Black screen after alt-tab / quitting the game

MorgothPl

There is something wrong with 5.0. When I try to alt-tab or just simple quit game, computer gets unresponsive and the only way is to hard reboot with reset button. This is kinda irritating, and on same hardware before 5.0 didn't exist. So I believe this is something with KOTET - tried reinstalling game, different graphics settings and such, but it didn't help.

That happened to me a few times, I had to go to the process windows (Ctrl-Shift-Esc, if that doesn’t work try Ctrl-Alt-Del instead) and close the swtor.exe process manually to force the game to close. It's no ideal, but it's better than a complete reboot...

Doesn't work at Windows 10 - I get complete black screen, and can't open process window to kill the task.

In Win 10 you can create a second virtual desktop (task view -> new desktop) if you have none, and then switch to it using Win + Ctrl + Left/Right to switch around them. Then start task manager on that other desktop and you can kill swtor.exe.

The virtual desktops are persistent, so it will remember the amount you have set when you log out, reboot or restart your machine.