When all threads are negative, it's bad.

TrixxieTriss

There is mostly negative threads because the one part that will stick with us is the negative. I mean the story can be completed in a few hours, the 4 new 15 minute alerts...well 15 minutes and all. So...what lasts, random gearing does. And it will last a good long time unless they make a change at the top about how things go.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooo why am I subbing to this game is my question...... to acces the galactic command system right. Then why the hell are they introducing boosts that only subs can use? To milk microtransactions out of the few remaining subs? I imagine they just introduced this new system so they could milk even more money from subs, using these new boosts in the Cartel Market.

How about you they just increase a passive 25% boost to CxP, instead of introducing these just stupid Cartel market boosts, It just shows that they don't care at all about subs.

Edited by Theshadowbehind

People resist change. It makes them uncomfortable. It can be painful.

I believe the majority of the players this will impact are end game NIM raiders. Maybe pvp'ers to a lesser extent. Those are the only groups I can think of that are truly impacted. I've read somewhere before that end game raiders make up maybe 2% of the player base.

If that's true, BW/EA aren't going to spend many resources to change GC. Why do you think we haven't seen any new end game ops? Or warzones? In years. Because an overwhelming majority of the player base doesn't use that content.

I do think they will somehow tweak the drop rate for set bonus gear. And somehow tweak the chances for getting the pieces you need. Kind of like the 'bad luck protection' I've been reading about in WoW.

Edited by tharbison

People resist change. It makes them uncomfortable. It can be painful.

I believe the majority of the players this will impact are end game NIM raiders. Maybe pvp'ers to a lesser extent. Those are the only groups I can think of that are truly impacted. I've read somewhere before that end game raiders make up maybe 2% of the player base.

If that's true, BW/EA aren't going to spend many resources to change GC. Why do you think we haven't seen any new end game ops? Or warzones? In years. Because an overwhelming majority of the player base doesn't use that content.

I do think they will somehow tweak the drop rate for set bonus gear. And somehow tweak the chances for getting the pieces you need. Kind of like the 'bad luck protection' I've been reading about in WoW.

Lets talk again in 2 months and 100 GC levels later when half the people will still have 3-4 items to show for...

By the way, the bad luck protection was implemented since start of Wow expansion. Considering EA/BW are on vacation till mid Jan, they will start looking at it when you are already 100?

Edited by Alloou
added

Lets talk again in 2 months and 100 GC levels later when half the people will still have 3-4 items to show for...

By the way, the bad luck protection was implemented since start of Wow expansion. Considering EA/BW are on vacation till mid Jan, they will start looking at it when you are already 100?

That's fine...for me. I don't pvp or NIM raid. But I understand those who do are upset.

A couple of thoughts come to mind - first, players say it's too easy. So BW/EA makes it hard. Now players say it's too hard...I for one like that it takes more effort to obtain the desirable items instead of getting it all in like a week or two.

My guess is an 'easy' fix would be to increase the drop rate for the set bonus gear pieces in the crates. So instead of dropping 1/20 times, it will drop 1/10. Random numbers but you get the drift. That could be done lickety split if they choose to implement a quick tweak.

That's fine...for me. I don't pvp or NIM raid. But I understand those who do are upset.

A couple of thoughts come to mind - first, players say it's too easy. So BW/EA makes it hard. Now players say it's too hard...I for one like that it takes more effort to obtain the desirable items instead of getting it all in like a week or two.

My guess is an 'easy' fix would be to increase the drop rate for the set bonus gear pieces in the crates. So instead of dropping 1/20 times, it will drop 1/10. Random numbers but you get the drift. That could be done lickety split if they choose to implement a quick tweak.

See, the players are talking about the story with God companions. I haven't seen any complain that gear is too easy to get.

And even if it was easy pre -5.0, now it's not hard to get the gear. It's pure grind. Grind as hell and then some. This is not hard to gear. This is a complete and utter waste of time.

Gear is supposed to be means to an end, not the end.

Negative threads are nothing new of course...but the sheer number over 5.0 is overwhelming. And the fact that almost every single one is being started by someone new, is also shocking. These threads aren't being started by the same few players...they're being started by people who traditionally haven't posted at all. THAT should be all the flag they need...but when you add in the vast number who claim to be quitting, I can't imagine why any company would ignore it...it blows my mind.

Negative threads are nothing new of course...but the sheer number over 5.0 is overwhelming. And the fact that almost every single one is being started by someone new, is also shocking. These threads aren't being started by the same few players...they're being started by people who traditionally haven't posted at all. THAT should be all the flag they need...but when you add in the vast number who claim to be quitting, I can't imagine why any company would ignore it...it blows my mind.

Yes, in 4.0 the forums were a warm cozy place, where all the posters more or less knew each other. I feel kind of disturbed of so many young forum pvp-ers flooding them. Or did they misspoke and mean that new players would flood the forums instead of servers?

Edited by Tsetso

See, the players are talking about the story with God companions. I haven't seen any complain that gear is too easy to get.

And even if it was easy pre -5.0, now it's not hard to get the gear. It's pure grind. Grind as hell and then some. This is not hard to gear. This is a complete and utter waste of time.

Gear is supposed to be means to an end, not the end.

I haven't heard the complaint about 'god' companions in story. I don't know about that one. I've only seen angry posts about how long it will take to get a complete set of set bonus gear thru the command xp crates.

Honestly, before 5.0, I didn't have any set bonus gear. And I did great. Now post 5.0, I've received my first set bonus piece and it was pretty awesome, but, I really don't need it to play the game.

The 'good news' is there was a queue to even play the game last night on Harbinger. And fleet population was biggest I've seen in ages. I don't think BW/EA is concerned about the 20 ppl on forums complaining about unsubbing.

Edited by tharbison

Yes, in 4.0 the forums were a warm cozy place, where all the posters more or less knew each other. I feel kind of disturbed of so many young forum pvp-ers flooding them. Or did they misspoke and mean that new players would flood the forums instead of servers?

Right?! I was just getting comfortable posting on the forums when I knew only 5-10 people would actually see it...now I'm overwhelmed :o

Most gaming forums are negative. The game isn't bad. There are some things needing improvement but people see forums as a means to whinge. I whinge about the 1 cxp in heroics but I'm over it now. It won't make me quit but I sure as heck will not be buying boosts.

You'd think Wildstar's forums would have been the epitome of toxicity. They weren't because the devs were in the thick of the discussions. Active and substantive communications defused many potential meltdowns even when the message didn't agree with the majority. Yeah they had their share of Soon™ and "We hear your concerns" but they actually followed up instead of dropping the mic.

Of course now they're taking a page from BINO's playbook and have gone silent. The tenor of their forums is very depressing now.

I haven't heard the complaint about 'god' companions in story. I don't know about that one. I've only seen angry posts about how long it will take to get a complete set of set bonus gear thru the command xp crates.

Honestly, before 5.0, I didn't have any set bonus gear. And I did great. Now post 5.0, I've received my first set bonus piece and it was pretty awesome, but, I really don't need it to play the game.

The 'good news' is there was a queue to even play the game last night on Harbinger. And fleet population was biggest I've seen in ages. I don't think BW/EA is concerned about the 20 ppl on forums complaining about unsubbing.

If you are talking about Harbinger, Tait acknowledged that there was a problem with the server and they were trying to fix it.

You'd think Wildstar's forums would have been the epitome of toxicity. They weren't because the devs were in the thick of the discussions. Active and substantive communications defused many potential meltdowns even when the message didn't agree with the majority. Yeah they had their share of Soon™ and "We hear your concerns" but they actually followed up instead of dropping the mic.

Of course now they're taking a page from BINO's playbook and have gone silent. The tenor of their forums is very depressing now.

It has been my observation that a games forum ALWAYS is a direct reflection of the interaction of the developers.

Mmmmmm meeeeetriiiiiics. *zombie shuffles*

And the root cause of that queue? Chances are their login servers were overwhelmed. TOR's own status reporting had them at Standard. Admittedly that's an improvement from before the patch. The biggest server couldn't even tick into "Heavy" much less threaten "Full", lol.

Checks...

http://www.torstatus.net/the-harbinger/history/7d#!/the-harbinger/trends/1d

*winces* Looks like BINO's all set for another quarterly report mention.

That "queue" was a bug lol. The login servers didn't start properly...it was a faux queue.

Theres only negative threads on forums because unhappy people are not playing and rather typing, and all happy people are playing the game not caring who cries and were. Usually when people are happy with what they got they don't say a word, they just play.

Ooooh. That would explain why the servers are all staying light status because the forums are in heavy status at the moment.

Cool! Nice to see the Harbinger population trend up 100% since 5.0 hit!

100%? Population is below standard.

And for the queues?

Hey everyone,

We are looking into the queue on Harbinger, and hope to have everyone in game soon!

Hey folks!

We have identified the issue, and are working to get it resolved. In fact, we have seen a significant dip in the queue.

If you're seeing issues with in-game mail, it is simply a delay - nothing has been lost.

We are going to continue working on the issue, but you should see a steady improvement over time.

Thanks!

Yes, 100%. According to the chart you linked, at the end of November, the trend was at 40%. since 5.0 hit, it shot to 80%. That's a 100% increase. Thanks for sharing the good news!

The red one is the heavy :rolleyes: that 80% is the light curve... The population has been hovering between light and standard ...

Yes, 100%. According to the chart you linked, at the end of November, the trend was at 40%. since 5.0 hit, it shot to 80%. That's a 100% increase. Thanks for sharing the good news!

Yep, going from 4 to 8 players is a massive achievement.

Yep, going from 4 to 8 players is a massive achievement.

I think he didn't understand what the chart represents and how it will always add up to 100%.

The only thing that changes is what % of time the server is light,standard , heavy or full...

The red one is the heavy :rolleyes: that 80% is the light curve... The population has been hovering between light and standard ...

The way I read it...the yellow line is 'light' population tracking. The green line is 'standard' population tracking.

The 'standard' green went from 40% to 80% since 5.0 released.

The 'light' yellow did the inverse, and went from 60% to 20%.

The expectation is since the green line increased, the yellow would decrease. See for yourself, even the chart shows they are always the inverse of each other.

The analysis aside, who knows where they get the numbers for their chart. I wouldn't give them much weight or credence unless we knew it was a scientific sample, which I expect it's not. And that would also explain why BW/EA frowns on posting links like this.

I do know that the population on fleet since 5.0 is the highest I've seen it in ages. I don't need a chart to tell me that!

Edited by tharbison

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.