Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

I guess they will nerf KP next

majopucik

My point on all of this CXP / XP farming as I speak from real life XP and being a middle-aged being, is that taking certain sorts of *shortcuts* to achieve prosperity always comes back to bite ya in the end. You'll find out if you haven't already. ;) 'Rabbit and Turtle' Race story....

perhaps shortcuts in life, but in a game?

The faster you gain CXP, the more crates you get, so the better gear you get (all things being equal). So fast beats slow and steady. There is no penalty for going fast. The Tortoise and the Hare was a nice fable, but I don't believe its really applicable here.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

perhaps shortcuts in life, but in a game?

The faster you gain CXP, the more crates you get, so the better gear you get (all things being equal). So fast beats slow and steady. There is no penalty for going fast. The Tortoise and the Hare was a nice fable, but I don't believe its really applicable here.

As a swimmer and cross country runner, the Tortoise and the Hare doesn't really apply in races since the winner is a super fit athlete who goes fast the whole way. Seriously, marathon winners book the whole thing the way most people run a single lap of a track.

What are you going on about? They're boosting many parts from ops to uprisings by 50-80%.

As has been pointed out to you MULTIPLE times now, they made absolutely no mention of boosting CXP gains from operations. Stop repeating false information. That goes from white knighting to flat out lying.

Also, the fact they're boosting CXP gains from Uprisings just helps prove the OP's point.

OP has got a point. LFG KP CXP and Bestia farming is all I see in chat lately in Fleet. And it really has turned me off into wanting to be in Fleet on either faction. These *are* Exploits and Cheats - no matter how much you want to slice it. Devs have got to do something about it soon. They diminished Credit/Gold Farmers by changing some mechanics in the game (blue chests). Devs can do something about it again, but only if they're willing.

It's only exploiting or cheating if you're using a bug or glitch in the game to gain an advantage or if you're running a cheat program. As someone else has said EAWare has already stated farming mobs is not an exploit or a cheat. Why? Because EAWare let those kills count for CXP in the first place. It's their fault for not actually thinking this GC system through in terms of the way players actually play the game, as opposed to how they would like us to play the game (i.e. doing Uprisings all day while buying CXP boosters so they can show the head honchos that no, seriously, we love them!).

Its sad actually, they make this a grindy game and dont like it when people grind.

When they introduced a grind mechanic to actually get a chance to get geared up. Mmmmm. Let me think why players are grinding the fastest routes of CXP.

Oh yeah, because the grind mechanic they introduced is a load of rubbish.

What are you going on about? They're boosting many parts from ops to uprisings by 50-80%.

Just uprisings, not ops. Don't start making up your own facts please.

SM Uprisings are getting a roughly 50% boost to the quest reward and Veteran Uprising will get around an 80% boost to CXP of the quest reward.

This does not refer to operations and it doesn't mean you'll get 50 or 80% more CXP for Uprisings since the CXP of the token reward and the mobs you kill are a big part of the total reward and they didn't mention those were boosted. So don't think it's a boost of 50/80% for the total points. It's a lot less in the total score. Don't believe me? They actually said quest reward in the livestream. Most people skipped over that and didn't hear it but that's what was said.

What people are doing now is since KP is easy in HM they go in and kill all the champions in the start area. That's a lot of points. People then go out, reset and do it again and again. Why? Because it's more efficient than other things.

I predicted before launch already that people would look for the most efficient way to gain points rather than look for what is most fun to play. That's what a system like this does. So it's either killing champions in KP or lazy moding PvP.

Uprisings will get a bit better compared to PvP matches because with the new increases they will give you CXP that is closer to PvP warzones but you still have to beat the Uprising. In PvP you can lose and just butt around and still get 500+ CXP.

PvP is now the best place to get CXP for chumps and KP for people who at least wanna group up and try to progress together as far as RNG will allow it.

Just uprisings, not ops. Don't start making up your own facts please.

SM Uprisings are getting a roughly 50% boost to the quest reward and Veteran Uprising will get around an 80% boost to CXP of the quest reward.

This does not refer to operations and it doesn't mean you'll get 50 or 80% more CXP for Uprisings since the CXP of the token reward and the mobs you kill are a big part of the total reward and they didn't mention those were boosted. So don't think it's a boost of 50/80% for the total points. It's a lot less in the total score. Don't believe me? They actually said quest reward in the livestream. Most people skipped over that and didn't hear it but that's what was said.

What people are doing now is since KP is easy in HM they go in and kill all the champions in the start area. That's a lot of points. People then go out, reset and do it again and again. Why? Because it's more efficient than other things.

I predicted before launch already that people would look for the most efficient way to gain points rather than look for what is most fun to play. That's what a system like this does. So it's either killing champions in KP or lazy moding PvP.

Uprisings will get a bit better compared to PvP matches because with the new increases they will give you CXP that is closer to PvP warzones but you still have to beat the Uprising. In PvP you can lose and just butt around and still get 500+ CXP.

PvP is now the best place to get CXP for chumps and KP for people who at least wanna group up and try to progress together as far as RNG will allow it.

Americanaussie keeps being told in thread after thread that they never said they were buffing CXP gains from operations. They then hop into another thread and repeat the same lie again. It's pretty pathetic.

People are farming the mobs at the start of KP for 900 CXP if you go all the way to the cats before the 1st boss. They can do it in about 5 minutes.

Cool only ~400 runs/~30+ hours and you hit weekly cap. **** this game is fun now!

Edited by MeNaCe-NZ

On a positive note for raiders this should seriously boost the metrics for people doing operations.

Except a "GC has boosted operation participation beyond our wildest dreams, we are now in development of 2 new operations coming mid year!". The first part will probably be true, the second just a hopeful dream.

On a positive note for raiders this should seriously boost the metrics for people doing operations.

Except a "GC has boosted operation participation beyond our wildest dreams, we are now in development of 2 new operations coming mid year!". The first part will probably be true, the second just a hopeful dream.

heh, not if they look at how many bosses are downed.

It's quite hilarious that the most rewarding effort is killing trash in an easy mode ops.

Nobody could've predicted that.... ahem.

You have been told over and over this is not the case. Stop claiming ignorance, it's ridiculous.

Surprisingly I don't usually bother checking old threads that I've replied in. I just don't. Can't be bothered especially when there's pages upon pages of replies. I just don't care that much to spend 30 mins looking to see if someone quoted me. I will agree though if all you do is raid then swtor may* not be the best place for it. As I've been told, some love raiding here so I write may. Now I'm done walking on eggshells for the community. I've a sick kid at home so I doubt I'll be able to read many replies.

It's quite hilarious that the most rewarding effort is killing trash in an easy mode ops.

And before that trash in heroics areas. I'm just taking my time through the story and I've got a massive 4 ranks @ chapter 6 so far and that's with 2 uprisings thrown in.

Kind of sucks I can't just have a fun experience in this game anymore playing at my casual speed and expect to be able to gear up what so ever.

For players with the sort of time to put in like me who also enjoy raiding or PVP this game has effectively become not worth playing anymore ( once I slowly get through the story ).

Luckily for my there is an absolute **** ton of other games I need to catch up on. :)

Surprisingly I don't usually bother checking old threads that I've replied in. I just don't. Can't be bothered especially when there's pages upon pages of replies. I just don't care that much to spend 30 mins looking to see if someone quoted me. I will agree though if all you do is raid then swtor may* not be the best place for it. As I've been told, some love raiding here so I write may. Now I'm done walking on eggshells for the community. I've a sick kid at home so I doubt I'll be able to read many replies.

Kid, you've even responded on the threads to people telling you that basically saying "Oh, I thought they did say that, guess I was wrong." And then you go to another thread to start it up again. Again, stop claiming ignorance.

Well Melissa, go take care of your kid that is of course much more important (and I do mean that), but next time double check your numbers please before posting them or just don't post them at all. I assume you just want to be helpful but it doesn't help anyone if the numbers are not actually correct.

And before that trash in heroics areas. I'm just taking my time through the story and I've got a massive 4 ranks @ chapter 6 so far and that's with 2 uprisings thrown in.

Kind of sucks I can't just have a fun experience in this game anymore playing at my casual speed and expect to be able to gear up what so ever.

For players with the sort of time to put in like me who also enjoy raiding or PVP this game has effectively become not worth playing anymore ( once I slowly get through the story ).

Luckily for my there is an absolute **** ton of other games I need to catch up on. :)

You and me both. And there's a lot coming next year as well luckily :)

I think it's a very telling sign of how disconnected the developers are from this game that they didn't think of that... or listen to any of the people who tried to warn them before 5.0 dropped.

There will always be people willing to grind all day long in MMOs. This is nothing new. If they were competent/experienced, they would have seen this coming.

I think it's a very telling sign of how disconnected the developers are from this game that they didn't think of that... or listen to any of the people who tried to warn them before 5.0 dropped.

There will always be people willing to grind all day long in MMOs. This is nothing new. If they were competent/experienced, they would have seen this coming.

I sometimes really wonder if these guys are really just bad at math and therefore can't figure these things out before implementing them. The combination of math skills and a basic understanding of human behaviour should not constitute rocket science.

I look at it like this. People are supposedly 70% water water and when water comes down it always finds the easiest way. It fits. You bring out a new system and people will find the easiest way to manage it. Since 98% of the game's content is old, clearly people are more interested in efficiency than wonder.

And how they balanced the CXP gain indeed shows that they don't get it themselves. Either than or they are really bad at math. It's hard to imagine but it seems to be the truth of it.

Edited by Tsillah

I sometimes really wonder if these guys are really just bad at math and therefore can't figure these things out before implementing them. The combination of math skills and a basic understanding of human behaviour should not constitute rocket science.

I look at it like this. People are supposedly 70% water water and when water comes down it always finds the easiest way. It fits. You bring out a new system and people will find the easiest way to manage it. Since 98% of the game's content is old, clearly people are more interested in efficiency than wonder.

And how they balanced the CXP gain indeed shows that they don't get it themselves. Either than or they are really bad at math. It's hard to imagine but it seems to be the truth of it.

Or maybe they just didn't imagine that anybody would want to play anything other than the way they want us to play - they know best after all....

Or maybe they just didn't imagine that anybody would want to play anything other than the way they want us to play - they know best after all....

The lack of imagination is the worst trait a game designer can have.

Edited by Tsetso

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.