Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Just awesome RNG

Quraswren

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know Furh...constantly stating you are presenting FACTS tends to make it look like you are trying to convince people of something that is not true.

Looking at your post history it looks like you have actually presented OPINIONS most of the time, and very rarely actual bonafide facts.

That does not mean your opinions are wrong. That is not what I am trying to say here. Only that there is a BIG difference between opinion and fact.

One could argue your OPINIONS are based on ACTUAL FACTS....you could make that argument. But you are very clearly posting opinions most often....not facts.

You know Furh...constantly stating you are presenting FACTS tends to make it look like you are trying to convince people of something that is not true.

Looking at your post history it looks like you have actually presented OPINIONS most of the time, and very rarely actual bonafide facts.

That does not mean your opinions are wrong. That is not what I am trying to say here. Only that there is a BIG difference between opinion and fact.

One could argue your OPINIONS are based on ACTUAL FACTS....you could make that argument. But you are very clearly posting opinions most often....not facts.

Well I agree most the time my facts won't be popular here but that doesn't mean they aren't facts.

That's another subject. I was arguing the absurdity of the thread, which implied that a system doesn't work because you don't get something in one night. The previous system also didn't do such thing.

Maybe not in one night. But crystals were a guaranteed reward and eventually you'd have enough to get a piece for the slot of your choice. It was the very least for the most unlucky. Now you can clear the same amount of content, and more, and with bad luck still end up with nothing.

As has been pointed out a couple of times already, the problem with RNG is not what the average gets, but what the unlucky get (resp. don't get), through no fault of their own, without anything to do about it, it's out of their control. (Hell, even the worthwhile crafting schematics are random crate drops.)

Edited by KyaniteD

soooo... about htis entitlement mentality though................ i really do want you to provide example. cause either i can't read, or it's just not there.

cause, i'll agree with the OP. i went from 1-45 on one toon and 1-5 on another one. Total score of upgrade pieces: ONE. i do sooooo love the RNG. it's sooooo exciting:eek::eek:

Well I agree most the time my facts won't be popular here but that doesn't mean they aren't facts.

You seem to have given up on defending your Straw Man fallacy.

Just in case, let's try again:

It's a fact he was crying he didn't get a set piece (best gear) after gaining one level.

The words "set piece" do not exist in the OP.

Do you have any response to this?

Edited by Khevar

Again, to be clear, this is not a judgement on the validity of your claims....but making comments like "crying", "tail between the legs", giving comments on dev intentions and the like, these type of things are NOT facts. They are clearly opinions.

The popularity of facts do not matter, because facts can not and will not be changed to suit the desires of those that do not agree with them. Facts are INDISPUTABLE, and if you present information that can be disputed in a rational logical manner, it is unlikely that information is fact. It is more likely it is opinion, even if it is factually based.

The difference is VERY important in a forum environment IMO.

You seem to have given up on defending your Straw Man fallacy.

Just in case, let's try again:

The words "set piece" do not exist in the OP.

Do you have any response to this?

He clearly said he was running an ops. What used to drop in ops groups? Set pieces he is upset he didn't get a set piece after gaining one level because he ran an ops end of story... It's so cute how you guys white knight for each other btw.

You will find that in the previous system, it was also possible for you to get nothing from 1 night of ops and flashpoints.

It was possible but it was also 100% avoidable. Why? Because it was down to player discretion. If you chose to play pugs and accept crappy loot rules then yes. But as it stands most pugs even had rules where everybody walked away with something, particularly in priority ops that dropped double gear. At least in HM.

SM was a bit different but also there you can choose to join a guild that raids and get a more fair loot distribution that took the randomness out of it.

That is not longer possible. What BWA has effectively done is take player choice away and give it to the RNG machine. Not my favourite thing in general.

Again, to be clear, this is not a judgement on the validity of your claims....but making comments like "crying", "tail between the legs", giving comments on dev intentions and the like, these type of things are NOT facts. They are clearly opinions.

The popularity of facts do not matter, because facts can not and will not be changed to suit the desires of those that do not agree with them. Facts are INDISPUTABLE, and if you present information that can be disputed in a rational logical manner, it is unlikely that information is fact. It is more likely it is opinion, even if it is factually based.

The difference is VERY important in a forum environment IMO.

Yeah it's a little late to worry about the "forum environment " here...

He clearly said he was running an ops. What used to drop in ops groups? Set pieces he is upset he didn't get a set piece after gaining one level because he ran an ops end of story... It's so cute how you guys white knight for each other btw.

eeee no it looks like they are just stating what content they did (to give us an idea of how much time was spent i assume), how much CXP it gave them and what kind of reward they got for their effort. ... well at least that's how i see it. if i'm wrong please explain to me how i'm wrong lol:D

waaaa attempt #2 to ask a question and not answered again. guess i'll just make the logical assumption that it was indeed a straw man thing :p first time i heard the term, but that's what it looks like from reading htis thread lol.:)

Use the quote button if you want a reply...it's there for a reason...is this the first time you've heard about the quote button too? I almost feel bad engaging you in a conversation...

waaaa attempt #2 to ask a question and not answered again. guess i'll just make the logical assumption that it was indeed a straw man thing :p first time i heard the term, but that's what it looks like from reading htis thread lol.:)

Not really. It's changing the topic and answering a question that was not asked. You can see the definition in one of the upper posts.

He clearly said he was running an ops. What used to drop in ops groups? Set pieces he is upset he didn't get a set piece after gaining one level because he ran an ops end of story.

Here is what the OP was upset about:

16 jawa scrap and one orange shell with nothing in it. That was all.

This suggests that the loot tables for GC crates in 5.0 include the possibility of not obtaining any wearable gear at all.

A far cry from "set pieces", or "best gear"

It's so cute how you guys white knight for each other btw.

And here we have an example of the Ad Hominem fallacy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

At least I feel confident in my original estimation that your debate skills could use some work.

Edited by Khevar

eeee no it looks like they are just stating what content they did (to give us an idea of how much time was spent i assume), how much CXP it gave them and what kind of reward they got for their effort. ... well at least that's how i see it. if i'm wrong please explain to me how i'm wrong lol:D

Should we tell him ops also used to drop non-set items like earpieces and relics and rare materials to create such items as well?

Yeah it's a little late to worry about the "forum environment " here...

Well, I would disagree with that sentiment, but I certainly understand your frustration.

If you have been here all along I think you were witness to periods where it was most certainly worse....and better. It really depends on what is going on in the game at the time.

I might contend that the worst forum blowup was the entire CSM debacle and how it was handled....there were also a few times that some exploit/ban waves and class changes came close. But I am pretty confident in stating that the CSM incident was likely the worst the forum ever was with respect to vitriol.

Even I fell victim to it...or rather participated in it. I have lost my cool in the past, my post history stands in evidence.

Edited by LordArtemis

Hey there you go you used the quote button. Sorry to break it to you not everyone sees things the way you do. I took it that he probably did half of what he said trying to drum up support so he can feel included in all the "horrible RNG" talk.

Here is what the OP was upset about:

This suggests that the loot tables for GC crates in 5.0 include the possibility of not obtaining any wearable gear at all.

A far cry from "set pieces", or "best gear"

And here we have an example of the Ad Hominem fallacy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

At least I feel confident in my original estimation that your debate skills could use some work.

Again feel free to white knight for him all you want (it's a fact that's what you are doing) my debate skill will never be up to your level because I don't agree with your crusade so all you have to counter me is using cool forum catch phrases like "Ad hominem" and "straw man".

Hey there you go you used the quote button. Sorry to break it to you not everyone sees things the way you do. I took it that he probably did half of what he said trying to drum up support so he can feel included in all the "horrible RNG" talk.

well, Furh, i've been quoting people for 109 pages in Aowin's thread lol, but my bad. i thought your reading skillz were good enough to spot your own name. my bad, sorry.:D

okay. horrid RNG talk engaged: 45 boxes opened on my main + 5 on my alt = ONE PIECE that is an upgrade to my current gear. :(

Again feel free to white knight for him all you want (it's a fact that's what you are doing) my debate skill will never be up to your level because I don't agree with your crusade so all you have to counter me is using cool forum catch phrases like "Ad hominem" and "straw man".

Well at least he's countering with some things that actually exist.

... all you have to counter me is using cool forum catch phrases like "Ad hominem" and "straw man".

Actually, what I do to counter you is provide data, and logical reasoning.

What you do to counter me is provide opinion and illogical reasoning.

Well at least he's countering with some things that actually exist.

Boy I really struck a nerve with you didn't I. This must have been your favorite safe space to come to and feel all included and stuff...yeah here is this mean guy who is already to like 10 other bad posters ruining your safe space.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.