Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Is it possible for one-night stands/flirts with NPC's while romancing someone?

ARavingLooony

pretty much as it says in title. If you are romancing someone do they get all angry and deny you the chance for a one night stand with an NPC (like unhardened Leliana denys you Isabela booty in DA:O) ?or is it fine if you dismiss them pre-flirt? or do they not care if u flirt with an npc and are just like "whatever" if u go off and fade to black bone said NPC?

I believe this actually varies from love interest to love interest. I played my Imperial agent as an unapologetic dirtbag (I liked to think of him as as a straight-up evil James Bond), and Kaliyo - whom he was romancing - actually approved of him sleeping around on the job.

Yeah, Kaliyo is totally a Watcher, and I don't mean that in the Imperial Intelligence Designation sort of way ;)

Most Li dislike it but it doesn't matter anymore. You don't lose influence, you just gain less. They won't break up with you and they won't really mention it again.

Corso just accepts it, not willingly but he says, " when all the guys are gone, I'll still be here after you ****** yourself out"

What a ***** I mean what guy just takes it like that!?!?

But yah, sleep around in Swtor, it doesn't matter.:rak_03: You won't catch anything either!

It really depends on the love interest. For example, at one point in the Agent story, a female Agent can marry a Voss in order to secure access to some data they need to continue the class story. Vector is absolutely and totally cool with this, and even teases you about the demands of the job. You can even sleep with your new 'husband' and Vector still doesn't disapprove in the slightest. This makes sense for him, because he has a background as an Imperial diplomat and understands that the goal you're striving for is more important than you maintaining a completely monogamous relationship with him.

On the other hand, Corso will get upset every single time the female Smuggler so much as flirts with a male NPC. As someone else says, he doesn't end the relationship over it, but he'll speak up every time and try to prevent it from happening.

On the other, other hand, as a female Warrior you can have a one-night stand with Pierce even if you've romanced Quinn, because Pierce thinks Quinn is a loser. XD

So in the end, yes, you can do it, but your companions may or may not get angry at you over it.

Edited by AscendingSky

It really depends on the love interest. For example, at one point in the Agent story, a female Agent can marry a Voss in order to secure access to some data they need to continue the class story. Vector is absolutely and totally cool with this, and even teases you about the demands of the job. You can even sleep with your new 'husband' and Vector still doesn't disapprove in the slightest. This makes sense for him, because he has a background as an Imperial diplomat and understands that the goal you're striving for is more important than you maintaining a completely monogamous relationship with him.

On the other hand, Corso will get upset every single time the female Smuggler so much as flirts with a male NPC. As someone else says, he doesn't end the relationship over it, but he'll speak up every time and try to prevent it from happening.

On the other, other hand, as a female Warrior you can have a one-night stand with Pierce even if you've romanced Quinn, because Pierce thinks Quinn is a loser. XD

So in the end, yes, you can do it, but your companions may or may not get angry at you over it.

What I found sad is that Quinn never acknowledged any of it.

What a ***** I mean what guy just takes it like that!?!?

You would be surprised nowadays.

Lots of women would rather be a part of an Alpha's harem than settle with a Beta. A buddy of mine has quite a few girls in rotation, including two friends who live with each other.

This leaves many guys without a hope of getting a girl. Which means many of them will put up with anything to keep one. One guy I worked with in the oil patch was dating a really hot woman. She was with him because he took care of her and was away all the time. So she was always seeing people while he was away. He finally quit the patch and got a job back home. A few months later they decided to be in an open relationship. Which means she can see whoever she wants.

Lots of women would rather be a part of an Alpha's harem than settle with a Beta. A buddy of mine has quite a few girls in rotation, including two friends who live with each other.

This leaves many guys without a hope of getting a girl. Which means many of them will put up with anything to keep one. One guy I worked with in the oil patch was dating a really hot woman. She was with him because he took care of her and was away all the time. So she was always seeing people while he was away. He finally quit the patch and got a job back home. A few months later they decided to be in an open relationship. Which means she can see whoever she wants.

That's sad ;/ I guess this works the other way around as well. People need to put their foot down!!

I suspected you were part of the MRA, pick-up artist community! Your use of 'Alpha' and 'Beta' proves it. That would explain your issues with women.

I suggest playing male smuggler

and try to fool around with all the female LI companions, oh, the catfight that ensues, that is just priceless.

I've never played a male smuggler, but now I want to look up these cutscenes on YouTube because I'm thinking of the NPCs involved and they sound like they would be amazing.

What I found sad is that Quinn never acknowledged any of it.

I kind of got the impression that you hid it from him on purpose. You can also trigger the Pierce one night stand after Quinn does the thing that often ends the romance, in which case he doesn't really have a leg to stand on to complain does he! :p

Funny fact though, if the female agent declines spending the night with her Voss husband, "Vector Greatly Approves." So while he may not dislike the agent banging the Voss guy, he's very happy if you don't :D

Always makes me laugh.

ETA: I also think that it's not only Vector's diplomat background, it's the Joiner part of him that also doesn't mind because Killiks aren't possessive.

Edited by AngFour

Funny fact though, if the female agent declines spending the night with her Voss husband, "Vector Greatly Approves."

True, he does like that choice more! But even back in the day, you didn't lose any influence from him if you did consummate the marriage. And he tells you before the wedding he's not worried about losing you, that's why he teases you about the demands of the job.

I kind of got the impression that you hid it from him on purpose. You can also trigger the Pierce one night stand after Quinn does the thing that often ends the romance, in which case he doesn't really have a leg to stand on to complain does he! :p

I can't remember where I watched a clip, but I swear I saw one where there's a confrontation between Pierce and Quinn if the Warrior's been with both and one of the options was something like deciding not to choose between either of them and Quinn just accepts it as Sith prerogative while Pierce is a bit gloaty over it.

I don't think I imagined it, but as my head's full of working on the last papers of the semester for class, I wouldn't quite rule it out.

I can't remember where I watched a clip, but I swear I saw one where there's a confrontation between Pierce and Quinn if the Warrior's been with both and one of the options was something like deciding not to choose between either of them and Quinn just accepts it as Sith prerogative while Pierce is a bit gloaty over it.

I don't think I imagined it, but as my head's full of working on the last papers of the semester for class, I wouldn't quite rule it out.

That could be true... I only played through the Warrior story once, I may have just not triggered that scene. I'll see if I can find it on YouTube.

To be fair, picking Pierce in that scenario is kind of a dead end, because you can't actually romance him, just fade to black with him once.

True, he does like that choice more! But even back in the day, you didn't lose any influence from him if you did consummate the marriage. And he tells you before the wedding he's not worried about losing you, that's why he teases you about the demands of the job.

And about your choice in men. And brags about being charming.

As messed up as that entire thing was, I always found the marriage part funny IF your brought Vector AND you were romancing him.

And about your choice in men. And brags about being charming.

As messed up as that entire thing was, I always found the marriage part funny IF your brought Vector AND you were romancing him.

It's a great little scene, I agree! Vector was a very... interesting love interest, especially with the whole Killik hive mind aspect to consider.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.