Outlander Guerilla Set changed recently

nicholasdebono

The outlander guerilla set has been changed in its appearance. Previously it had a smooth chestptiece both front and back, and now it has a piece of cloth around the neck that keeps going like a tail on the back, and the front chest seems to be more scarred than it was before, honestly i think this new change is ugly, but the point is that many of us bought it for what it for what it was originally and might have added expensive dyes to the set.

I submitted a bug report, has anyone noticed this change?

I wish to remark that real money went into the cartel coins for the above mentioned set, when i bought and unlocked it, based on the appearence it had on that day.

Oh my God you're right. It's terrible. It makes it look like other chestpieces already available, and the change to the front in particular is awful. It doesn't even match the picture in collections, they forgot to change it!

Whelp. Guess it's time to switch the outfit on the character I have that set on.

hmm, it was indeed considerably changed. in the collections one can still see the original picture without the cloth. it is interesting to note that the main chest armor plate has been extended up to the shoulders and now there is a little piece of missing texture if you look from the back of the shoulder that isn't covered in the new cloth.

wonder why it was done though. maybe the armor is used by some mobs and they changed it to make them better fit their role. or maybe they are reworking or outdated armors to higher detail (texture & geometry) and gave the artists quite a lot of freedom to do so.

i remember that there were similar posts about other items on the forums after other patches. so yeah, they are slowly but systematically reviewing all armors for some reason.

It's hideous now, matching the drifter chest model to the last detail, like it was written over it by accident. I hope by accident and not purposely. I have the set and was looking for the right character to give it to. Now I have to give it to one fast so when they fix it by adding a classic version I will still get it.

That is assuming they do that. In the past they ninja edited armor sets and after an outrage they added the old ones anew as classics that looked better than the new in most cases.

They saw that people liked the look, so they decided to steal it to reuse in an upcoming set from a new pack. They've done this before and they'll do it again. They're lazy and cannibalistic when it comes to art design for the CM...even though there are thousands upon thousands of Star Wars EU outfits they could crib from and plenty of armor sets that are still NPC only players would probably like to own.

I used to care. Now, I do not care. So many alts with no future at endgame. Even just playing Barbie dress up with them has gotten depressing and most all have been shelved.

I wish to remark that real money went into the cartel coins for the above mentioned set, when i bought and unlocked it, based on the appearence it had on that day.

Setting aside the change in appearance for a moment...... It was silver rarity in the packs, so your statement is a bit conflated in my view.

A) you could buy these for months for often default listing prices on the GTNs, until the supply went scarce. I know this for a fact as I buy up, hold, and resell a good number of bronze and silver items that flood the markets when a new pack drops.

B) cartel packs are always a game of chance.. period. If you like a piece of gear, and want it for cheap.. you wait and buy it off the GTN... even if it is a super rare gold or platinum item.

You are correct about unlock price paid, and then they change the looks. I have seen this happen a number of times over the years... and it usually is because they were bugged in some way on release and they eventually self bug reported and fixed them internally. I can't say I'm pleased with this, but I also understand why/how it gets done and since I don't own the content rights to the game, I just suck it up and move on. I have never seen them revert them when we as the player base complain about it. They did, one time, early in the life of the CM give us two versions of early sets that they did in fact tinker with a lot after release.... and they credited every player with duplicates to cover taste variations. So I DO think that if they change an item after CM release, they should let players keep the original design, and mail them a new one (pre-bound). That would cover all the bases.

Thing is though... I have NEVER paid actual real money for actual cartel coins to spend on unlocks. The free stipend that comes each month from subbing is plenty for this if you are a regular sub. Just spend CCs only on things you cannot actually purchase for credits in game. And personally, I collect a lot of sets, but I generally do not even unlock them in Collections until there is a sale on unlocks (like we had a few weeks ago). I simply hoard my free coins until a sale unless I genuinely need items for more then one character.

Edited by Andryah

S

You are correct about unlock price paid, and then they change the looks. I have seen this happen a number of times over the years... and it usually is because they were bugged in some way on release and they eventually self bug reported and fixed them. I can't say I'm pleased with this, but I also understand why/how it gets done and since I don't own the content rights to the game, I just suck it up and move on. I have never seen them revert them when we as the player base complain about it.

Yeah, the Cartel Slot Machine were bugged and they "fixed" (nuked it from orbit) it.

Remember that? We ended up just having to "suck it up and move on."

Edited by AshlaBoga

Setting aside the change in appearance for a moment...... It was silver rarity in the packs, so your statement is a bit conflated in my view.

A) you could buy these for months for often default listing prices on the GTNs, until the supply went scarce. I know this for a fact as I buy up, hold, and resell a good number of bronze and silver items that flood the markets when a new pack drops.

B) cartel packs are always a game of chance.. period. If you like a piece of gear, and want it for cheap.. you wait and buy it off the GTN... even if it is a super rare gold or platinum item.

You are correct about unlock price paid, and then they change the looks. I have seen this happen a number of times over the years... and it usually is because they were bugged in some way on release and they eventually self bug reported and fixed them internally. I can't say I'm pleased with this, but I also understand why/how it gets done and since I don't own the content rights to the game, I just suck it up and move on. I have never seen them revert them when we as the player base complain about it. They did, one time, early in the life of the CM give us two versions of early sets that they did in fact tinker with a lot after release.... and they credited every player with duplicates to cover taste variations. So I DO think that if they change an item after CM release, they should let players keep the original design, and mail them a new one (pre-bound). That would cover all the bases.

Thing is though... I have NEVER paid actual real money for actual cartel coins to spend on unlocks. The free stipend that comes each month from subbing is plenty for this if you are a regular sub. Just spend CCs only on things you cannot actually purchase for credits in game. And personally, I collect a lot of sets, but I generally do not even unlock them in Collections until there is a sale on unlocks (like we had a few weeks ago). I simply hoard my free coins until a sale unless I genuinely need items for more then one character.

1) The outfit is bugged now, since there's missing texture on the back and the cloth drape phases through the character's arm even when standing still. There were no such bugs or glitches on the original set; I know, one of my characters has worn it for months.

2) SOMEONE had to pay real money to get that Outlander Guerilla set, since it only came in a Cartel Pack. Don't try to cloud the issue because that person may have resold it for credits. EAWare got paid to get that drop. A company changing items people paid for with real money without warning is a terrible thing to do to your customers.

3) People have paid Cartel Coins (bought with real money) to unlock the outfit across the legacy. I am one of those people. Therefore, I have wasted real money unlocking a set that now I hate. Again, this is a terrible thing for a company to do to their customers.

Edited by AscendingSky

Yeah, the Cartel Slot Machine were bugged and they "fixed" (nuked it from orbit) it.

Remember that? We ended up just having to "suck it up and move on."

oh yeah, the one over which they left the game for, for a time :p

and the irony here is... actual bugs go unfixed for ages. my marka rag-nos robes STILL randomly fly up and twitch in cutscenes, there is something very odd going on with belt flab of balanced combatant as well, regal apparel miniskirt switches between having no leggins like its supposed to and then suddenly acquiring them in cutscenes and been doing that for at least a year now, and that's just the sets I saw in action personaly recently.

you'd think that given the reaction to changes in preceptor gear (to fix the bugs) and having to essentially split it into 2 different sets (classic and regular) would teach them not to mess with set looks. but nope. leave actual bugs in game - fix what no one wanted "fixed" in a first place.

it doesn't matter if you paid 120 or 240 unlock cost, it doesn't matter if you bought cartel coins to get packs or someone else. real money was exchanged.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.