not even debating anything with people I got my answer and people are still agitated xD

if you cant complete these 2 ops with the bolster and how easy it is now you dont deserve to see the end of the quest line

Did I say I couldnt complete them? No. So many people who just can't read. I asked if there was a solo option. I got my answer. Why can nobody just leave it at that. Wonder if I can delete this thread or something.

Did I say I couldnt complete them? No. So many people who just can't read. I asked if there was a solo option. I got my answer. Why can nobody just leave it at that. Wonder if I can delete this thread or something.

i seriously doubt the ability of someone with the username ''uuuuuuuuuuuuu'' to complete a story mode op

Edited by scardera

i seriously doubt the ability of someone with the username ''uuuuuuuuuuuuu'' to complete a story mode op

Yeah keep on talking down to me from your high horse. It won't compensate for that hug you never got from your mum :D As if I cared enough to spend 15 minutes finding a username that wasn't taken just to be shown on forums I sparsely use. Real deep cut there buddy. Funny you didn't even get the username right xD Good to know you won't be hacking the account anyways xDD it's 16 u's actually. Not 13.

Yeah keep on talking down to me from your high horse. It won't compensate for that hug you never got from your mum :D As if I cared enough to spend 15 minutes finding a username that wasn't taken just to be shown on forums I sparsely use. Real deep cut there buddy. Funny you didn't even get the username right xD Good to know you won't be hacking the account anyways xDD it's 16 u's actually. Not 13.

lol TRIGGERED

I'd have to agree as it would be nice for The Dread Palace and The Dread Fortress to have solo mission options since I really want to do those myself. My issue really isn't the face that there's no solo mode of even finding a group (The Ebon Hawk is quite populated); it's the times that the OPS are available. I'd have to be awake at 6 or 7 in the morning EST in order to get into a group.

Now, I know some people are going to say that I shouldn't make a big deal about completing the DM story and to just view the YouTube videos if I want to see what it's all about but, as has been mentioned before, it's not the same thing. It would be nice to be able to select when to do these OPS, not have to wait for them to come around every week, but BW can't please everyone.

I'll have to stay up 'till the early morning one of these days if I decide to pursue these OPS.

I'd love to see all the Operations I haven't played, because there's enough story revolving around them that I totally want to experience the whole thing ... but I realize the reason I haven't played all the OPs is MY deal, and that Operations would suck if I could solo them.

Don't add a solo mode for Ops; that's a lot of work for gameplay that wouldn't be fun. When I get enough time and gumption to run an OP again, I'll do that. Because it's not really that hard or a big deal.

I'd have to agree as it would be nice for The Dread Palace and The Dread Fortress to have solo mission options since I really want to do those myself. My issue really isn't the face that there's no solo mode of even finding a group (The Ebon Hawk is quite populated); it's the times that the OPS are available. I'd have to be awake at 6 or 7 in the morning EST in order to get into a group.

Now, I know some people are going to say that I shouldn't make a big deal about completing the DM story and to just view the YouTube videos if I want to see what it's all about but, as has been mentioned before, it's not the same thing. It would be nice to be able to select when to do these OPS, not have to wait for them to come around every week, but BW can't please everyone.

I'll have to stay up 'till the early morning one of these days if I decide to pursue these OPS.

You don't have to wait for them to be available on group finder. If you have a group, just walk in. And also if you have timezone issues, might can be a good idea to transfer at least 1 of your toons to a server more suitable for you.